Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:33 pm
Wolfenstein is rather.. No wait. It is boring, bland and brings nothing new in. I was expecting too much it seems. It has outdated graphics, lame gameplay and a horrible story. The latter I can forgive because it is a Wolfenstein game, but the poor graphics? Shame on you id Software! You have lost your place as the innovators.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:55 pm
Eh, I still found Wolfenstein to be a good game, just beat it, going to return it tommorrow and either renting CoD 4, CoD WaW or Amored Core 4, is the Armored Core 4 for the 360 any good?  

Syumerrt

Necron_Pariah

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:55 pm
i have only played the demo for AC but i looks to be ok. i enjoyed the fact that now when you hit water in a 2 or 4 legged AC you dont sink but instead it goes into a powered hover that uses no energy from your power bar1 woo hoo for not sinking anymore! pirate  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:20 pm
Well I tried out the Section 8 demo, that game is fun for me....especially the none random spawning, at least this time I won't spawn right on a spot where I can be instantly killed.  

Syumerrt

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:02 am
I'm waiting for Rage now, id's new IP. Can you say 120 Terabyte bump maps?

Aaaaaand it would appear that Batman won't be released back home until the 25th of September, mother douche bags of Sony.. stare  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:01 am
Borderlands looks to be awesome thus far. It's a sci-fi shooter/RPG akin to Fallout 3 and Bioshock, but it features the capability of four player co-op online on top of it. Tons of vehicle classes, all of which are customizable. In the fastest vehicle, it takes an hour to drive from corner to corner on the map, making it roughly the same size in game as Connecticut. The Weapon AI will generate guns at random with different stats, weapon pieces, augments, etc. I really, really want this game.

The Main Site
E3 Trailer
E3 Gamespot Interview
Gameplay Trailer
Gameplay Demo  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Aku Kami Kurayami

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:21 am

Wow. I am definitely hoping I have a better computer by the time that comes out. Having the AI make the weapons is an interesting idea, and promises to keep it interesting. Not to mention the co-op, by far something that would've made a game like Fallout 3 interesting. Definitely gonna keep an eye on it.

"87 bazillion guns!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:58 am
Hell yes, man. I've got a 360, so I'm already set for a machine with enough processing power to handle it. And, really, it looks amazing. The box art is just...brilliant.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:04 pm
I smell....
Epicness.  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:34 pm
I smell.. HYPE.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:59 pm
I smell cold pizza for breakfast.

Yum.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Aku Kami Kurayami

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:02 pm
Caleidah
Hell yes, man. I've got a 360, so I'm already set for a machine with enough processing power to handle it. And, really, it looks amazing. The box art is just...brilliant.

After showing it to my brother (who owns the 360 in our house), he'd be willing to play it, so now we're prolly gonna get it for that. He wants it for the co-op. I'd prolly play that once in a while if you can save multiple files on the same login.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:43 pm
Oh Paul, you enjoy Tim Buckley? Minus points for you.

Borderlands looks most interesting though. The change of art style and game direction are most interesting to say at the very least. And if Borderlands fails, there's always Rage, which is more or less the same type of game, only with better graphics and not as weak as Wolfenstein.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:01 pm
Mac, I just linked that one for the sake of it relating to Borderlands. I do like his comic, though. It's kinda "Meh" at times but it definitely has its moments.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games