Lost Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:29 pm
Duncan paused for a moment, thinking about how to approach what he was trying to say. The Zoroastrian demon Ahriman had been a nightmare experience for both him and his Watcher, and Joe was the only one who knew MacLeod had not fallen temporarily insane during that time.

"Do you remember how adamantly Methos insisted that Ahriman didn't exist?" he asked. "He wouldn't even consider the possibility."

"Yeah," Joe said gruffly. It was clear he didn't like the subject. Richie had believed in Mac from the start, and Richie had died by his teacher's blade when Ahriman drove the Scot to a maddened frenzy. "He absolutely rejected the idea of an Immortal Champion who has to face Ahriman once every millenium. In fact, he totally disappeared after-- after Richie's funeral."

"Methos doesn't remember anything about his first death," Mac went on. "He doesn't know who he was, where he came from, even how old he really is. He told me it was because he was so old that the memories faded after a certain amount of time."

"Mac..." Joe's eyes widened as he began to see where Duncan might be heading, "you don't think--"

"I often wondered if it might not have been more likely trauma," Mac mused. "That he might have wiped them out because... because something terrible happened. Something he didn't want to remember."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:52 am
"Oh yeah, lets give the freaked out person weapons, hell no, and you ain't bringing no one here, um, there's a park, ok? And dude here needs a shower and dry cloths, so lets hurry this up a bit." He was getting annoyed, it was messing with his head which was why he was getting snappy, none the less he sighed, "Fine, fine, I'll get you some clothes Adam or whatever, and we'll skip the whole freak, immortal thing for now." He stood with a sigh, "And I can change shirts." With that muttered, more to himself then anything before he paused, "Oh, you want a shower? Or just dry cloths?" And he needed to call this chick, Luana or whatever and tell her when and where to meet up, why couldn't he have a nice quiet day? But since he was going to get cloths, though waiting for Adam's answer first, he already hit redial and was waiting for chicky to pick up.  

Vesta Shade

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:52 pm
Gaston Marceau, favorite student of Methos (in Gaston's mind, anyway, but he'd press Byron or Phoenix about what they did to top him should they ever try to argue) had gotten to Japan a few days ago, and reconnected with his olf friend, Futaba Mao about rediscovering his honor, becoming a Samurai reborn, getting perspective on Sandra's death and preparing to avenge himself on Ardeth Sahib.

A large part of this process was cutting himself off from the modern world. No television, electricity, creature comforts...or phones. That would explain why MacLeod's call went unanswered. Fortunately for all involved, Gaston agreed to check his messages once a day in case anything critical popped up with Balance and he had to cut his two week furlough short.

"You have one new voice message." The recorded voice drawled.

Gaston frowned. "Never fails. I'm going to end up having to shoot someone in the face, I just know it." He punched in his password and replayed the message.

"Gaston, this is MacLeod. If you've seen or heard from Adam in the last 48 hours, give me a call."

Gaston's brow shot up. Now that was odd. The younger Immortal's curiosity aroused, he quickly punched in the appropriate keys to automatically call MacLeod back...

"Come on, pick up..."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:57 pm
"I think a shower would help," Adam said, looking down at his stained damp t-shirt and jeans. He made a face that made him look very much like a young boy. "I smell like the river."

He started toward the bathroom, then glanced over his shoulder at the odd pair. "Thank you for all your help, Matthew. Really."

Then he closed the door to the large bathroom, locking it behind him. He might be grateful to them for their help, but that doesn't mean he totally trusted them. Unbuttoning his jeans, he paused suddenly as he caught his reflection in the mirror.

Is that me? he thought. Hazel eyes stared back out at him, wide with curiosity, then narrowed to slits as he contemplated his pale features. Short dark hair drying in spikes of disarray, a prominant nose, thin mouth and well-formed delicate bone structure with fine cheekbones. "Adam," he said aloud. "Adammmm... Pie.. er..."

He almost had it, then it was gone, whispy and elusive. A shadow moved, reflected in the mirror, but when Adam whirled around there was nothing there.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:14 pm
It didn't even get halfway through the first ring before Luana picked up, tired of whatever was going on, "We need to meet now, Adam's apparently missing his friends are worried, and I need to see Phoenix, so whoever this is, you better hand them over or you won't live through the day." The german had dropped simply because she had gotten a hold of herself now.

Well since they had things to do Phoenix scrambled back to her corner, sitting and pulling her knees to her chest to stare out into nothingness, waiting calmly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:17 pm
Too many things at once, but he answered Adam fist, "Yeah, no prob, everythings in there and I'll fetch clothes for ya." He paused a moment, not daring cut off the woman on the other side of the line, "Lookie here lday, I'll gladly let you take care of them, I don't like being in this s**t but I couldn't just let them wander, so fine, hour, um, hell I'm hungry, Waffle House, okay?"  

Vesta Shade

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:26 pm
Now there was a small pause from Luana, "Fine, one hour, done." With nothing else to say, past threats, she hung up, she had things to do within that hour, first was hit up Joe's, Adam was friends with the owner, and there were other ties there. Even so, when she pulled into a parking-spot outside the pub she paused, most likely they would know, which means she wasn't going to being welcome, but oh well. With a sigh she got out of her car and shut the door, automatically smoothing winkles from her dress, the few spots of blood she had on her her stood out sadly against the silver of the dress she was wearing, the black of the gun at her side stood out two, but she wasn't caring, she had a permit so they could go to hell if they had a problem with it. Building a mask of calmness that was mostly false she pushed the door open and entered the establishment determined to remain calm.

Kali honestly jumped when the door open, and spun, automatically a gun in her hand, who her jumpy? Never. She didn't relax when she saw who it was, her surprise hidden behind annoyance, "And what the ******** do you want b***h?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:33 pm
"The hermit," MacLeod was saying, "the last Champion before me, he was half mad when I found him. What would happen to a Champion who had no teacher, no information, no warning? The First Champion. What if he lost?"

Joe was staring at MacLeod with a growing expression of concern when Mac's cell phone rang. One glance at the ID and he quickly answered, "Yes, Gaston."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:41 pm
"MacLeod." Gaston responded when the line became active. "Sorry I missed your call...I'm halfway around the world at the moment." He took a second to survey his room in Mao's simplistic home. Out of respect for the lowkey surroundings, Marceau had been keeping the majority of his worldly possessions in a duffel under the bed so as not to spoil the ambiance.

"But what's this about Adam? He in trouble or something?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:58 pm
The hot water splashing down on his body finished warming Adam's chilled body, and he was just rinsing the shampoo out of his hair when a shadow moved outside the curtain. He reached out, then paused, suddenly afraid to open the curtain.

With a curse he yanked it aside, then gave a strangled cry. A man was standing at the sink, patting cool water on his neck and face with a wet handtowel. Slowly the stranger turned to look at him with cold blue eyes, a white scar vertically bisecting the right socket. He had thick black hair and intricate black lines painted on his face like some 80's rock star.

The eyes glowed red. "It's been a long time, Methos," the voice purred.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:03 pm
Mat had some timing then given he knocked on the bathroom door with cloths, he wasn't sure he'd go heard given the water was running but it was worth a try none the less. He didn't want the dude to come out naked or something weird like that, that was not something he wanted to deal with.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:04 pm
Booth looked up as the pale woman entered the bar, intending to tell her they were closed, when Kali pulled a gun on her. "Whoa!" he yelped, jumping to his feet. "Let's everyone stay frosty, okay?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:08 pm
"Then I take it you haven't heard from him," Mac said to Gaston, not hiding his disappointment. "He's missing. We know he took four Quickenings, either at once or very close together. He hasn't been seen or heard from since."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:12 pm
The knock on the door drew Adam's unnerved gaze away from the man in scale mail, and when he looked back the man was gone. "Y-yes?" he called out, not quite sure what he'd seen.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:13 pm
"Well now that depends on why Miss Silvers is here now doesn't it?" Kali asked with a tilt of her head, two handed stance was good for shooting, but holding it started to hurt after a while, so hopefully this could be fixed quickly.

Luana stared at the two a moment, they really weren't of concern to her, at all really, though if anyone noticed her gun was out the second one was pulled on her. It was odd how she went for the gun first though, or at lest not normal, "Neither of you matter right now, I need a way to contact Heir MacLeod, it is rather important." She wasn't putting up the weapon, not while one was trained on her, she was behaving enough to not aim at the woman, that was good enough, at lest in her mind. Her eyes never left Kalika though, after all she wasn't in the mood to be shoot, she had somewhere to be.

A frown from Kali, "And what would that be?"

"Something dealing with a friend of his." Was her simple answer, though ice entering her tone now at the question.

Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff