Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:39 am
Freaking Racists!!!!! MY husband is one of 2 white guys in the facility he works at. There is a group of people who work with him who treat him like dirt and keep playing nasty little tricks on him. They've called him a racist when he's called them on it. He's thing of quitting a job he loves just to get away from these people. You would think that having been victems of racism you wouldn't reciprotcate. Just cause he gets his work done quickly and done well is no reason to treat him like dirt and try to get him fired. The facility was testing the fire alarms today. There were signs up in all the elevators and stairwells. While the alarm was going off his freaking Team Leader, the guy in charge when the manager isn't there came all the way back to my husbands room and told him that it had changed from a test to a real alarm. I had just seen this same Team Leader in the hall and told them that it was still just a test. Info I had just gotten from the SECURITY GAURDS!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:56 pm
I made the mistake of looking at the medical bills again. At least we finally met this years deductible. Now we only will only have the co-pay and the educators to worry about.

I'm so tired of this. I thought I got a better job (and I did) but it's still not enough. I try to stay positive. My credit card rate is low, we pay all of our bills on time, we don't do a lot of frivolous things.

I'm just tired of it. Really, honestly, tired.

At least davits brother is paying for his math class. That helps a lot.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:37 pm
Unfortunately, suffering injustice does not assure that someone will not visit those same evils on others. An Evil person will continue to do evil, regardless of whether they have suffered from it personally or not.
Just as a righteous person shall do good, regardless of whether they benefit from it or not.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:50 pm
maenad nuri
I made the mistake of looking at the medical bills again. At least we finally met this years deductible. Now we only will only have the co-pay and the educators to worry about.

I'm so tired of this. I thought I got a better job (and I did) but it's still not enough. I try to stay positive. My credit card rate is low, we pay all of our bills on time, we don't do a lot of frivolous things.

I'm just tired of it. Really, honestly, tired.

At least davits brother is paying for his math class. That helps a lot.

I know how you feel. heart It seems no matter what I do, or how hard I've worked, it's never enough. It sucks! gonk  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 pm
Fiddlers Green
Unfortunately, suffering injustice does not assure that someone will not visit those same evils on others. An Evil person will continue to do evil, regardless of whether they have suffered from it personally or not.
Just as a righteous person shall do good, regardless of whether they benefit from it or not.
True that.

Besides, racism isn't so much about "meanness" and not, as much as it's about deep seeded attitudes surrounding empathy.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:00 am
It just really got to me yesterday. I got my husband this job. I had no idea that this group was like that. I never had contact with them in doing my job there. My husband told me that he's starting to see how people can be racist, just because of how this group is treating him and how management is not handling it.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Ashley the Bee

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:51 am
I'm really starting to believe that the people who talk the most about YHWH, know the least about him. Or, at least I hope that's the case.

I seriously don't understand how this idea of omniscience, omnipotence and omnibenevolence came about, or how it could possibly fit with free will. As Lucky wrote, if he is omniscience, and has perfect knowledge of the future, then choices would be predetermined (since he would have determined the outcome previous to them happening), which seems completely contradictory to free will.

So either there isn't a such thing as free will, which certainly seems like it would be a rather undermining idea, or YHWH does not have perfect foreknowledge of future events.

Blah blah blah... rant rant rant... Sorry ._.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:25 am
Ashley the Bee

I seriously don't understand how this idea of omniscience, omnipotence and omnibenevolence came about,
All knowing: 1John 3:20, all powerful: Matt 28:18 and Rev 19:6 and all loving: 1John 4:8.
Quote:

or how it could possibly fit with free will.
Ability doesn't equal application. I have the ability to kick my husband in the nuts. Doesn't mean I do.

Quote:
As Lucky wrote, if he is omniscience, and has perfect knowledge of the future, then choices would be predetermined (since he would have determined the outcome previous to them happening), which seems completely contradictory to free will.
Does the fact that I know the sun will rise in the east tomorrow mean I am causing it?  

TeaDidikai

Ashley the Bee

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:25 am
TeaDidikai
Ashley the Bee

I seriously don't understand how this idea of omniscience, omnipotence and omnibenevolence came about,
All knowing: 1John 3:20, all powerful: Matt 28:18 and Rev 19:6 and all loving: 1John 4:8.

o.o Thank you!

TeaDidikai
Quote:
As Lucky wrote, if he is omniscience, and has perfect knowledge of the future, then choices would be predetermined (since he would have determined the outcome previous to them happening), which seems completely contradictory to free will.
Does the fact that I know the sun will rise in the east tomorrow mean I am causing it?

I suppose my only response might be, it is only incredibly likely that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow.

Besides that, there's not really a choice in the matter? It only rises in the east because of the motion of the planet, and the amount of energy required to change that would be ... impressive o.o

It seems somehow different than me choosing to eat or not eat ice cream though.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:18 pm
Ashley the Bee

I suppose my only response might be, it is only incredibly likely that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow.
And yet, I know it will.

Quote:
Besides that, there's not really a choice in the matter? It only rises in the east because of the motion of the planet, and the amount of energy required to change that would be ... impressive o.o

It seems somehow different than me choosing to eat or not eat ice cream though.
None of which really matters in context. The question is does the ability to know and have power over X mean you are exerting that power via your knowledge?

And you're welcome.  

TeaDidikai

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:40 am
I'm standing on a Precipice right now. I've been debating for a month now. Do I want to jump. To at least have the exhilarating experience of falling before annihilation.

I really don't want to be an "An hero"...but all roads lead to a burning rome.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:02 am
Ethermus Prime
I'm standing on a Precipice right now. I've been debating for a month now. Do I want to jump. To at least have the exhilarating experience of falling before annihilation.

I really don't want to be an "An hero"...but all roads lead to a burning rome.

Why follow the roads? Burn your own path through the jungle and go where you will.

There is no law that states you must tread the beaten path. Discover new untold treasures and say a giant "******** you" to Rome.  

Recursive Paradox

Collowrath

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:22 am
Мора да купим за мој ауто 1) моторно уље 2) заптиваче. Ухххх... славите Господа >.<

Мржња на мој ауто. I hate my car.

O giver of good things, Messenger of the Blessed, show your great mercy upon me.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:14 pm
b***h 1:
If you are going to give me a list of tasks, make messes for me to clean up and then b***h at me for not getting everything done when you didn't do your part, you can ******** off.

a*****e 1:
If you say you're sorry for something, and there was something you could have done differently, then you b***h about it not being your fault and you having no control over it, you're apology was either insincere, in which case you just said it to shut me up, or you're unwilling to take personal responsibility. And no- I am not throwing another team mate under the bus to cover for your mistake.

b***h 2:
Agreeing with b***h 1 doesn't help your case with anyone.

PS. Our Boss likes me better than he likes you.  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:11 am
Beaten paths are for beaten men.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games