Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:35 pm
Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?

I've been in the guild since three weeks prior to the beginning of the latest Spring Term.

2. How many posts have you made?

I have made 135 posts since joining.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?

Yes I was in two classes this past term and did all my assignments perfectly and got Extra Credit points as well.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.

I would like to either teach Defense Against the Dark Arts or Muggle Studies permanently.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):

Professor Yami is my professor's name and my username is Yami Enzeru88.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:

I would like to teach others things that they may not know and things that I may not know as well. We can all learn from each other.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)

If I were to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts I would scroll through the Harry Potter books to find all the spells that could be used against an attacking dark wizard and explain it fully in detail. Then they would have multiple choice and fill in the blanks. Maybe teach about the Patronus Charm and have them take a fun quiz to see what shape theirs would take.

If I were teaching Muggle Studies I would take my favorite moments in Muggle History and teach the students about it. No one term will be exactly the same.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)

Aunt Slappy. She was my Care of Magical Creatures and Astronomy professor and knows that I'm always online and active. We are friends and I was talking with her before about being a Teacher.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:

This is a trick question for me because I haven't been here that long but all the teachers that I know here are the same as me and have the same as me. I'm pretty sure that all teachers have extensive knowledge of the Harry Potter world and they just want to have fun and teach what they know and research to others. They all are caring and understanding like me, but if I did have to pic one thing I'd say that I would be more involved with the students in the classroom discussions by taking part in debates and just asking them questions or having them asking me questions in general. Also if the students want to learn something I'd be all open ears.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?

Yes I would.

11.Anything else you would like to add:

My Patronus is a Panther.

What's your Patronus?
Your Result: Your Patronus is a Panther!
You are strong enough to have few enemies and fearless enough to make those few enemies you have meet untimely ends. Of course, you're never caught. You are the bringer of silent justice.
Result Breakdown:
81% Your Patronus is a Panther!
78% Your Patronus is a Hedgehog!
74% Your Patrnous is a Wolf!
69% Your Patronus is a Hawk!
63% Your Patronus is a Dolphin!
53% Your Patronus is a Fox!
51% Your Patronus is a Badger
42% Your Patronus is an Iguana!
Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:42 am
waiting for permission to open my class and set it up  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:52 pm
tech and Yami are both accepted. Yami for Defense Against the Dark Arts and tech for your usual Charms.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:52 pm
please dont delete my old classroom yet ima use it to help make my new one on either monday or tuesday  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 am
ok my old class room can be delted now i finished working on my new one  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:38 am
We will delete all duplicate subjects when classes officially begin.

IceeWitch

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:51 am
I almost completely forgot!
sweatdrop

(@Avatar & Stardust- Thank you so much for reminding me, school just started, so I got side-tracked)

ope axime agrid's
Hogwarts Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
Well, I've been here since it became an official Gaia guild. However, this account has not. I made it as a mule. Then, when my main account got hacked, I began using this one.

2. How many posts have you made?
I assume you mean within the guild. As KTweirdchick, I've made 3,733 posts. As Hope Maxime Hagrid, I've made 319 posts. And it appears that the HogwartsMonthlyRep got kicked out of the guild, so I have no idea how many guild posts I made as her. But I only used her for Hogwarts Monthly purposes, so I assume her count can't be much higher than the number of posts it took to post the 7 or so issues that I put out while I was editor.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
A long time ago. I took several classes. I don't remember all of them, but I do know that astrology with Alutain was my personal favorite. I always did my best to go above and beyond with homework.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
My first choice would be Care of Magical Creatures. If someone else has their heart set on it, however, I'd be happy to take Divination. I've taught both of them in the past, and if we are struggling for more teachers, I'd be fine with teaching both.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
They are one and the same: Hope Maxime Hagrid. wink

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts?
Well, it's entertaining. Also, I have all the knowledge and books at my disposal anyway. But mostly because, honestly, if I didn't use my nerdly powers for something, I'm fairly certain they'd be be turned toward uses for unspeakable evil. twisted

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
Well, for CoMC, I'd pick a creature, or group of creatures (if they relate to each other), give the students some good information on them (both from the world of Harry Potter and from mythology around the world), and then ask a series of questions about what I said (usually about 5) as homework.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
Oh, yea, refrences. This was even my idea and I didn't think to get any. Well, my sister, vivacious_red, will most likely vouch for me. Plus there's also the fact that I'm a founding member of the guild, was given ownership of the guild by o0Pinkie0o, herself, came up with the idea for Adonis when I began being less active(so the guild could go on and I could give the guild back to the members), and basically, though indirectly, gave every crew member in this guild their job. whee

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
A bookshelf packed with mythology books(especially mythological creatures), as well as a few books pertaining to magic (such as Tarot, numerology, etc.). Plus an extensive knowledge on the guild's background never hurts.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
Sure, why not?

11. Anything else you would like to add?
I never got the chance to work on my CoMC classes, like I mentioned before. But I still have all my old lessons, so I suppose I can just re-vamp them as I go.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:42 pm

hey should i start signups for my class now and then not start a lesson till the 19th and just rp in the train station?

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:58 pm
(Just in case)
*Waiting for an "ok" for CoMC and a possible "could you?" for Divination*
ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:57 am
James: You should have enough time for Sign Ups right before the Express arrives.

Hope: Approved for CoMC and Divination. Just be sure you can keep up the class and have at least three lessons for each class.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:45 pm
Just be sure you can keep up the class and have at least three lessons for each class.

Well, like I said before, I already have my lessons saved from when I taught the classes before. Do you mean that I should have 3 lessons for each year's students (or at least the 3rd-7th-years), or do you mean 3 lessons in general? I think I might be able to do one set for each year eventually. But if I do, I was wondering if I could allow students to do lessons from years below them (if they didn't or couldn't attend the class at the time) for partial points (as extra credit).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:22 pm
Hope Maxime Hagrid
Just be sure you can keep up the class and have at least three lessons for each class.

Well, like I said before, I already have my lessons saved from when I taught the classes before. Do you mean that I should have 3 lessons for each year's students (or at least the 3rd-7th-years), or do you mean 3 lessons in general? I think I might be able to do one set for each year eventually. But if I do, I was wondering if I could allow students to do lessons from years below them (if they didn't or couldn't attend the class at the time) for partial points (as extra credit).

No, I mean 3 in general for each class, not per year. And you can do your points however you like. Just make sure you that classwork/ assignments are worth 10 points and any extra credit is 5 points.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:42 pm
No, I mean 3 in general for each class, not per year. And you can do your points however you like. Just make sure you that classwork/ assignments are worth 10 points and any extra credit is 5 points.

Ok then
3nodding

I was also wondering if the color of my text within the classroom still needs to be Hufflepuff-ish or if I can branch out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:10 pm
Hope Maxime Hagrid

Ok then
3nodding

I was also wondering if the color of my text within the classroom still needs to be Hufflepuff-ish or if I can branch out.

Nope, in your classroom YOU can post in any color you like. However the students have to post in their usual colors.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:06 pm
Could I have a break-down on how points should work these days? I know 10 points per assignment, 5 for extra credit, but I'm going to do a final for the last week of class. I was hoping I could make that worth more points, say 20? Plus it would be nice just to have a general guideline for future reference... sweatdrop  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff