Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:33 pm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:57 pm

TheDisreputableDog
http://www.bmeink.com/A50914/high/bmegl133526.jpg
What on earth were they trying to spell?

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:14 pm

TeaDidikai
TheDisreputableDog
What on earth were they trying to spell?
I have no idea. It isn't anymore clear if you guess they were trying to use Cirth instead of Elder Futhark.

On the same site there are a bunch of people with really bizarre hieroglyphs as well. One guy's back says "Almeeghty" (almighty?), another guy's arm says "Anederau" (Andrew?), and a girl's back says "Kateheereenee" (Katherine?).

But those are far more guessable than this nonsense. Maybe they were just supposed to look "cool." Can you screw yourself over by inscribing some "arcane" characters into your skin without intent?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:06 pm

TheDisreputableDog
But those are far more guessable than this nonsense. Maybe they were just supposed to look "cool." Can you screw yourself over by inscribing some "arcane" characters into your skin without intent?
Considering Reagun's warnings against using Ogham as a pretty font to write your name in, I'd say yes.

Henry Dorsett Case

patch99329

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:27 am

This guy annoys the hell out of me.
He has literaly added most of the prominent members of this community and regularly spreads mis-information in the form of his daily essays.
And people take it in x_x
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:26 am

Henry Dorsett Case
TheDisreputableDog
Considering Reagun's warnings against using Ogham as a pretty font to write your name in, I'd say yes.

That's why I'm always kind of irked with I see people had Thurisaz tattooed onto their wrists, to show that they're fans of the Halloween series. confused Do they realize what "the thorn" actually is, and what it means?

queertastrophy

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:33 am

TheDisreputableDog

Besides the fact that I'm not a fan of "tramp stamps," I cannot fathom 1. Why someone would have runes tattooed on them around an ankh--doesn't really compute with me--and 2. What in the holiest of ******** the runes are spelling out. I was lost at "M G." gonk
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:03 am

patch99329
He has literaly added most of the prominent members of this community and regularly spreads mis-information in the form of his daily essays.
I noticed your contest. Cute Hun.

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:29 am

TeaDidikai
patch99329
I noticed your contest. Cute Hun.

Hehe yeah, even when disagreeing completely with someone, I try to put it as politely as I can. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:20 am

patch99329

Hehe yeah, even when disagreeing completely with someone, I try to put it as politely as I can. sweatdrop
Better for your blood pressure anyway.

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:47 am

BlueRoseTorn
TheDisreputableDog

Besides the fact that I'm not a fan of "tramp stamps," I cannot fathom 1. Why someone would have runes tattooed on them around an ankh--doesn't really compute with me--and 2. What in the holiest of ******** the runes are spelling out. I was lost at "M G." gonk
I know. With the "tribal" flourishes as a finishing *barf* touch. I get "MGLPNZ PTLHRIS" for the runes. Any of three Cirth readings give you nonsense as well, although I doubt it was intended to be Cirth as the last rune doesn't have a Cirth equivalent.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:00 pm

TheDisreputableDog
BlueRoseTorn
TheDisreputableDog

I know. With the "tribal" flourishes as a finishing *barf* touch. I get "MGLPNZ PTLHRIS" for the runes. Any of three Cirth readings give you nonsense as well, although I doubt it was intended to be Cirth as the last rune doesn't have a Cirth equivalent.
I keep hoping it will turn out to be the same as the Kanji disaster I heard about a few years ago.

I think the gal was trying to say something akin to "The Water of Life" and ended up with a tat saying something closer to "Heathly Cow Milk". rofl

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:31 pm

TeaDidikai
I keep hoping it will turn out to be the same as the Kanji disaster I heard about a few years ago.

I think the gal was trying to say something akin to "The Water of Life" and ended up with a tat saying something closer to "Heathly Cow Milk". rofl

Lmfao xD.

--
This whole thing reminds me of a guy my dad knew who had a tattoo on his arm which apparantly said 'serene' in japanese.
He was in a japanese restaurant and they were laughing at him. Turns out it translates into something more like 'mentally retarted' confused . Unlucky rofl
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:35 pm

patch99329
TeaDidikai

Lmfao xD.

--
This whole thing reminds me of a guy my dad knew who had a tattoo on his arm which apparantly said 'serene' in japanese.
He was in a japanese restaurant and they were laughing at him. Turns out it translates into something more like 'mentally retarted' confused . Unlucky rofl
Yeah- these are perfect examples of "Do your research before your inked!" tales.

I know dozens of them.

I'm still floored by the gal who got a Thors Hammer back piece done- and she isn't any kind of Norse recon.

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:47 pm

TeaDidikai
patch99329
TeaDidikai

Lmfao xD.

--
Yeah- these are perfect examples of "Do your research before your inked!" tales.

I know dozens of them.

I'm still floored by the gal who got a Thors Hammer back piece done- and she isn't any kind of Norse recon.

Maybe she...um...thought it was just a pretty hammer? ninja
Or perhaps I'm just grasping at straws to try and justify the action xd
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games