Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:30 pm
All of that information is on the first page of this thread too

Glad to have you back KT!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:25 pm
IceeWitch
All of that information is on the first page of this thread too

eek
It is, isn't it?
I swear it wasn't there before, lol
...maybe I was just having a really ADHD day...

My problem is that I want to do one set of lessons for each year, but I want to be able to let students do lessons from years below their own (After this term, this will only be available if they haven't done those lessons previously). But it seems sort of crazy to only give half credit when it really isn't their fault that I wasn't around for their earlier school years. Would it be alright if I gave full points for something like that?

I have no idea what this means.... It's really confusing!

Slappy approved:  

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:26 pm
IceeWitch
Glad to have you back KT!

Thank you, Icee!
It's wonderful to be back.
xd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:09 am
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
since 09
2. How many posts have you made?
a good amount
3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
yes and i did all my work and got good grades lol
4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
tAstronomy
5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Grey
6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
To help out other enjoy learning
7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
I will give on lesson per week since it is a short term then i will a final in the end aso classwork is required one every other assignment
8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
Teaching a class for a second time this will be awesome again

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
that would be great xd
11.Anything else you would like to add: I think everyone should participate.

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:01 pm
Hope Maxime Hagrid
My problem is that I want to do one set of lessons for each year, but I want to be able to let students do lessons from years below their own (After this term, this will only be available if they haven't done those lessons previously). But it seems sort of crazy to only give half credit when it really isn't their fault that I wasn't around for their earlier school years. Would it be alright if I gave full points for something like that?

KT: Are you saying that you are going to have about 3 lessons for each year level, and you would like to give students the option of doing "extra lessons" from the years/levels below them? If that is what you are saying, then I think it is fine to give them full credit for ALL of the work they do. If they want to do another year's lessons, it's just like taking another class, so they can still earn full credit. Just make sure you keep track of who's done what so that if you teach it again people can't do the lessons they've already done.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:06 pm
Lyra Elizabeth

KT: Are you saying that you are going to have about 3 lessons for each year level, and you would like to give students the option of doing "extra lessons" from the years/levels below them? If that is what you are saying, then I think it is fine to give them full credit for ALL of the work they do. If they want to do another year's lessons, it's just like taking another class, so they can still earn full credit. Just make sure you keep track of who's done what so that if you teach it again people can't do the lessons they've already done.

I will. Thank you, that helps a lot.
But I'm actually planning on 4 lessons and a final for each year... I might end up needing to push it back to 3 for this first term, because I'm basically starting over from scratch. But 4 is the goal. I hope that's ok.

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:16 pm
Aunt Slappy
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
since 09
2. How many posts have you made?
a good amount
3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
yes and i did all my work and got good grades lol
4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
tAstronomy
5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Grey
6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
To help out other enjoy learning
7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
I will give on lesson per week since it is a short term then i will a final in the end aso classwork is required one every other assignment
8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
Teaching a class for a second time this will be awesome again

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
that would be great xd
11.Anything else you would like to add: I think everyone should participate.

accepted!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:04 am
Teachers please allow people to register for your class until Friday!

IceeWitch

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:39 am
notice
almost all of the students in the charms class have been absent and most are one lesson from being dropped only one person has attempted the lesson the hw is completed by the griffendor the classwork started and the slytherin has a one week extension cause they let me know ahead of time that they would be gone for a set of time every one else has failed to post for this lesson or to turn in the hw the ravenclaw hasnt done anything outside of posting a sign up is there any way we can get a message to the student sot get them to be more active? i have just sent a pm to each of the students telling them what they need to turn in

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:39 pm
techpriest35
notice
almost all of the students in the charms class have been absent and most are one lesson from being dropped only one person has attempted the lesson the hw is completed by the griffendor the classwork started and the slytherin has a one week extension cause they let me know ahead of time that they would be gone for a set of time every one else has failed to post for this lesson or to turn in the hw the ravenclaw hasnt done anything outside of posting a sign up is there any way we can get a message to the student sot get them to be more active? i have just sent a pm to each of the students telling them what they need to turn in

I think, if we can find someone from each house to post in the common rooms and us "professors post in our classes or great hall, things like that the message might be received i will spread the word in Hufflepuff!  

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:52 pm
Aunt Slappy
techpriest35
notice

I think, if we can find someone from each house to post in the common rooms and us "professors post in our classes or great hall, things like that the message might be received i will spread the word in Hufflepuff!

lols i have been spreading the word in slytherin for the last 4 terms  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:01 pm
techpriest35
Aunt Slappy
techpriest35

But the whole guild seems like its snoozing right now, even i am on less, but my time is very limited, even so i see little activity around gotta amp it up

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Aunt Slappy
techpriest35
Aunt Slappy
techpriest35

But the whole guild seems like its snoozing right now, even i am on less, but my time is very limited, even so i see little activity around gotta amp it up
im on about an hour a day on tuesday-friday and on friday-sunday i have oppurtunities to get online more which i spend mostly on gaia and i can only rp so much by my self it takes more people responding hey ima try the guild chat in a few seconds thinking i should change my avatar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:09 am
hey i have a idea im going to do it unless im told i cant
heres my idea im going to raise the points possible in a final for just this term cause there are so few members of the guild that stayed active through the whole term i mean seriously i had five members originally join my class and now theres only like 4 people who are truly active
i made it a game in my class will some one read over the post known as final info and decide if thats ok and if so revise the game i made to help those that might have questions better understand it?
i will try to clear up any confusion if asked by the student but i know there will be questions
this is mostly an idea to reward those houses that have been trying to keep the guild active theres a chance that any of the houses except ravenclaw will be able to pull ahead in the race for the cup based on this game
(raven claw cant get any points cause the only raven claw that joined got kicked from the class for inactivity although i know you have some ravenclaws that are active in other parts of the guild and to make the cup race fair i will allow two members of the ravenclaw house to participate in place of the student that got kicked)
thx for your time
will also post a link to this in the sfq so more will be able to see it and maybe respond to it

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:20 pm
when do classes open again i want to teach charms again and im wondering when i should put my sign up sheet?  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff