Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Adalyna

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:54 pm

I know I have no right to complain given what Poe and some of the others are experiencing with their families... but my dad... I know he's trying. I know he says he loves me, and I know in his head he knows I'm the same person... but I wonder if in his heart I'm lost to him. I've never seen him this depressed. I've never seen him go without shaving, or smiling, or talking for so long... and it's painfully obvious he can't stand to so much as look at me. I make him sick, and I can see it in his face, and it's not like I can hold it against him since it's not like he's doing it on purpose...

Sorry for whining about my fambly, but it's really hard to enjoy my time with the rest of my family with him around. His words say "I love you" but his eyes say "You freak what have you done with my son..." I guess I needed to get it off my chest : I don't mean to undermine anyone elses problems.
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:39 pm

There, there. I think with family issues, even if it's small, it doesn't make any less important than what another person is experiencing with their family.

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:51 pm

Empathic resonance amongst family is a ******** b***h.
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:27 am

Fiddlers Green
Toasty Marshmallow
are there no such things as objective truth or objectively correct definitions anymore?!

Unfortunately, it seems in the modern world, prevailing opinion favours the subjective, the relative, and the solipsistic. Deontologic and objective points are considered primitive and tyrannical.
Welcome to my world
Welcome to anachronistic brutality that atavisticly claims one person can be right, and another person can be wrong, regardless of background and perspective.
The majority, who now decide truth it seems, have ruled us incorrect.[/bitter sarcasm] rolleyes

Everyone wants to live in Mage: The Ascension it seems. They forget that this viewpoint can be turned on them when its used to justify things that they think are abhorrent and horrible. Like rape, abuse, imprisonment, kidnapping or stepping on their own culture.

Ten million blind lemmings running off a cliff so sure in their comfortable views that they have safeguarded their opinions from uncomfortable criticism. When they fall, they will only have themselves to blame for the terrors they will experience.

They will call out for our help, with our objective logic and reason.

But we'll just turn and walk away.

*barely resisted making a watchmen reference there... o_o*

Recursive Paradox

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:35 am

Asahi Sara
I know I have no right to complain given what Poe and some of the others are experiencing with their families...

Do not apologize for what you are going through. You are in no way denied the right to complain about something that hurts you or to feel hurt about it just because of what others are going through.

Vent. Get the sympathy and help you need. I won't accept someone else making themselves suffer out of some misguided view that they degrade my situation by being in pain themselves.

*big huuugs*

To be honest I think it would be worse for me to watch my dad decay like that. You just gotta keep on trying. Maybe suggest he get counseling so he has someone to talk to that isn't in the thick of things?
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:32 pm

My sister invited our Uncle Gary to her high school graduation. Now, that's cool, he's my favourite uncle and American godfather. (My granddad [British godfather] can't make it, unfortunately.)

Problem? She also invited our paternal grandmother, Mama.

Now, this wouldn't be too big a problem if Papa were still alive, because he was the sweetest, kindest old man ever, and always kept her in check. But he died several years ago. Which means that it'll just be Mama. Mama, a cruel, nasty, racist, misogynistic, homophobic, bitter old woman who hates everyone who's not a straight white Southern Baptist like her. Mama, who refuses to acknowledge my big brother as family because he's not my dad's son. Mama, who hates my mother, and by extension, my siblings and me, because she's not the woman Mama hand-picked to be my dad's wife, and therefore, we're not worthy grandchildren. Mama, who really, REALLY hates that my parents have been married twenty-two years in November, when her sons who married her hand-picked brides are both divorced.

And my sister invited this woman into my family's home, without telling anyone until it was too late to rescind the invitation, because she hopes to get a big fat graduation present, like her "legitimate" grandchildren got.

We ******** hate this woman, and she's going to be in our HOME for the entire weekend.

I really want to go with what my dad wants to do: as soon as she gets off the plane, he wants to say, "Hi Mom, guess what? Katie's a lesbian, Janice (my sister) has an IUD and is marrying a Catholic, Beckie's best friends with a Jew, and Gary's dating a black Catholic. What's new with you?" Just because that would make her turn around and go straight back to North Carolina, if it didn't make her die of a heart attack on the spot.

I have to figure out a way to get out of the house as much as possible this weekend. stare

Calixti

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:41 am

Me missing university is starting to crack and show through. How? I got really annoyed at my father today. It's because I'm starting to get sick of the same three people (my mom, dad, and grandma) every single day at every single moment and my parents telling what's right, what's wrong, and telling me my habits are not normal or "womanly". rolleyes

So I snapped at my dad this morning and now he's being emo. When I get snappy though, I always have this horrible feeling of remorse immediately afterward. It's just I have no patience with my father, especially since he knows which buttons to press to annoy and make us angry, with me, it's my hair. Like today, he was being stupid and said the way I treat and do my hair is like a woman (because I actually like to make my hair look good) and he kept bothering. And then he tries to act all innocent, but he knows that it's usually his fault.
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:08 pm

Recursive Paradox
Asahi Sara
I know I have no right to complain given what Poe and some of the others are experiencing with their families...

Do not apologize for what you are going through. You are in no way denied the right to complain about something that hurts you or to feel hurt about it just because of what others are going through.

Vent. Get the sympathy and help you need. I won't accept someone else making themselves suffer out of some misguided view that they degrade my situation by being in pain themselves.

*big huuugs*

To be honest I think it would be worse for me to watch my dad decay like that. You just gotta keep on trying. Maybe suggest he get counseling so he has someone to talk to that isn't in the thick of things?

*hugs* thanks poe smile I don't know if that suggestion will work though because we've both had terrible experiences with therapy in the past, namely when I first came out. I'll see if I can't get him to find SOMEONE to talk to though, even if its not me or mom.

Adalyna

ottery

Wealthy Sage

10,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:09 pm

I can't seem to get a job, and it's making me feel like I'm worthless. My parents aren't exactly helping. I can't even get a part time job at burger king because I can't work weekends. The reason? I'm going to culinary school. I thought that would give me a boost against the other candidates, but so far it's proven to be cumbersome. The PIC (person in charge) did interview me anyways, and I'm crossing all my extremities in hopes that I do get that job. I might also try to help things along with a spell, but it's been aaaaages since I've done one...

I'm also oddly sad about my kitten. She is a stray, and since our apartment doesn't allow cats, I can't keep her inside. I do feed and water her daily, but I think she may need to be dewormed and spayed. When I get a job, I'll get her spayed, because it's the least I can do for her. I don't want any more kittens wandering around as strays. I may get her microchipped, so when I get my own place that allows pets, I can be sure that she'll be returned if she runs away. She loves me, but is shy with others.
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:41 pm

Asahi Sara

*hugs* thanks poe smile I don't know if that suggestion will work though because we've both had terrible experiences with therapy in the past, namely when I first came out. I'll see if I can't get him to find SOMEONE to talk to though, even if its not me or mom.

Sometimes friends are the best to talk to.

Recursive Paradox

Calixti

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:23 pm

There are three things that trigger me to have major panic attacks. They are needles, being lost or alone in crowds, and being photographed.

THE THIRD IS NOT FUNNY.

And no, you do NOT get a ******** pass for making me have a panic attack because you think it's SO hilarious to take a photo of me when you think I'm not paying attention, and make me hide in my room because I'm shaking and crying and can't breathe. You do NOT get a pass for being family. You do NOT get a pass because you don't have any photos of me. That behaviour, after being told about my reaction to being photographed and explicitly told to NOT TRY IT by my mother, is inexcusable.

And protip: if there's cameras around, I'm always paying attention.
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:34 pm

Since when did honoring someone's last wishes become more about you then them?

I mean, we don't get to choose how we come into this world. We don't get to choose how we go out of it usually. But our choice as to what should happen with what is left of our corporeal presence, that last little thing we can control should be ******** respected.

The man didn't get to walk his daughter down the isle at her wedding or see his son graduate. He didn't choose to die a horrible, slow painful death when his son was too young to remember what he looks like and his daughter can't even remember his laugh anymore.

You're ******** spitting in his face because you don't want to be bothered by the realization that his ashes washed down a river you visit maybe once every couple of years with your perfect little replacement family.

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:02 pm

You are not Irish. You are not Scottish. You are not Native American. You are not Rroma and HOW ******** DARE YOU USE A RACIAL SLUR TO CLAIM TO BE SO!
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:31 am

My comp broke. Just suddenly. BAM. I dunno what's wrong or how long it will be till its fixed. I miss you all!

Adalyna

niamhybeag

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:10 am

I can't concentrate. Can't study. I'm so ******** for these exams it's not even funny.
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games