Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Capt. Ark Newland

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:52 pm
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, i'm Ark nice to meet yall. I've been playing Warhammer 40k for bout 2 years now i'm not the greatest player, however i play just for fun so it doesn't matter. My heart will always go to the Space Marines, "FOR THE EMPEROR!" cause they are just that amazing. Also if anyone interested i'm selling alot of skaven rats and the book. I play Dawn of War 2 if anyone would like to add me its Darksun87, my tabletop army is an army i made called "The Emperor's Martyrs" and i'm easily excited.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:27 pm
Hey everyone, I'm Lex. I have made, played and sold many armies in the 4 years I've been an active Warhammer enthusiast but I've always had a soft spot for the game just not the means to play or collect. For the last year my babies been Dark angels. It's the only army I haven't gotten burnt out on or still enjoy playing over and over.

I have both Ravenwing and Deathwing but haven't bothered making the other company yet. May get around to it one day but, come on why have tac squads when I could have bikes or terminators?

I have Dawn of War:II but haven't played it a whole lot. I'de rather play it on a table-top than my computer.

I see many people side note they enjoy roleplaying-I do too though I'm not sure I'd be interested in a Warhammer roleplay sounds like an arguement waiting to happen. sweatdrop

-"A Deathwatch marine would never say that!"  

SomethingEsoteric

Anxious Loiterer

Sanguine-Spear

4,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:16 pm
Hey I'm Spear, i've been playing for a good 10 years now (give-or-take) and I played mostly Dark Elves of fantasy and I've built up around 4000 points of an army. I've now begun planning a 40K army hoping to build it up for Throne of Skulls at the end of the year.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:02 pm
I am Karl leading builder in the templar archives and commanding officer in my army
I have seen the rise and fall of many chapters in my time....fought many great battles and have secured total victory...my words of wisdom?

Beware of the mutant...the freak....the heretic  

The Veteran crusader

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:02 pm
WAAAAAAAAAAGH!

I think that's a fairly good way to start. While I haven't played the miniature game, due to monetary constraints and all, I have played the 40K TTRPG games. Unfortunately, I keep getting stuck in cleric, arbite, or guard type roles, except for Death Watch, then I play a Space Scot (Storm Wardens) Apothecary, which has been fun.

And while Orks are definitely my favored faction, if only because I'm a comedy lover, I am and shall always be,

FOR THE EMPEROR!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:55 am
I'm Sean. I play Warhammer 40,000 table-top, Dawn of War and associated expansions, Dawn of War 2 and associated expansions, and Command Squad on DS. I am a big fan of 40K fluff as some would call it. I have read all of the Horus Heresy series to Age of Darkness, which I am currently reading. I have also read the Eisenhorn and Ravenor trilogies, The Gaunt's Ghosts series, the Ultramarines series, Blood Angels, Salamanders, Soul Drinkers, Ciaphas Cain series, Soul Hunter, the Dawn of War 1& 2 books, and the Space Wolves series. I currently have a Space Marine army of over 4,500 points. I like to make custom conversions, I currently have two custom Ork battle wagons. I'm also converting a WWII tank and half-track models into Ork vehicles. I am also building an Imperial Guard Ragnarok tank.  

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

OmanisNocturnes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:31 pm
Name: Daniel (Shadow)
Army: BLOOD ANGELS!!!
Fan/Playing: Since 1998

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:28 pm
"The greatest difference between Gods and Daemons largely depends on where one stands at the time."
-Lorgar, Primarch of the Word Bearers

Name: 'Raz'
Army: The Word Bears Chaos Marines

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

Keep Calm I am The Doctor

6,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:21 pm
Hey guys. I'm WP Daemon Sadi but my irl friends call me Commissar. I just moved so most of my army is boxed so I'll show you a small snip of them. Sorry sweatdrop
These are my favourites.

User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:56 am
Well, apparently I missed this the first time, so here I go, Introduction Mk. II:

Hello to all of you. I recently joined this guild (just today in fact) and thought I'd introduce myself.

My name's Jason and I'm an avid gamer of just about any kind of game, but wargaming has always been my favorite. I first was introduced to GW games through Space Hulk, and then got into 40k in high school. I played mostly 2nd edition, and moved onto historical wargaming once 3rd came out. I also started into Warhammer Fantasy with 5th edition, but didn't really get many games in until 6th due to a lack of players. I quit Fantasy about halfway through 7th Edition, though I still have a large number of my Night Goblins in a box somewhere. My favorite GW game of all time is probably Epic. I like the newest edition best, but will happily play all of them I've got large forces for Space marines and Orks, with smaller armies for Eldar, Imperial Guard, and Chaos. I also own three armies for Warmaster (Chaos, High Elves, and Tomb Kings).

Since there arn't too many miniatures players around here outside of ultra-competitive 40k, my combat themed gaming these days is made up of Battletech, Leviathans (can't wait for the full game to release), Commands & Colors, Axis & Allies, Wings of War, and the odd game of Space Hulk.

And that may have been too long of an introduction.  

Puritan Witch Hunter

Fanatical Hunter

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:58 pm
I'm notmuch_23, and I play 40K, both Orks and Guard. Playing is nice, but I'm much more drawn to building, converting, and scratchbuilding behicles for both Orks AND Guard. I mean, I'm working on a sheet plastic Baneblade fer cryin' out loud!

Don't have many pictures yet, but my digital camera isn't that great anyways...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:46 am
Hi im Thoritforoth, I have been playing warhammer 40k for about 4 and a half years now. my armies I have so far are

> Necrontyr (about 58 figures)
> Sisters of Battle (witchhunter) (about 38 figures)
>Imperial Guards (about 14 figures - usually combines with sisters of battle)
> Dark Eldars (about 66 figures)

My main army is the Necrons but I am waiting for their new codex so are playing with Dark Eldars until the new codex. I like to customize my own figure for example I made my own Chronos parasite engine out of bits (uploads a picture later) and all my HQ's in the Dark Eldar army are home made.  

Thoritforoth

Dangerous Lunatic

4,425 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250

Nostrus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:04 am
Why hello there and thanks for the invite! I'm Nostrus, 20 years old and I've been interested in Warhammer for quite a while but only recently started playing, so I'm hoping to pick up on some basics, tips, etc. I play Orks and right now I've got the ones from AoBR, a trukk and a unit of grots. Obviously hoping to expand this in the near future.

Anyway, thanks again for the invite and I look forward to learning more and more about this wonderful hobby.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:33 am
Hey. I'm BornStellar, though you may also call me master or lord of time and space. Whichever you're most comfortable with. I am 19 closing fast on 20. I only recently acquired the assault on black reach starter box. I kept the space marines, my friend got the orks. After reading the space marine codes however I am kinda disappointed.

You see I purchased codex space marines. However what I received is matt ward's 'writing'. So it turned out to really be codex ultramarines with a handful of other chapters slapped in so gw doesn't fire matt's worthless hide. So I will keep the marines and play a custom chapter, all while building the funds to purchase a different army. Maybe Tau or Sisters of battle.

With matt ward creeping into the conversation, does anyone if some armies are still way out of date or did the game wrecker finally fox them?  

BornStellarMakesEternal

Familiar Hunter

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200

The Duke of Id

Interstellar Pirate

13,200 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:55 pm
Yo guys. I just joined today upon being invited. Don't really play the tabletop strategy games, but I'm fascinated by the Warhammer 40k setting and I love the RP tabletops like Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader. Role Playing is my thing, so if you want to make a forum RP based on a Warhammer 40k setting, give me a PM or something and I'll be sure to join.

See you around.  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces