Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:31 pm
Yanueh
As someone interested in chaos magic, I'm asking... d'you think this might work as a negativity-banishing ritual? (Without the impossible things like twirling your wand without holding it and spinning around inhumanely fast, of course.)

In the Sailor Moon anime, Sailor Moon uses it to heal those who have turned into monsters because their starseeds were removed.

I don't see why not. I mean, some of the hand motions I use to do stuff come from...similar places.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:48 am
Okay what was considered "bile" in ancient Greek thought and possibly ancient Hebrew thought? Also what symbolism is associated with bile?  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:02 pm
Okay according to Tea's Witch Guide, she says that כשף is supposed to translate as "to pray or worship (in reference to any god besides YHVH)". Strong's Hebrew Lexicon are saying that it's "to practice witchcraft". Is there some meaning associated with witchcraft I'm missing and possibly a linked source for this meaning?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:14 pm
rmcdra
Okay according to Tea's Witch Guide, she says that כשף is supposed to translate as "to pray or worship (in reference to any god besides YHVH)". Strong's Hebrew Lexicon are saying that it's "to practice witchcraft". Is there some meaning associated with witchcraft I'm missing and possibly a linked source for this meaning?
Found my answer in the Gesenius's Lexicon.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:10 am
AniMajor, Yanueh, Have either of you looked into Mudra?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:09 pm
Really stupid question here but as I was reading on wiki I came across something that completely confused me:
Quote:
With the growth and spread of large, Neopagan gatherings and festivals in the 1980s, public varieties of Neo-Wicca continued to further diversify into additional, eclectic sub-denominations, often heavily influenced by the New Age and counter-culture movements. These open, loosely-structured or unstructured traditions contrast with British Traditional Wicca, which emphasizes secrecy and initiatory lineage.[24]

That sounds incorrect... It is incorrect the Neo-Wicca right?  

StillBored123

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:53 pm
StillBored123
Really stupid question here but as I was reading on wiki I came across something that completely confused me:
Quote:
With the growth and spread of large, Neopagan gatherings and festivals in the 1980s, public varieties of Neo-Wicca continued to further diversify into additional, eclectic sub-denominations, often heavily influenced by the New Age and counter-culture movements. These open, loosely-structured or unstructured traditions contrast with British Traditional Wicca, which emphasizes secrecy and initiatory lineage.[24]

Neo-Wicca, at least from what I know, isn't lineaged.

Not that Wicca is all that old, but hey, the stuff claiming to be Wicca that isn't lineaged is even newer, so I guess the term "works?"

Depending on who you ask, only lineaged Wica is actual Wica, or other forms of Wica can exist.

For some reason, I think to all the splits that Christianity has had over the millenia.

I guess if there were some sort of theological reasoning behind why these "Neo-Wiccans" claim such a title, and it were presented, it'd be more acceptable?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:15 pm
Gho the Girl
StillBored123
Quote:

Not that Wicca is all that old, but hey, the stuff claiming to be Wicca that isn't lineaged is even newer, so I guess the term "works?"

Depending on who you ask, only lineaged Wica is actual Wica, or other forms of Wica can exist.

For some reason, I think to all the splits that Christianity has had over the millenia.

I guess if there were some sort of theological reasoning behind why these "Neo-Wiccans" claim such a title, and it were presented, it'd be more acceptable?

And that is exactly why I got confused. Because people have told me that only lineaged Wica is actual Wica. So I was reading the article and everything was seeming to match up and I saw that. Then I thought Wicca isnt more than 50-60 years old.. why would there be Neo-Wicca all ready? And now Im wording what you said at the bottom, would it really be more acceptable? Or would it be shuned by Traditional Wiccans like it all ready has.
Ahh confusion! >-<

Sorry I kind of just rambled a little there..  

StillBored123

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:19 pm
Brass Bell Doll

Yeah, although that was a while ago. I tried using them, but they never really clicked for me.

I do a lot of hand-waving. I think the two I use most are one from Dreamcatcher (at least a version of it), and one from Final Fantasy 8. I also use a lot of glowstick motions.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:24 pm
StillBored123
Gho the Girl
StillBored123
Quote:

And that is exactly why I got confused. Because people have told me that only lineaged Wica is actual Wica. So I was reading the article and everything was seeming to match up and I saw that. Then I thought Wicca isnt more than 50-60 years old.. why would there be Neo-Wicca all ready? And now Im wording what you said at the bottom, would it really be more acceptable? Or would it be shuned by Traditional Wiccans like it all ready has.
Ahh confusion! >-<

Well, think of it this way: the Catholic Church sees all other sects of Christianity as heresies, however, there are sound theological arguments presented by the founders of protestant movements explaining why they call themselves Christians while disagreeing with the Cathoic and Eastern Orthodox churches.

I haven't seen such an argument presented by "Neo-Wiccans" so I still don't know that in fact they are Wiccans.  

Gho the Girl

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:58 pm
Brass Bell Doll

Nope. I've never even heard of it. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:13 pm
Gho the Girl
StillBored123
Gho the Girl
StillBored123
Quote:

Ahh confusion! >-<

Well, think of it this way: the Catholic Church sees all other sects of Christianity as heresies, however, there are sound theological arguments presented by the founders of protestant movements explaining why they call themselves Christians while disagreeing with the Cathoic and Eastern Orthodox churches.

I haven't seen such an argument presented by "Neo-Wiccans" so I still don't know that in fact they are Wiccans.

Oo that makes sense. That makes alot of sense.  

StillBored123

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:02 pm
I don't ask questions very often but there is one thing I want to know about:

Does anyone know what "girding" is? I ask because a few new friends of mine use this practice. Something about arranging stones in patterns. And they have some complex "grids" going on.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:11 pm
True Colours of Destiny

Does anyone know what "girding" is? I ask because a few new friends of mine use this practice. Something about arranging stones in patterns. And they have some complex "grids" going on.

According to my crystal book, griding is placing specific stones around a person or area to achieve a certain purpose. Like you go and put amethyst pointing inward around you in a circle to relieve stress, or placing tourmaline at the corners of your house for protection.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:15 pm
AniMajor
True Colours of Destiny

According to my crystal book, griding is placing specific stones around a person or area to achieve a certain purpose. Like you go and put amethyst pointing inward around you in a circle to relieve stress, or placing tourmaline at the corners of your house for protection.
Huh. That reminds me of a documentary I saw where a gay man was given a semi-precious stone from his father. He was supposed to let the light shine through it at a certain angle onto him and supposedly it would cure his homosexuality. Apparently, to paraphrase the man, it's potency was very questionable.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff