Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate Near?
  Yes!!!
  No
  A little...
  No he is better then L!!!
  Yes, he does not deserve to be L's heir and the next L!!!!
View Results

Ls_heir_near

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:41 am
tieru
L should totally pick Mello. <3
I wonder what Near would feel about that.

lol i wonder if he would get mad for once everyone says he dosnet show any emotions but if you look back in book 8 when all his spk members get killed by kira he looks so sad i never noticed it befor i actually looked for it page 108 to be exact  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:20 pm
tieru
IttyBittyKitty
"This bubble bath is slightly too warm, Kira must have changed the temperature of this building's water heater. Which means Kira must know where we are at this moment, which means that Kira must be nearby. If Kira is nearby then he can only be within a two mile radius, and that leaves me with five hotels. Kira would attempt to be a normal citizen and attract as little as possible attention to himself, which means he must be at a hotel which is neither the cheapest or the most expensive, which leads me to conclude Kira is staying at Holiday Inn. And if Kira is staying at Holiday Inn, then that must mean that Kira is staying in a room at the top of the building, for for that would give Kira..."

SERIOUSLY. e__e

I haha-ed at that.

[:

Does it make you all feel better if he dies not long after the end of the last book?

would it make you feel better if his hair wasn't blowing in the wind?
yes.  

IttyBittyKitty

IttyBittyKitty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:22 pm
tieru

Near might actually make a facial expression
wait
naw.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:23 pm
IttyBittyKitty
tieru

wait
naw.

have you read the 8th book he looks so sad in one panel right after the other spk members get killed by kira  

Ls_heir_near

tieru

Blessed Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:54 pm
IttyBittyKitty
tieru
IttyBittyKitty
"This bubble bath is slightly too warm, Kira must have changed the temperature of this building's water heater. Which means Kira must know where we are at this moment, which means that Kira must be nearby. If Kira is nearby then he can only be within a two mile radius, and that leaves me with five hotels. Kira would attempt to be a normal citizen and attract as little as possible attention to himself, which means he must be at a hotel which is neither the cheapest or the most expensive, which leads me to conclude Kira is staying at Holiday Inn. And if Kira is staying at Holiday Inn, then that must mean that Kira is staying in a room at the top of the building, for for that would give Kira..."

SERIOUSLY. e__e

I haha-ed at that.

[:

Does it make you all feel better if he dies not long after the end of the last book?

yes.

DD;
The question wasn't really serious.

He does die though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:46 pm
I don't hate him, but I resent the fact that that he's the second L. Maybe it's because he's a little kid, maybe it's because he's just not the L. I'm not sure. His ugly little dolls kinda got to me after a while....
But I don't think I could ever hate him, though, since he's the one who avenges L's death in the end.

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

solitary-hue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:41 pm
I went through this phase shortly after finishing DN where I HATED Near's guts.
Now that I've re-read DN numerous times and watched the anime numerous times, I don't hate Near as much anymore. I mean, if it was L vs Kira, I'm on L's side totally. But after that arc, and it became Kira vs Near... well, I root for Kira.
I think the reason I don't like Near so much is that he's the new L, but he's too like the old L in some ways, and then just weird in others. Bleh, hard to explain. xD
ANYWAY, no, I don't hate his guts anymore, but I definately put Mello, Light and L, naturally, higher on my list of favorite characters.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:09 pm
Ls_heir_near
IttyBittyKitty
tieru

wait
naw.

have you read the 8th book he looks so sad in one panel right after the other spk members get killed by kira

I own 1-12 excluding 5 because one of my friends got me a five dollar gift card for a 7+ dollar book.

Yes, I've read it. I know he makes about three facial expressions. But seriously. He was wide eyed for like one panel after he was told that L died while Mello was next to him having one of his famous face-gasms. I just REALLY don't like Near as a character...  

IttyBittyKitty

IttyBittyKitty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:12 pm
tieru
IttyBittyKitty
tieru
IttyBittyKitty

SERIOUSLY. e__e

I haha-ed at that.

[:

yes.

DD;
The question wasn't really serious.

He does die though.

I saw him lying face down on a concrete floor with Mello running past on a clip to an AMV. What's up with that? Mello was alive to see Near die? He had to be faking it...

And my reply wasn't meant to be taken seriously, it was a quote from a commercial. Sorry for throwing it in randomly, it just popped into my head e__e;;

but I don't hate Near bad enough that I think he should die (that special hatred is reserved for Kira) I just think that he's a character that needs to be tweaked. A lot.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:54 am
Apparently...I don't hate him...The fact that he's the next heir is why...Because if he wasn't, the idiot Light Yagami would be the next heir...It's better to have a kid than an idiot... stare  

L_Lawliet_XIII

Pretty Shinigami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:30 am
I love that little albino and his creepy smile! heart I didn't want to, but he grew on me. He's not L, no one ever will be.
Anyway, he did get Light into a postition where he could not deny his
Kira-ness, thus leading to Light's death, and the only good Kira is a dead Kira. twisted
Plus, my sister is a compleate Near fan girl, so if I hated him it would be rough in this house. And in that three years later story (That he dind't die in-sorry-I see why some think he did, but he didn't)he got kind of hot.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:05 am
eh. hes cool not sure why so many people hate him. my friend hates him because he doesn't appreciate his own work..o.0  

Akiko-chan13

3,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

moonlight_thief_dark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:22 pm
Near is an annoying little brat! i hate him!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:04 am
Its really too bad everyone doesn't seem to like him. I feel like I'm the only one who does like him sad I mean I understand he isn't L and will never be him and I also understand his attitude can be complicated but at least he gets the job done without letting something get in his way.

Thats just me anyway sweatdrop

Sayaka Tenoh

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100

TaoShaman

Mewling Vampire

7,650 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:29 pm
I ABSOLUTELY DISPISE NEAR!!!!I WISH HE WOULD JUST BURN!!!!HE SHOULD GET SHOT!!!!HE IS SOOOOOO MEAN!!!!HE IS SUCH A $*@@%%??**&&&&$%#$&&**??!!$$%%#&*%!?DORK!!!! twisted stressed scream  
Everything Death Note

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff