Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Lazy Samurai

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:47 pm
Loonamist
A Lazy Samurai
Loonamist
A Lazy Samurai
How hard is it to get a RageCandyBar? I plan on starting in Kanto, but I really want a Mudkip...

Ragecandys are event items, which means they're completely dependent on when we have an event and whether that event offers it, which means they can be kind of rare.

However, I believe the Horoscope has the option to claim a level 5 Blue (or white) pokemon, so you can claim a Mudkip from there and have it with your character when they start : ) Or introduce it to them after

I read about that event, and was considering it. Are we allowed to explain how we got the event Pokemon IC, even if it doesn't actually involve the event? Like if I got the event Pokemon, but claimed that my parents gave it to me as a gift or something?

Yes, any pokemon you get through a giveaway, whether it's a regular one like the horoscope (which changes each month), or an event one like the 25K event we have going on (which you could also claim a mudkip from if you wanted it at level 10, and/or shiny), you have completely free range on how to introduce it ^^ You can have it have been with your character since they were born, or have them have just met on their way to get their starter pokemon, or, as you mention, have parents give it to them. The only rule is that if you have your character 'battle' it, they can't gain exp from it, but otherwise, it's really quite open : )

Awesome, thank you so much.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:50 pm
A Lazy Samurai
Loonamist
A Lazy Samurai
Loonamist
A Lazy Samurai
How hard is it to get a RageCandyBar? I plan on starting in Kanto, but I really want a Mudkip...

Ragecandys are event items, which means they're completely dependent on when we have an event and whether that event offers it, which means they can be kind of rare.

However, I believe the Horoscope has the option to claim a level 5 Blue (or white) pokemon, so you can claim a Mudkip from there and have it with your character when they start : ) Or introduce it to them after

I read about that event, and was considering it. Are we allowed to explain how we got the event Pokemon IC, even if it doesn't actually involve the event? Like if I got the event Pokemon, but claimed that my parents gave it to me as a gift or something?

Yes, any pokemon you get through a giveaway, whether it's a regular one like the horoscope (which changes each month), or an event one like the 25K event we have going on (which you could also claim a mudkip from if you wanted it at level 10, and/or shiny), you have completely free range on how to introduce it ^^ You can have it have been with your character since they were born, or have them have just met on their way to get their starter pokemon, or, as you mention, have parents give it to them. The only rule is that if you have your character 'battle' it, they can't gain exp from it, but otherwise, it's really quite open : )

Awesome, thank you so much.

No problem ^^ Let me know if I can help with anything else~  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

A Lazy Samurai

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:04 pm
Loonamist

Sorry to take you up on that offer so quickly, but I'm having a hard time finding the post that explains training and leveling up Pokemon. From what I've gathered you get 1 EXP per training post, or 2 if the Pokemon is in the Daycare. Is there a word limit for what is considered a "post" or does a 75 word post equal as much as an 800 word post? Is it any sort of post with your Pokemon, or specifically training? Can you battle wild Pokemon you encounter for EXP, or only catch them? How much EXP does it take to level up a Pokemon? I'm sure this is all in a thread somewhere, but I'm having a hard time finding it.

Edit: Found the thread that explained most of it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:12 pm
If I was travelling with another person who has a Pokémon with Fly/Surf/whatever and I had a Ditto, am I able to have it transform and use that move?

Assuming I already have the badge I'd need to use that move in the first place.  

xxxmamoru

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:19 pm
A Lazy Samurai
Loonamist

Sorry to take you up on that offer so quickly, but I'm having a hard time finding the post that explains training and leveling up Pokemon. From what I've gathered you get 1 EXP per training post, or 2 if the Pokemon is in the Daycare. Is there a word limit for what is considered a "post" or does a 75 word post equal as much as an 800 word post? Is it any sort of post with your Pokemon, or specifically training? Can you battle wild Pokemon you encounter for EXP, or only catch them? How much EXP does it take to level up a Pokemon? I'm sure this is all in a thread somewhere, but I'm having a hard time finding it.

Edit: Found the thread that explained most of it.

No worries! I'm happy to help ^^
I'm not sure how much still needs to be answered, so I'll address that which isn't crossed out x3 Most of it you can find on the Rules page, but there's a lot there, so never hesitate to ask, especially since some of it might be scattered elsewhere.
For the literacy, we request a minimum of 3-5 sentences. We don't want people spamming a bunch of little tiny posts, but we understand writer's block, and we understand needing to get somewhere, or trying to grind out levels, in order to be able to write more. We just ask that it not be used as an excuse to spam out fifty 3-5 posts really fast to try and get an item or something : )
A post is a post, so you can be interacting with your pokemon, training, traveling, talking with other characters, etc (I'm not positive if this answers the question, I wasn't certain I understood, so I apologize if not). And if you do a valid wild pokemon battle,t hat you roll for and did the corresponding post counts for (3, 5, or 7, depending on the thread), then all of your active pokemon still get the post 1 exp, as well as the battling pokemon getting the exp from the battle.

I hope that helps >.< ;; Lemme know if I can clarify or assist with anything else!

xxxmamoru
If I was travelling with another person who has a Pokémon with Fly/Surf/whatever and I had a Ditto, am I able to have it transform and use that move?

Assuming I already have the badge I'd need to use that move in the first place.

I would say that if you're traveling with another rper, then that might be possible, so long as you have the appropriate badges and everything! :0 I don't know if that would work with NPCs, because it's kind of getting around the point that you need to have a pokemon capable of the move with you, but if it's with an rper, and you've earned the right to use it and want to travel together, I think that would be okay.

I'll double check with the other mods, but I'm fairly certain it should be fine : )  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:47 pm
Loonamist
I would say that if you're traveling with another rper, then that might be possible, so long as you have the appropriate badges and everything! :0 I don't know if that would work with NPCs, because it's kind of getting around the point that you need to have a pokemon capable of the move with you, but if it's with an rper, and you've earned the right to use it and want to travel together, I think that would be okay.

I'll double check with the other mods, but I'm fairly certain it should be fine : )

Yeah, doing it with another RP'er is what I was wondering. Definitely not with NPC's.

Also thanks for the quick reply!  

xxxmamoru

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:51 pm
xxxmamoru
Loonamist

Yeah, doing it with another RP'er is what I was wondering. Definitely not with NPC's.

Also thanks for the quick reply!

Then yeah, I think that's fine ^^

And sure thing! : ) Let me know if I can help with anything else~  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:07 pm
Can we have some clearing up on some moves? Like:

"Leaf Storm: 130: Lower special attack by two stages "

Is that lowers own special attack or the opponent's?  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

immortal reinhardt

Fortunate Abductee

4,550 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:23 pm
Shadow - Dragon

Serebii says it lowers the user's special attack, so I imagine it's the same here. I could be wrong, though....  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:26 pm
SD Paul Prospero
Shadow - Dragon

Serebii says it lowers the user's special attack, so I imagine it's the same here. I could be wrong, though....

Thus why asked on here also mentioning a comment for the crew to update the moves to make it seem more apparent  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

CLCyrus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:12 pm
Can I still claim the achievement for hatching Phione's egg?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:14 pm
CLCyrus
Can I still claim the achievement for hatching Phione's egg?

As long as you link to the post it hatched in, i don't see the problem with it.  

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:15 pm
Very late question to ask: When I transition from one place to the next, does the numerator of the encounter counter from the area I've left roll over into the next? Like if I leave the first place with 1/3, do I start in the next place with a 2/whatever-this-number-is-supposed-to-be, or does the counter restart in new areas?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:23 pm
Jin the Shadow Wolf
Very late question to ask: When I transition from one place to the next, does the numerator of the encounter counter from the area I've left roll over into the next? Like if I leave the first place with 1/3, do I start in the next place with a 2/whatever-this-number-is-supposed-to-be, or does the counter restart in new areas?

o 3o
uhhh
If i understand your question correctly, you want to know if the wild pokemon encounter count stacks?
If so, yes, you can build up that post count. you don't start that over just because you move to a different area, even if it requires more of that count for an encounter in the new area.  

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:38 pm
Vigilia
Jin the Shadow Wolf

o 3o
uhhh
If i understand your question correctly, you want to know if the wild pokemon encounter count stacks?
If so, yes, you can build up that post count. you don't start that over just because you move to a different area, even if it requires more of that count for an encounter in the new area.

A'ight, I gotcha. Thank you Vigi. :3  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games