Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:02 am
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
After looking at myself for a few minutes (when I say myself I mean my heart) I've come to realize that I could never shake my Catholic beliefs because deep down no matter what I labeled myself I was still a Catholic. I still believed in Christ as a savior. I just never acknowledged it because I was too ashamed of it.

Funny how things hit me in the head when people mention things to me. xD

That's basically what I meant when, in the thread about the possibility of losing one's salvation, I said that if you were sincere when you asked for salvation, then you always have it, even if you wander away for a while- God generally drags people back. He did pay for you with His blood after all. 3nodding

@viper: Priestley's from London. I've been to Canada. sweatdrop

EDIT Also, since I know my crew are all in here, can you all kindly head over to the crew subforum- I'm trying to get some input on something. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:24 am
Aah, well nice to know I'm not completely alone in my foreigness! razz  

viper_353

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:28 am
We have people here Australia, the UK, Puerto Rico, I wanna say the Philippines as well, and some other places too. Whether or not they're active is another story altogether. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:36 am
Ah really? All in this guild? Wow. So is there ever anyone getting confused on here? Like I've heard u guys in the US don't say chesterfield--that kind of thing? razz  

viper_353

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:06 pm
There really needs to be a rant thread or something. ninja

Anyways I'm getting sick and tired of people saying that Neo-Wicca is not Wicca. It's like saying that Protestants aren't Christians or that Catholics aren't Christians. It's a bloody No True Scotsman fallacy.

And some random person called my number mistaking me for someone else.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:46 pm
@Viper: Mm, no one gets confused so far as I can tell, and if they do, it has nothing to do with cultural differences. And ... what do you mean, we don't say "chesterfield"? Like ... on a daily basis, just calling it out? confused

@TMM: You can use this thread as a rant thread. 8D It is the chatterbox after all. As far as what I understand about Wicca though, most Wicca today isn't really Wicca (and I don't know where Neo-Wicca falls in its practices really). Mostly it's teenage girls running around claiming to be witches and saying they believe in the existence of a god and goddess and not really understanding what that means. Most don't even have a coven.

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:57 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
@Viper: Mm, no one gets confused so far as I can tell, and if they do, it has nothing to do with cultural differences. And ... what do you mean, we don't say "chesterfield"? Like ... on a daily basis, just calling it out? confused

@TMM: You can use this thread as a rant thread. 8D It is the chatterbox after all. As far as what I understand about Wicca though, most Wicca today isn't really Wicca (and I don't know where Neo-Wicca falls in its practices really). Mostly it's teenage girls running around claiming to be witches and saying they believe in the existence of a god and goddess and not really understanding what that means. Most don't even have a coven.
That is basically Neo-Wicca but many of those teenagers grow into adults and believe in it. It's more or less like the Protestant Reformation the more I think about it.

And call me Rai. :O  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:23 pm
Really? I was down there and said it and the person didn't know what I was talking about! She also thought porridge was an old 1800's term, so maybe she just needs to brush up on her American speech!  

viper_353

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:15 pm
@Rai: Well, if they grow into it, then it's no longer Neo-Wicca; it's regular Wicca. 3nodding At least, that's how I see it.

@viper: Well, I don't have any idea what you're talking about. sweatdrop I don't know what you mean by chesterfield.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:22 pm
Fushi-sama-That's right. I actually talked to a friend who has a child of her own and she said that Wicca isn't what people in M&R say...

-shrugs-

meh. All I know is that I'm tired. I might go to bed.  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:09 am
Good night. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:28 am
Would Chesterfield be a very large gathering of perverts and child molestors cos that's what me and my friends call grown men that prey on younger womens. Chesters.  

ferret658

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:15 pm
So yesterday our A/C died again. I think it's working somewhat.

And from some of my posts in a few guilds I'm starting to sound like a devout Christian which is kinda scary...o.o  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:35 pm
SO WHATS HAPPENING IN HERE GUYS  

Priestley

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:46 pm
Priestley
SO WHATS HAPPENING IN HERE GUYS
Nothing. I've been staring at my phone all day. -.-  

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games