Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Navidian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:57 am
Hello everyone, my name is Navidian/Navi/Stacey. I've been in this guild a while but right when I joined I took a long hiatus from Gaia. Now I'd like to try to become a little more active again and I thought posting here would be a great way to do so!

I have a Bachelor's in Fine Art with a concentration in Art Education; but the teacher lifestyle wasn't one for me. So now I do closed-captioning for college lectures/high school classes and on the side I'm making a self-published comic entitled Harbinger. I learned a bit from my college courses, but for the most part I would say I am self-taught; at least for the style I work in.

I love working in art nouveau and realistic styles. : )  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:39 pm
Hia peoples! I'm Rose, an Alaskan highschool senior working towards going to beauty school. English and science comprehension is quite evident, as you'll soon learn, and art is my passion.

Though I've not learned much from art classes (the teachers were the "do it for you" type) I learn a lot from life and books. I run the local Anime club, where all I do is throw on a movie and help teach people how to draw.

It would be quite enjoyable if I could better my own style while helping others better theirs.

I love you all,
Rose

crazysanityalaska

3,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200

Shinji Kotami 42

Hilarious Prophet

5,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:23 am
Heya all!

Name's Shinji. I'm a 25 year old male in college going for a Major in Kinesiology, Physical Therapy in particular. I used to draw a bit in high school, and have been trying to get back in the hang of it again. My gf recommended me to this guild, so I am hoping to grow my art out once again.

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:02 pm
Hello there ^^;

My name's Jasmine and I think I might be younger than most of you. im only a Sophomore in Highschool. I love art and im taking some ARL's for visual communications (animation and such). I started getting into drawing at a younger age and i never gave it up. A friend of mine told me to go to gaia and look for some guilds pertaining to art. When I saw the mentor idea I thought it was great and i hope to improve my style here and maybe help some people? (though i doubt I can help anyone~) Heres a sample of what I can do. It's not alot but its recent(as in the past 2 weeks lol)

My gallery c:

*EDIT* full gallery here(good stuff is at the end): FB Gallery  

HekkuWrekku

Ayveke

Conservative Vampire

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:56 pm
Hello
smile

My name is Ayveke(I don't like giving out my real name :/)
I am 20 years old.
I am engaged to the man I love more than anything ^.^
I love to draw..
But I do need some help..
So I hope I can find some helpful tips and such here in this guild.
smile

Here's a sample of a drawing I did of an outfit my avie wore:

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af228/Ayveke/Gaia Art/gaiaavie3.jpg  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:55 pm
I'm Shadow, and I'm a 15-year-old girl looking to improve my digital art. ^_^ I love to draw, and I've become obsessed with anatomy (canine and feline; will eventually incorporate horses, dragons, and other animals, and maybe humans along the line). I just joined this group, and I'm happy that it didn't take very long for my application to be accepted.

Here's my dA account: shadowpal.deviantart.com

I'm also a member of deviant-mentor on deviantART. smile I'm looking forward to exchanging tips and critiques with all of you!  

Shadowpal

5,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200

Nekochuni

5,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:08 am
Hello there [hola!] Im Nekochuni, 23 years old, student... who loves to draw and paint X) so much!
The link to my DA gallery is on my signature if you want to take a look.
I like traditional art [currently Im into watercolors], and I've tried to do digital, but I dont have a tablet and I want to keep my hand healthy XD lol

Well, hope to help and get some art help here ^^

ps: Hablo mejor español que inglés jaja Besos! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:29 am
Hey there! :3 I'm Holly, or Papery, or really whatever you want to call me biggrin
I'm fourteen, and mainly draw anime/manga, with a touch of a more realistic head size, proportions etc. I'm sort of trying to move my style into a more realistic field.
Well, we'll see how that goes xD.
I am a book NERD. I love books with a passion, and thus I'll probably be drawing characters from my most recent reads a lot. Or I'll just throw up some ideas and never draw them; that happens quite a bit. I love to write as well, and have a fanficiton.net account (fanfiction.net/~papery). Music is my life, and I'm not sure where I would be without something constantly blasting form my computer or into my ear. I plan on becoming a veterinarian, and then after pre-grad school moving on to be a vet tech in the army for three or four years :3 I LOVE to swim, and have been doing so since I was very young. I only joined a club about four years ago, and my first year on varsity was this year. I ski race (badly ^^; ) as well, and I love me some ice skating sometimes, too. I scuba dive (Which I highly recommend. It's one of THE most amazing things you will do in your life if you go to the right place. AKA the Caribbean.)
There's a lot more to know about me, but you can figure that out as we go biggrin

I've got a dA account at sunsetdeamon.deviantart.com

Oh, and roleplaying= heart in my book! I've got tons of unused characters waiting to be used, if anyone likes to RP OCs or otherwise :3  

Papery

Blue_Fire_Godess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:18 pm
username: NBkitty1
likes: computer games, playing outside, school vacation!, etc.
dislikes: violence, mean ppl, anything bad, etc. Eye doctor (i just had a appointment!) burning_eyes
notes: I'm very energetic
(aka crazy!)
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:23 pm
Hello, Im SomeArtist1 ... or Madi, I could care less. I have enjoyed art for as long as I can remember razz . I am in orchestra again. This is my second year playing violin. Can't wait to make some new friends on here! (if you want to check out some of my art work, you can veiw it here ----> http://ratemydrawings.com/user/freeformdrawer16)
- Madi  

SomeArtist1

Sauru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:36 pm
Hey, I'm Sauru, and I've drawn seriously only for a few months, but have been drawing as a pastime since fourth grade. I never thought I'd be able to draw a millionth as well as I do now back then since I just saw drawing as drawing.
Now I'm more determined to become better so I can get into art school and make comics since people enjoy reading the things I make. I love to sew and cosplay as well, plus I'm a gigantic geek and a bit of a nerd. I'm completely self-taught at art, but I plan on taking classes to help me make my work better and that is also why I have joined this guild.
I'm actually very friendly and love meeting new people! I'm glad to be a part of this guild now and hope to be helped and help out!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:33 pm
Hello my name is Katarina. I really love to design and draw,I go to a Graphic Designer and Editor highschool. Willing to learn how to play bass guitar.
My life dream is to become a better artist and to get a bass guitar.

Here is my latest art piece. [CLICKIE]  

Seracilia

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Elylbroong

Savage Gatekeeper

8,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:53 pm
Hello! I'm tarandomrainbowbubbles (feel free to shorten that any way you want)
and I'm currently 15 (soon to be fifteen) I love trying to draw about anything but I'll never post my failed attempts in my deviantart or photobucket or anything.
link to my deviantart gallery is in me sig  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:14 pm
Hi! I'm Shayirra. I just joined the guild not to long ago. I'm sixteen years old, and looking to prove on my art skills and more then happy to help people out with some tips 4laugh
I'm looking forward to meeting new people and making friends 3nodding  

Shayirra

Tulir

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:54 pm
Let me start,i am from brazil, i work with software coding(/c#/c++/asm),and have just bought my first tablet(a wacom),and now im starting again to draw..since my last time drawing was in scholl(and that was kinda 20 years ago)..im kinda noob on it..so yeah looking for a mentor.  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games