Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

- Acursio -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:41 pm

Eh, well my understanding of Celtic Wicca is it was based loosely on elements of Celtic mythology and incorporated pagan traditions. But hey, I'm here to learn more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:46 pm
Mistress Mania

Eh, well my understanding of Celtic Wicca is it was based loosely on elements of Celtic mythology and incorporated pagan traditions. But hey, I'm here to learn more.

May I ask what books you've read on Celt mythology? That might help me understand more where you're coming from and what ideas you are working with.

Which Pagan traditions?  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

- Acursio -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:54 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff

May I ask what books you've read on Celt mythology? That might help me understand more where you're coming from and what ideas you are working with.

Which Pagan traditions?

That's just the thing dear. I haven't. I've been to Gatherings of witches here in Tampa and the information I have comes from word of mouth and a very old book I have been given. I am currently on the waiting list to enrolled in a 'school' here that teach the craft. So by the next year I hope to be initiated into the coven. So like I said. I'm here to learn. c:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:58 pm
Mistress Mania
Violet Song jat Shariff

Which Pagan traditions?

That's just the thing dear. I haven't. I've been to Gatherings of witches here in Tampa and the information I have comes from word of mouth and a very old book I have been given. I am currently on the waiting list to enrolled in a 'school' here that teach the craft. So by the next year I hope to be initiated into the coven. So like I said. I'm here to learn. c:

Please, no pet names. No "dear" "honey" or any of that. It makes me uncomfortable that someone I don't know wants to force that level of familiarity. And to be safe, you should probably keep that in mind when dealing with most of the other folks in the guild ninja . A few of them may not be as nice in expressing their discomfort.

Does this very old book have a title or author? Surely it didn't write and publish itself wink .

To clarify further, are we talking about witches and witchcraft, or Wicca and Wiccans? The two are not really synonymous.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

whiteZinfidel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:46 am
hey thanks for having me, ive considered/called myself a pagan for a long time now. hopefully i can learn and enjoy this guild. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:55 am
Welcome smile  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Petticoat Antagonist

Hilarious Explorer

4,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:15 pm
Just here to drop off the requisite "Hai guise! I'm new!" post.

And now back to the lurking. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:25 pm
Mistress Mania
Violet Song jat Shariff

Which Pagan traditions?

I am a Gael.
I am an Irish Citizen.
I am a Sagart.
There is no such thing as Celtic Wicca.
That old book does not exist.

Scan it and provide pictures, the quality and type of paper will be accessible and we can easily determine its age.

I hate this "I have an old book but I can't show you because *insert lame excuse here*" bullshit and we see it every other month. Never once has any such evidence actually been produced and the claims from people who rely on it always show massive dissonance with recorded objectively researched history.

I am calling on you now, in accordance with the laws and traditions of the Gael, to provide the evidence. If you want to claim the title of Celt, then play by the rules.

Put up or shut up.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tandahda

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:16 am
Hey,

I'm twenty two, a university student and interested in many things. One of them is spirituality, however I don't know much about it and tend to come to realizations on my own which may or may not be true/viable.

I am Metis, and am just getting into some of the First Nations ways of Knowing that my University provides access to. We have a great First Nations studies program with elders in residence which is kind of not seen anywhere else in North America. I'm considering pursuing that as a career choice but really I'm just sitting in on classes for now.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:34 am
Hi there!
My name is Zoe, and i'm from Scotland.

I'm sort of new to Wicca, however when i was younger i used to do practicing of spells so am kind of familiar with the craft. Recently i have been doing a lot of research and a lot more practicing so am beginning to know more as time goes by.

I joined this guild to gain more knowledge and opinions of other people.

Haven't had much time on the net so this is the first time of me posting even though i've been a member for quite a wee while now hehe sweatdrop

Little Schnook

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Teh Bloody Princess

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:57 am
CuAnnan
Mistress Mania
Violet Song jat Shariff

Which Pagan traditions?

I am a Gael.
I am an Irish Citizen.
I am a Sagart.

Scan it and provide pictures, the quality and type of paper will be accessible and we can easily determine its age.

I hate this "I have an old book but I can't show you because *insert lame excuse here*" bullshit and we see it every other month. Never once has any such evidence actually been produced and the claims from people who rely on it always show massive dissonance with recorded objectively researched history.

I am calling on you now, in accordance with the laws and traditions of the Gael, to provide the evidence. If you want to claim the title of Celt, then play by the rules.

Put up or shut up.
Think for yourself man, don't do like they do...

Well someone's a jerk.

Play nice!

...It's a sick world, you just gotta stay true.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:16 pm
Teh Bloody Princess
CuAnnan

I am a Gael.
I am an Irish Citizen.
I am a Sagart.

Put up or shut up.

Well someone's a jerk.

Play nice!

Okay, there is a difference between having rigorous standards in order to verify information, and being a jerk. Cu was asking for source material. this happens a lot here. That is playing nice.

Another thing that happens a lot here is being aware of cultural appropriation. If someone strolls in claiming the title of Druid, they are going to be told in precise terms why that is wrong and offensive.

If you have an issue with the way discussions are run in this guild, I suggest you talk to Nuri or one of the Crew, but please do not resort to name-calling. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being ignorant of a fact, but there's no need to have a hostile tone if someone tells you something you don't like hearing.  

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:26 pm
Welcome to the guild, Seraphsody and Little Schnook.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:00 pm
hi, my name is woodflower, well that is my pagan name, Ummm... ive been studying wiccan for about 1 and half years, and am very much in love with it, i would, call myself an eclectic and solitary witch.... this is the first time, ive actually told ppl im wiccan so merry meet and blessed be  

buttonz is The Best

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:14 pm
buttonz is The Best
hi, my name is woodflower, well that is my pagan name, Ummm... ive been studying wiccan for about 1 and half years, and am very much in love with it, i would, call myself an eclectic and solitary witch.... this is the first time, ive actually told ppl im wiccan so merry meet and blessed be

Wait, in the "Worst Things" thread you said you've been practicing Wicca for 4 years. How can you be practicing something for 4 years while only having actually studied it for 1.5 years?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games