Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 713 714 715 716 717 718 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:06 pm
It's FFG's latest LCG, it sells well enough at my FLGS, personally I'm not into them, but they are well designed and balanced.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:47 am
BrookM
It's FFG's latest LCG, it sells well enough at my FLGS, personally I'm not into them, but they are well designed and balanced.
Have you considered creating a tiny human of your own? It's a great investment for when you want to play a game and can't because you're a dour, friendless sod. wink  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:45 pm
To all of the service men and women out there, I wish you a happy Veterans Day. Also Thank You.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:37 am
They're even handing out poppies. emotion_yatta  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:47 pm
The first WH40K army that I ever collected was the Space Marines. However, the first army that I ever fielded in a competitive environment (ie, a gaming group) was my Imperial Guard. Notably, they never won any of the 11 matches they appeared in. sad That was back in 2009-2010, and I went back to Space Marines (and, later, picked up Necrons) after that. Since then, they've come out of the foam exactly twice; for a friend to use in a demo game, and in a team game for a special event. I won the latter game, technically, but my teammate did most of the heavy lifting. I just held the line.

I don't have the space to keep them anymore, and I've come to realize that they're never going to get used again, I'll never finish painting them, and I'm generally not having a ton of fun with the hobby anymore. So... on Tuesday, I'm handing off my Guardsmen to a friend, who got me into the hobby in the first place.

So... this is goodbye to my first real army. They never truly won, but they at least died standing. Now someone else can give them a new shot at life and glory.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:37 pm
Ociluce
The first WH40K army that I ever collected was the Space Marines. However, the first army that I ever fielded in a competitive environment (ie, a gaming group) was my Imperial Guard. Notably, they never won any of the 11 matches they appeared in. sad That was back in 2009-2010, and I went back to Space Marines (and, later, picked up Necrons) after that. Since then, they've come out of the foam exactly twice; for a friend to use in a demo game, and in a team game for a special event. I won the latter game, technically, but my teammate did most of the heavy lifting. I just held the line.

I don't have the space to keep them anymore, and I've come to realize that they're never going to get used again, I'll never finish painting them, and I'm generally not having a ton of fun with the hobby anymore. So... on Tuesday, I'm handing off my Guardsmen to a friend, who got me into the hobby in the first place.

So... this is goodbye to my first real army. They never truly won, but they at least died standing. Now someone else can give them a new shot at life and glory.

To each of us falls a task.
And all the Emperor requires of us Guardsmen is that we stand the line
and we die fighting.
It is what we do best;
we die standing.

-General Sturnn  

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:18 am
Hello! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:02 am
I finally found two lovely models that will do nicely as nobles for my Imperial Knight army:

Lady Valentina DuChess, she'll do nicely as the questing Knight whom has returned home laden with honours and other decorations. I love the wolf pelt she's wearing, it will make for an excellent justification to put one or two Space Wolf decals on her suit of armour.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Alt head option:

And this one, who may or may not become the baroness DuChess, replacing a previous model I stuck on the base of her suit of armour:

The alt head and hand option:

Only real downside to those (aside being from a company that I don't quite trust yet) is that both girls are strategically perched on a piece of debris. Maybe I'll replace those with more suitable things like a dead Tau and a dead Ork. ninja

All I need now is my copy of the fourth Horus Heresy book and I'm in business. twisted  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:10 am
Mailman just dropped this one off, best way to end the year with a bang I suppose.

Also got this one yesterday, just eight months or so late, but whatever, finally got it..

Eyup, this idiot got another gaming system to delve into.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:33 am
And here I was thinking you were done with Dredd after all that drama. Baka. wink  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:20 am
Dredd cannot be ignored; He´s the Law.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:41 am

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:50 am
Vikki Stardust
And here I was thinking you were done with Dredd after all that drama. Baka. wink
I like being an idiot I suppose, it's that one thing I do seem to excel at. Plus, can't let drama ruin a potentially good game.

Also, for showing that piece of s**t movie there is only one verdict.

User Image

Or..

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:54 am
BrookM
*poke*
Do reviews or something of your new swag, this place needs more spam. emo  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:02 pm
User Image
6.12. is Finlands Independence Day!

Finnish National Anthem
Finlandia by Jean Sibelius

and now for some Sabaton!!!
Talvisota
White Death
Soldier of the 3 Army

General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 713 714 715 716 717 718 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games