Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:29 pm
Volan d Vol
I'm going to have to start using the 3mm magnets to attach the weapons cause I'm running so low on the 2mm ones.

You sure they're not too big? I have a buddy who magnetized the storm bolter and heavy flamer for a Dreadnought with 3mm magnets, and they were honestly too big for even that.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:58 pm
I've already been doing with some of the weapons, their not too big, I'd only be using one on each weapon. Hell I've been using them on the regular flamers and meltaguns that you attach to the side of the siege drills.  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:26 am
Volan d Vol
I've already been doing with some of the weapons, their not too big, I'd only be using one on each weapon. Hell I've been using them on the regular flamers and meltaguns that you attach to the side of the siege drills.
Wow, okay, the arms must be bigger than they appear.

On more the painting side of things, I just finished painting my Macragge crashed Aquilla fighter, painted to match my battleboard. Pics to follow... Sometime? My camera is still missing. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:05 pm
Yeah their arms are bigger, I'd say their about twice the size of a regular Marine's arm because it kind of looks like he almost puts his arm into the suit armor and all. Like if you look at the legs when they don't have the armor plates on them it's just the normal Space Marine legs in a kind of battle suit looking apparatus.  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:12 pm
A marine rides Centurion armour with his arms crossed over his chest, that's why the left shoulder guard has that bit of iconography. It's basically a large suit of exo-armour.

And the Centurion fists are just a smidge larger than a regular old power fist when put side to side.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:38 pm
Lt. Brookman
A marine rides Centurion armour with his arms crossed over his chest, that's why the left shoulder guard has that bit of iconography. It's basically a large suit of exo-armour.

And the Centurion fists are just a smidge larger than a regular old power fist when put side to side.
That's why I'm surprised they don't count as power fists in assault. xp  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:39 pm
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman

That's why I'm surprised they don't count as power fists in assault. xp
These are just large waldo operated arms and hands, they do not generate a power field. Which is for the best, as you want those pythons to hit on initiative, not strike last. ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:33 pm
DarkElf27

That stuff sure works good like you said on the pewter models, though my Librarian has a little more goop on it, I think when I was a kid I just slapped paint all over it without much thought. I need to soak everything for a bit longer though, it really didn't get as much off of the plastic models as I would have liked, but most tutorials have you soak everything for days so I think it did pretty good for just a night of soaking.  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:06 am
I got my Centurions work out with all their weapon choices, now it's just a matter of finishing up some little tedious things...Like magnetizing all the flamers and Meltaguns so the Siege Drills accept them. I was also working on magnetizing the Hurricane Bolters and so forth but one of the Assault Launchers was trying to glue itself inside so I had to pry it off and it flung off into the abyss somewhere .____.

Very doubtful they will be getting the hoses, it's just not realistic.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:38 am
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27

That stuff sure works good like you said on the pewter models, though my Librarian has a little more goop on it, I think when I was a kid I just slapped paint all over it without much thought. I need to soak everything for a bit longer though, it really didn't get as much off of the plastic models as I would have liked, but most tutorials have you soak everything for days so I think it did pretty good for just a night of soaking.
Good to hear! Yeah, I've soaked guardsmen in it for days or weeks at a time to get it off layer by layer, but I haven't been disappointed yet. 3nodding  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:05 pm
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27

Good to hear! Yeah, I've soaked guardsmen in it for days or weeks at a time to get it off layer by layer, but I haven't been disappointed yet. 3nodding

Yeah I got all my Terminators magnetized and re-primed along with the Terminator Librarian and my regular Librarian, then I also primed my Devastator Sergeant and the different weapon options I magnetized for him.

I need to finish magnetizing all the smaller weapon options for the Centurions like the Flamer/Melta options for the Siege Drills and the Missile Launcher/Assault Launcher/Hurricane Bolter options for the chest. Which means I need to find that missing Assault Launcher sometime ._____.

I'm also still thinking about how I want to go about things with the Devastators themselves...I don't really want to magnetize them because that would be a pain in the a**, but it will also be a pain in the a** to paint them if I glue their weapons on before I prime and paint them...I kind of already eyeballed their heads after removing them so I could re-glue them with their heads looking in the right directions. But now I need to decide if I'm going to just say yes to less work by gluing on the weapons and not really having to paint the chest, or going through the effort of priming each piece and painting them disassembled...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:00 pm
I sprayed my Land Raider and my newest Razorback/Rhino blue today, now their both blue! Yay! I also primed the Devastators I had removed the paint from now so I just have to paint everything and glue them all back together.  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:38 am
Volan d Vol
I sprayed my Land Raider and my newest Razorback/Rhino blue today, now their both blue! Yay! I also primed the Devastators I had removed the paint from now so I just have to paint everything and glue them all back together.
Nice, are they Ultramarines?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:32 pm
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

Yeah, I only run Ultramarines, I'm lame and didn't go with any other chapter.  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:40 pm
Volan d Vol
DarkElf27
Volan d Vol

Yeah, I only run Ultramarines, I'm lame and didn't go with any other chapter.
Nothing wrong with that, especially in the new codex. whee How're the tanks coming along?  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff