Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:00 pm
User Image
You can make the hero you are
With your brains, your aim, and your battle stars
Everybody's got a story, of all their troubles, all their glories
Tell me yours you cannot bore me, there's a hero in you

User Image

Jacob winced as he realized that Ronna just got knocked out. Ouch, that had to hurt. He quickly tucked his bat under his arm and dove down, thinking he should check on her. He landed and went over, wincing on his bad leg. Well, maybe it was a bit battered. "Hey, you okay?"

Position: Beater
AC: 17
Modifiers: Hitting the Bludger +7, 16+ to Deflect Bludgers (-2)
Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger
Lives: biggrin biggrin gonk gonk
Final Roll:

----------------------------------
State: Determined
OOC: ...

Socks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:01 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Muggleborn // Single

Caitlin quickly flew to Leo's side, in the case a bludger did hit her, she wanted to be there to help. Once she caught up, she looked over at the younger girl, "Got me on your left, Leo!" Cait shouted to her, occasionally switching her line of vision from the younger girl to the goal posts and back.

Team One
                                                                  Position: Chaser
                                                                  Modifiers: (+7 on shots) (+7 on steals)
                                                                  Special Skills: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe.
                                                                  {Life} {Life} {Life}
                                                                  2/3

User Image  

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:03 pm
Some things we don't talk about
Rather do without
And just hold the smile
Falling in and out of love
Ashamed and proud of
Together all the while
You can never say never
While we don't know when

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Second Year - Twin -
[feeling: nervous] [thinking: I'm probably not going to get an actual spot...] [with: Gryffindors] [at: Gryffindor Team Tryouts]

Toby missed Leonette. To make matters worse, Ronna targeted him and he had a sneaking suspicion it might have been a little personal. He got the feeling she was not fond of all the competition. The bludger slammed into his side, and he heard a distinct crack. He hissed in pain and doubled over for a few seconds, holding his side. He was pretty sure he'd broken a rib. Then Ronna got knocked out by Cam, and Toby just flew slowly, knowing he might be next. This was the most pain he'd been in in a long time.

Younger now than we were before.

TEAM 2
Position: Trying Out for Beater
AC: 12
Mods: +2 Bludger Hits (-3 Lives Lost)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X)(X)(X)(X)

((This is my first time, ever, rping a character playing Quidditch. The dice system confuses the heck out of me but I'm going to try. Please let me know if I do anything wrong, guys. Thanks!))

But time and time again
Younger now than we were before
Don't let me go
Don't let me go
We're falling apart and coming together
Again and again
We're growing apart but we pull it together
Pull it together, together again

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Try Out Clothes]
Company: Gryffindor Team Hopefuls

➳ ➳ ➳

Do I look okay?

➳ ➳ ➳

"Do I bloody look okay?" She said obviously irritated, before coughing more blood, more irritated at herself than anything else. She hated to do a bad showing and the fact of the matter is she did.

She winced trying to remain calm and not cry, as she hurt all over. "I have like the worst... luck... ever... at try outs..." She managed. "Last year was a dis..aster too..."

She clenched her fists realizing that though her breath was labored she was no longer coughing blood: that was an improvement. "I... I know I'm not good enough... for the team... but I at least wanted to make reserve."

She tried to stand and her ankle in pain gave out on her and she sat back down, holding her side. She bit her lip before taking a deep breath and said with a small forced laugh, "Any extra points in being able to take a few hits without crying? Anyways, I probably should get to the hospital wing... get my ribs checked. And you might have fractured my ankle... no hard feelings."

Team One
Position: Applying for Beater
AC: 10 +1 (years playing) +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer) -3(lives lost)=12
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +1 (1 year quidditch team) -3 lives lost
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [X] [X] [X] NO LIVES

Diamond Wales

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:36 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Try-outs

Leonette concentrated on getting to the goal that's all she needed to do. "Thanks Cait." she called back keeping an eye on where everyone was as she got closer to the goal. "Please work..." she said as she put everything she had into the toss. Maybe this time she could score on Crash.

With: Quidditch Team...

Wearing: Try-out outfit

OOC: Just so you all know I won't be on till about 1pm eastern time due to a job interview.
Team 1 (3/3)
Position: Chaser
AC: 10
Modifiers: +2 block, +2 steal, +2 shoot, -1 hit
Special Skills: Hold the Line, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:38 pm
User Image
You can make the hero you are
With your brains, your aim, and your battle stars
Everybody's got a story, of all their troubles, all their glories
Tell me yours you cannot bore me, there's a hero in you

User Image

Jacob tried to hold onto his temper, hearing the girl's tone and counted to three. Oh yeah, she had a worse tryout than he did. Of course. Taking a deep breath, he decided to breathe it out. "I dunno, you didn't fall into a coma and nearly bash your head in last year falling from a broom, so I would count that as lucky. Besides, it's my job to check this stuff out. You think you can make it down there by yourself okay? I mean, I think Elli can talk to me after tryouts to get my opinion if necessary, but if you can't walk, then you probably need a hand. I know I did my last game of my first year. Took three bludgers and was still in the game, but barely. Captain of the opposing team was shocked, though. Care for some assistance?"

Modifiers: Hitting the Bludger +7, 16+ to Deflect Bludgers (-2)
Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger
Lives: biggrin biggrin gonk gonk
Final Roll:

State: Determined
OOC: ...

Socks

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:55 pm
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

I don't want to look weak.

➳ ➳ ➳

She sighed before staring hard at Jacob. She knew for a fact that she couldn't walk on her ankle: it hurt too much. And her side was killing her. And that bruise swelling on her arm, it probably would have hurt if her ankle and side didn't hurt so much. She took a deep breath, she didn't want to appear weak.

Finally she said, "I'll just... um... sit on the bench till tryouts is over. I'm curious about the results, regardless. Besides you should focus on what everyone else is doing: you are the vice captain." She forced a smile through her pain and grabbed her broom and used it to push herself up. "Besides I'm tough. What's a few possible broken bones, anyways? And it's not like I'm coughing up blood anymore."

The fact of the matter is that she wanted nothing more than to go to the hospital wing and get cured at that instant: she felt like Hell. She really had taken quite a beating. But, she wasn't about to show the quidditch team and her fellow Gryffindors any weakness. She figured that after try outs were over she could maybe ask David to take her up to the hospital wing. Or Crash... not that she really wanted to play damsel in distress but with her ankle as it was.

She limped over to the bench and sat down and carefully untied her boot and felt her ankle and winced at the pain. At least it was true she was curious about the team's set up for that year. As she decided to tie back her boot she thought, More time for studying, I suppose.

Team One
AC: 10 +1 (years playing) +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer) -3(lives lost)=12
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +1 (1 year quidditch team) -3 lives lost
Lives: [X] [X] [X] NO LIVES

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:09 pm
User Image

User Image 

♫ Pureblood ♫ Chaser ♫ Dating Cameron Rowley ♫

۩I love this гєς๏г๔ baby, but I can't see รҭгคเﻮђҭ anymore.۩ 
                                                            ۩Just ∂คภςє, Gonna be ๏кคұ.۩

Elli mostly sat back and watched the other players play. She only locked into Quidditch mode when the ball was tossed her way but it was most often stolen from her. She kept teal eyes watchful of everything around her and keeping track mentally of how each student was playing. As Remy began to act all captainy, Elli rolled her eyes but kept her mouth shut. Anything she said now, would just make her seem like a horrible person. Remy would get the picture soon anyways.

Suddenly Ronna was knocked to the ground, and Elli darted after her. Jacob had beat her down the young girl, but the moment Elli landed she nodded to her Vice Captain before heading over to the young beater.
                                                            "I know it hurts. Bludgers are hella painful, especially as a beater. My sister has told me all about beater fun." She paused and offered the girl a small smile, sitting down next to her. "I know you might not like me much, and that's your opinion, but you're not a bad beater. Here. It's a potion, should fix you right up rather quickly. You can join back in the game whenever you're ready."

Elli handed over the healing potion and patted the girl's head gently. If Remy thought the, now brunette, was shoddy enough to not bring potions for her players, she could think again. Elli knew what she was doing, and she knew she would do a damn fine job at it.

OOC: Position: Chaser
                                                            Modifiers: (+7 for shots) (+7 for steals)
                                                            Special Skills: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe
                                                            Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                            Above AC steal
                                                            -/3

0-0

۩I can't гє๓є๓๒єг, but it's alright, I'm คใгเﻮђҭ.۩ 

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:51 am
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

A second chance. Thank God!

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna had to say her respect for Elli actually sky rocketed at that moment when she gave her the potion and the second chance to get back onto the field. "Opinions are rarely set in stone but I have higher respect for authority who build themselves up-like you are now- not by bringing up other's mistakes in the pasts but who build their leadership on their own merit," Ronna replied bluntly to Elli. The reason she had any major issue with Elli was the fact she kept bringing up the Remy issue and without any tact. She was mostly undecided in her opinion of Elli as a leader otherwise, quite frankly her opinion would probably take time with her on the pitch to fully form. It had been negative in regards to how she dealt with Remy but otherwise neutral.

She opened the bottle and said, "Thank-you and sorry for my bluntness you may have not wanted it. Just give me a minute and I'll be back up there, okay? Thanks for the second chance."

Team One
AC: 10 +1 (years playing) +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer) =15
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +1 (1 year quidditch team)
Lives: [0] [0] [0] RECOVERING NOW!

XxXDevil-Chan

Xistund rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:39 am
User Image
User Image

You can go the distance
You can run the mile
You can walk straight through hell with a smile

Fourth YearBeaterGryffindorSingle

Standing in the hall of fame
And the world's gonna know your name
'Cause you burn with the brightest flame
And the world's gonna know your name
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame

Tevye flew around the pitch looking for his next target. He preferred to take out the fellow beaters first to stop them from hurting his team. He saw one of the beaters who looked like he was nearly knocked out. It would be to mean to hit him. He then saw Cameron. That was a good target, he moved off to try to hit the boy with a bludger.

You could be the hero
You could get the gold
Breaking all the records they thought never could be broke

AC: 19
Modifiers: +9 to AC, +5 to Hit.
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Lives: [] [] [] []

{Out of Character:}

Xistund

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:10 am
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

Hopefully, my bluntness didn't come off too bad to Elli, but the fact of the matter is true: she needs to stop focusing on Remy and start focusing on moving forward. Besides, she's wrong, it isn't like I don't like her... I just am not fond of how she's handled some things.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna chugged the potion and was tempted to sigh with relief as she felt her ankle strengthen and no longer throb, the swelling in her arm go down, and she was pretty sure what may have been a cracked rib or two mend with the potion. She wasn't one hundred percent but she felt a whole lot better and was itching to get back on her broom. She glanced up to notice Tevye swing a bludger at Cameron and she had to suppress a smile. In her opinion Tevyv was a bit of a jerk to take advantage of her who had already had been hit twice and she had an itching suspicion it was he wanted to eliminate competition, though frankly she thought he should be more worried about Tevye. It was like she had decided she wasn't going to aim any more at Toby because he already looked pretty beat up. Hell it was only try outs to be on a team to play a game.

She stood knowing now that the fact she wore boots probably helped protect her ankle when it had been hit and decided it was definitely a fashion choice she'd keep most of the time-at least flying and playing Quidditch. She grabbed her broom and said to Elli, "Thank-you again."

She didn't wait for Elli's response about Ronna's opinion about leadership-quite frankly it didn't matter. Elli could make what she wanted out of what Ronna said, what Ronna was focused on was to show what she could do on the field. She rose and circled the field waiting for a second, recovering and evaluating her targets. Crash and Alex had been free of any bludger hits and they probably didn't have the experience to dodge as much as some of the older players. Tevye was handling Cam at the moment. She would have to look out more for her teammates as it seemed Cameron was getting more aggressive, but perhaps it was mostly towards his competition as beater. Leo had been hit, though, by Toby. The problem was Ronna's strength was more in aggressive hits not protection-Tevye seemed to have that talent more.

Team One
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +1 (1 year quidditch team)
Lives: [0] [0] [0] RECOVERED

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:43 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Try-outs

David smiled as he heard Remy. She sure still had that captain flair even if she wasn't the captain anymore. "Thanks Remy!" he called back to her. Watching the chasers he winced as his cousin was hit with a bludger. She bounced back alright though so he had faith she's be alright. "Go Leo!" David called to her sadly she didn't make the goal.

Watching Remy score and then Leonette tried to score again. It looked promising to him. Turning his attention to the Beaters he watched Ronna get hurt but like the Gryffindor she was pushing it off as being fine. Elli seemed to be taking care of things as far as he could see. "Hey Elli you want us Seekers to have at it again?" he asked her. Since he'd caught the snitch the only obvious choice would be to release it and have at it again.

With: Quidditch Team...

Wearing: Quidditch Uniform

OOC: 19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts)
Modifiers: +2 spotting, +2 catch, +2 dodge, +2 experience played, +3 advanced flying I & II
Special Skills: Sharp Eye, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

XxXDevil-Chan

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:46 pm
User Image

User Image 

♫ Pureblood ♫ Chaser ♫ Dating Cameron Rowley ♫

۩I love this гєς๏г๔ baby, but I can't see รҭгคเﻮђҭ anymore.۩ 

Elli blinked as the young girl bluntly stated totally untrue facts and acted like she knew everything that was going on in the political world of Hogwarts Quidditch. The brunette raised an eyebrow and refrained from rolling her eyes. "What in the world are you talking about kid? I haven't brought up other's mistakes once except when they were revealed to me in the office along with you and most of the team. If you're talking about me telling Tevye and Jacob earlier this morning. That was me informing them so they wouldn't be confused. Because if you weren't aware, them and Cam were comatose when all of that s**t went down. I really don't appreciate you eaves dropping on conversations not meant for public ears."

With that Elli turned, picked up her broom and took flight again, heading over to Keith and Eun. As she moved, she called over her shoulder for her vice captain.
                                                            "Jacob come here!" Elli stopped infront of the 2 late comers and smirked. "Being late... tsk tsk. Not a great impression you two." She teased playfully.

"Eun, take it up with the seekers. David! Release the snitch again and have another go." She called the the other tryout and then sent Eun on his way, before turning her attention to Jacob and Eun. "Jacob, join team 1. Keith join my team. Same rules apply. Seekers are not to be aimed at and everyone else on the opposite team is fair game"

OOC: Position: Chaser
                                                            Modifiers: (+7 for shots) (+7 for steals)
                                                            Special Skills: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe
                                                            Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                            Above AC steal
                                                            -/3

0-0

۩I can't гє๓є๓๒єг, but it's alright, I'm คใгเﻮђҭ.۩ 

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:00 pm
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

Okay, did totally come off wrong. And it isn't a private conversation when the whole field can hear it. Guess my chances get worse with Keith showing up and with what I said: at least I'm right.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna caught what Elli said as she flew off and was half tempted to roll her eyes or sigh at Elli's words. She forgot that her house tended to attract the hotheaded sort, herself being one of them. The problem wasn't necessarily Elli stating Remy's faults: Remy had screwed up; instead it was how Elli presented it. When in a leadership position you had to learn something called tact: it was one of the reasons Ronna never sought or desired a leadership position for herself. Ronna was too blunt and really didn't care to bother with the tact a good leader needed. Guess Elli missed the good I said in there too, Ronna thought annoyed realizing she needed to focus especially now Keith joined in-late, and she probably had just thoroughly pissed off the captain over something that she was totally blowing out of proportion.

She took a breath and decided that Toby had a good tactic: aim for the weak links. She wasn't in the mood to pick on one particular player or Toby since he looked in really bad shape, but decided to aim at Crash. He probably didn't even notice she had aimed at him earlier when she managed to hit herself with the bludger.

Team One
Aiming at: Crash
Roll: 14
Total: 14 +2 +1 = 17
Lives: [0] [0] [0] RECOVERED

Essy ze Ninja

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:26 pm
They said all teenagers scare the living s h i t out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me

The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You're never gonna fit in much, kid
But if you're troubled and hurt

What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did

Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash
Third Year Gryffindor

A gust of wind tangled his dirty blonde hair as he hovered before the three goal posts. The sun beat down into his face and the glare was oblique in his eyes. He’d barely even seen Leonette until she was right up on him, and Crash had done all he could to star e through squinted eyes and try to watch the quaffle. He whipped on his broom and surged towards it, but missed it by a mile. It swooped inside one of his rings and he cursed into a heavy breeze. No one seemed to notice, or at least, it didn’t seem like it, because one of the beaters had just fallen and he could barely make out Ronna’s figure down there beside the captain. He sighed and blinked as he looped down around to pick up the quaffle from the grass and then stared out into the field. He’d never even heard it coming either, until it smacked him straight in the side and all he heard was the THWAP of force. ”Oof!” He growled and dropped the quaffle, nearly fell off his broom too, but managed to bear hug it into submission as he wavered in the air while the bludger bounced away harmlessly. This was the first time he’d ever been hit with a bludger, and it was nothing like getting tackled in American football.

This was so much worse. ”Why..” Crash groaned as he pushed down on the growing welt on his lower side. ”Why don’t they put cushioning charms on those things?” He shook his head and snatched the quaffle from the grass once again, looking around the field. He wasn’t even sure who had struck him, but no one else seemed to be facing him other than the chasers, and Ronna.

”Xavier, catch!” He called out to his fellow Gryffindor as he tossed the quaffle through the air.
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Team Two: Keeper
AC= 12
Mods= (+4 to block the quaffle) (+2 to flying)
Hold the Line, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
((on mobile))
T1: 20
T2: 00
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image  
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games