Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:54 am
Thanks for replying to that tech!!

So guys, we're gearing up for Operation Scourgify... thanks so much for agreeing to teach so at least people won't get bored hopelessly while the Heads of House are busy doing dire updates and stuff

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:54 am
no problem
but isnt this operation scourgify 2 cause i remeber there being another of these a while back bout 3-5 terms ago

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:44 pm
Yes, this is the second Operation Scourgify in Guild history, however, the first one was several years ago, not Terms. 3-5 Terms ago was everyone adjusting to Juni leaving and getting 2 new HoHs' and myself as a Mod. We had alot to do cleaning up but that was mostly updating the guild as we go per Term. This is different. We are going to ban people that have not been active in a while as well as many other things to hopefully get the guild more active again. We'd rather have it small and active then huge and no one posting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:59 pm
Wow classes are crazy but i enjoyed it..........can i teach a different subject next year i have an idea so....do i have to submit a new application?

I give alot of respect for you guys......... you are busy bees

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:58 pm
Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?

I've been in the guild since three weeks prior to the beginning of the latest Spring Term.

2. How many posts have you made?

I have made 82 posts since joining.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?

Yes I was in two classes this past term and did all my assignments perfectly and got Extra Credit points as well.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.

I would like to either teach Defense Against the Dark Arts or Muggle Studies permanently.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):

Professor Yami is my professor's name and my username is Yami Enzeru88.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:

I would like to teach others things that they may not know and things that I may not know as well. We can all learn from each other.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)

If I were to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts I would scroll through the Harry Potter books to find all the spells that could be used against an attacking dark wizard and explain it fully in detail. Then they would have multiple choice and fill in the blanks. Maybe teach about the Patronus Charm and have them take a fun quiz to see what shape theirs would take.

If I were teaching Muggle Studies I would take my favorite moments in Muggle History and teach the students about it. No one term will be exactly the same.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)

Aunt Slappy. She was my Care of Magical Creatures and Astronomy professor and knows that I'm always online and active. We are friends and I was talking with her before about being a Teacher.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:

This is a trick question for me because I haven't been here that long but all the teachers that I know here are the same as me and have the same as me. I'm pretty sure that all teachers have extensive knowledge of the Harry Potter world and they just want to have fun and teach what they know and research to others. They all are caring and understanding like me, but if I did have to pic one thing I'd say that I would be more involved with the students in the classroom discussions by taking part in debates and just asking them questions or having them asking me questions in general. Also if the students want to learn something I'd be all open ears.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?

Yes I would.

11.Anything else you would like to add:

My Patronus is a Panther.

What's your Patronus?
Your Result: Your Patronus is a Panther!
You are strong enough to have few enemies and fearless enough to make those few enemies you have meet untimely ends. Of course, you're never caught. You are the bringer of silent justice.
Result Breakdown:
81% Your Patronus is a Panther!
78% Your Patronus is a Hedgehog!
74% Your Patrnous is a Wolf!
69% Your Patronus is a Hawk!
63% Your Patronus is a Dolphin!
53% Your Patronus is a Fox!
51% Your Patronus is a Badger
42% Your Patronus is an Iguana!
Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:01 pm
That would be great Slappy. And Thank You, yes, we are all very busy bees.

Yami, we aren't accepting teaching applications at the moment, however we do need help with our Summer Event, if your interested in trivia or just helping out, you should look in the SFQ.

After Summer is the next time we will be having classes.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:13 pm
Just to reiterate there are no classes for summer.
Applications will be accepted at the end of August (tentatively)

Also, Tina you're soooooo wonderful. I know that it's been you that's been updating the Staff Room post. Gosh the mod squad is really do some things now lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:13 pm
IceeWitch
Just to reiterate there are no classes for summer.
Applications will be accepted at the end of August (tentatively)

Also, Tina you're soooooo wonderful. I know that it's been you that's been updating the Staff Room post. Gosh the mod squad is really do some things now lol

Aww thanks Icee! >.<

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:57 pm
Umm, I know you said you weren't accepting applications till August, but I was just wondering if you have any requirements about who can and can't teach. Because, when the end of August comes around, I think I'd like to apply for Care of Magical Creatures (Like I taught way back when, lol). But my school in real life will have started by then and it'll be much easier for me to write my lessons now so all I'll have to do is post them and grade homework. However, if there are any requirements or restrictions that I don't meet, then I guess I won't bother. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:30 am
Hope Maxime Hagrid
Umm, I know you said you weren't accepting applications till August, but I was just wondering if you have any requirements about who can and can't teach. Because, when the end of August comes around, I think I'd like to apply for Care of Magical Creatures (Like I taught way back when, lol). But my school in real life will have started by then and it'll be much easier for me to write my lessons now so all I'll have to do is post them and grade homework. However, if there are any requirements or restrictions that I don't meet, then I guess I won't bother. sweatdrop

The only requirement to teach is that you be a sorted member (grad or current student)
You fit that requirement!
As far as classes go, we usually assign based on first come, first served BUT we also give teachers who've taught the subject before 'dibs'... because we know they're dependable in that subject from past experience. So, if you're not the first person to post your application, then you may not get it. However, the only two people who could really get the job over you would be Stardust Disaster and Aunt Slappy, so since they're in your House, maybe you can bribe them?

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:04 am
Madame Millicent walks into the staffroom and takes a look around, after a minute she gathers the attention of the staff members in the room
"Bonjour! I am so sorry for my disappearance, I had to go back to France anhelp out my family, now that that is over I am back. I hope all is well with the entire staff." finishing with a flair, she takes a seat at the staff table.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:56 pm
Applications for Teaching will soon be excepted. If you are interested in Teaching this coming Fall Term post you application here. Classes will start on September 19th.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:13 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application
Hogwart’s Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? just over a year and 8 months I believe.

2. How many posts have you made? 1028 (prior to posting this)

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? Yes I was in the Herbology, Charms, Potions, Transfiguration. I turned everything in, and even did extra credit work.

I am applying for Muggle Studies

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Gabrielle Millicent, I am from an all wizarding family, though when I was attending Beauxbatons Academy I found a odd liking for Muggle Studies, I received my apprenticeship in Muggle Studies in France and then moved to the United Kingdom to work at the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office at the Ministry of Magic. I left the Ministry because I was not enjoying the work there and applied to teach here at Hogwarts to help us Witches and Wizards understand the muggles and live in harmony with them.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: I would like to teach here to pass on my knowledge of Muggle Studies to the students and to help the guild grow and make it more active.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) There would be 4 or more lessons with questions on each and a possibility of a few essays. Upgraded from last time.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) The Queen Lana has agreed to be a reference for me.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: I love all things muggle!

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class? I would be more than happy to sub for a class as someone who is irl going into the teaching field this can only help me.

11.Anything else you would like to add: Professor Millicent will have a life outside of teaching, she can add color to the school history.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:38 am
Accepted, Oshenukhar biggrin

Lyra Elizabeth

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:50 am

ok i guess i should post this just in case
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
um since fall of 07?
2. How many posts have you made?
too many
3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
yep and i did all my work to get those house points
charms i like that class and have taught it several times before and i have a basic lesson plan already made witht eh spell we will learn
5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):crap i always forget what my professors name is so this time im goint o make it hell of random
danizib

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
for the fun of it and the ability to have some new and eager students
7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
well i will give 3-4 spells per week (or when the class has finished all of it) each spell will have a small amount of info with it there will be 10pts worth of homework and class work will be to use my 20 sided dice game to cast each spell and or rp having done a spell or being the target of a spell
rps are worth about 5pts each 10 if really well thought out and performing each spell is worth 2pts if done on a average-above averae and 4pts if done perfectly
at the end of term i may have a friendly wizards duel for the final or a bunch of triva idk it depends on the time i have when that comes

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
um no references but im sure if i asked i could get several
9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
experience a lesson plan and a fun dice game
10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
of course i would love to sub
11.Anything else you would like to add:
lols this is the first time i gave much of a real lesson plan in the last few years and some one needs to check the stands in the event forum cause its got some misinformation going on in one of adonis's posts

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff