Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

Reply Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}
"The Old Testament Doesn't Count!" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does the Old Testament count?
  Yes
  No
  Only parts of it (Explain)
View Results

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:00 pm
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44

And I'd like to think that Hilary Clinton isn't a b*tch.

Now, now...I distrust Mrs. Clinton as much as anyone, but that was uncalled for.

The only thing she does after the assassination of Benazir Bhutto (that was sad, by the way; but I think her son is planning to lead the party and run for election) is put a present under the tree that says "Peace for Pakistan." First she votes wholeheartedly to go to Iraq - as most people did. After the war started to go sour, she said she wasn't sure what she thought. A couple of days after that, she said that she was wholeheartedly against the war from the start. Opportunist, just like most Democrats. They will say anything to sound good for the people. I think it was most called for.

Oi, like I said: I am not a supporter of Hillary Clinton. Hell, I'm not a supporter of the Democratic Party. They're mostly a bunch of spineless moderates who spend so much time cowering in fear and weedling away for votes that they make absolutely no actual progress. And the Republicans are just morons.

I'm with George Washington: Major parties are bad for democracy and are destroying this nation.

But this has absolutely nothing to do with the previous discussion. But that's OK. 3nodding I like talking politics.

I despise politics.

Then why on earth did you bring it up?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And you do? I think that the being who created the universe would know how to run it best. It's "LOGICAL", something you're always talking about.

Henry Ford was probably not the greatest driver who ever lived. What you've claimed isn't logical at all.

Do you know everything about the entire universe? No. Does anyone know everything about the entire universe? No. Does God know everything about the entire universe? Yes. Who is most fit to run it? God. What's not logical about that?

Does Richard Petty know everything about every race car he ever drove? No; his mechanics knew way more about his race cars than he ever did. Who is "The King" of race car driving? Richard Petty.

Your comparison is insufficient. God made everything. Plasma, dark matter, then cute girl you're going to see at homecoming, everything. And from pure nothingness too, with no equipment whatsoever. He spoke, and it was so. If you refuse to see the logic in that, then you're more stubborn then I expected from you.

I do fail to see the logic in that. In fact, I would like to quote that as my "fundie quote of the week", if I can get your permission. lol

The point is: The people who create something aren't necessarily the best at handling it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:37 pm
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar

Now, now...I distrust Mrs. Clinton as much as anyone, but that was uncalled for.

The only thing she does after the assassination of Benazir Bhutto (that was sad, by the way; but I think her son is planning to lead the party and run for election) is put a present under the tree that says "Peace for Pakistan." First she votes wholeheartedly to go to Iraq - as most people did. After the war started to go sour, she said she wasn't sure what she thought. A couple of days after that, she said that she was wholeheartedly against the war from the start. Opportunist, just like most Democrats. They will say anything to sound good for the people. I think it was most called for.

Oi, like I said: I am not a supporter of Hillary Clinton. Hell, I'm not a supporter of the Democratic Party. They're mostly a bunch of spineless moderates who spend so much time cowering in fear and weedling away for votes that they make absolutely no actual progress. And the Republicans are just morons.

I'm with George Washington: Major parties are bad for democracy and are destroying this nation.

But this has absolutely nothing to do with the previous discussion. But that's OK. 3nodding I like talking politics.

I despise politics.

I despise them, but I understand them. I also despise abortion and other such things, but I talk about them too.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Henry Ford was probably not the greatest driver who ever lived. What you've claimed isn't logical at all.

Do you know everything about the entire universe? No. Does anyone know everything about the entire universe? No. Does God know everything about the entire universe? Yes. Who is most fit to run it? God. What's not logical about that?

Does Richard Petty know everything about every race car he ever drove? No; his mechanics knew way more about his race cars than he ever did. Who is "The King" of race car driving? Richard Petty.

Your comparison is insufficient. God made everything. Plasma, dark matter, then cute girl you're going to see at homecoming, everything. And from pure nothingness too, with no equipment whatsoever. He spoke, and it was so. If you refuse to see the logic in that, then you're more stubborn then I expected from you.

I do fail to see the logic in that. In fact, I would like to quote that as my "fundie quote of the week", if I can get your permission. lol

The point is: The people who create something aren't necessarily the best at handling it.

I'm sure you can find a better one later on, although nothing matches the evolution quote.

My point being: Is anyone more qualified than God?  

GuardianAngel44

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:17 pm
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44

I despise politics.

I despise them, but I understand them. I also despise abortion and other such things, but I talk about them too.

But you sort of brought it up randomly...Whatever.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure you can find a better one later on, although nothing matches the evolution quote.

You'd be surprised.

One guy forgot about the existence of the sun.

Quote:

Rashind. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:03 pm
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar

I despise politics.

But you sort of brought it up randomly...Whatever.

Yay for apathy!!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You'd be surprised.

You're joking.

Quote:
Quote:

Rashind. xd

Does he know everything in the universe?  

GuardianAngel44

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:30 am
GuardianAngel44
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You'd be surprised.

You're joking.

"One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it."

I responded with:
"I spent all night puzzling over this conundrum. Then it dawned on me! xd "

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rashind. xd

Well, that knowledge would certainly come with the position of God.

But I think he would implement that knowledge better than the current holder of that position.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:26 pm
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You'd be surprised.

You're joking.

"One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it."

I responded with:
"I spent all night puzzling over this conundrum. Then it dawned on me! xd "

rofl rofl

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rashind. xd

But I think he would implement that knowledge better than the current holder of that position.

But, right at this moment, he still doesn't know everything about the universe. So, right at this moment, God is still more fit to run the universe.

Plus, I think becoming God would grant him with the insight of God. He would know exactly why it was the way it was, and nothing would ever change.  

GuardianAngel44

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:29 pm
GuardianAngel44

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rashind. xd

But, right at this moment, he still doesn't know everything about the universe. So, right at this moment, God is still more fit to run the universe.

Plus, I think becoming God would grant him with the insight of God. He would know exactly why it was the way it was, and nothing would ever change.

I still think Rashind is more qualified. Knowledge does not necessarily mean competence.

Besides, if nothing would ever change anyway, what's the harm in giving it a try?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:55 pm
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rashind. xd

I still think Rashind is more qualified. Knowledge does not necessarily mean competence.

Besides, if nothing would ever change anyway, what's the harm in giving it a try?

How do you know that he hasn't? He could have just realized that it wouldn't have changed anything and gone back to being human?  

GuardianAngel44

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:18 pm
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44

Quote:
Quote:

How do you know that he hasn't? He could have just realized that it wouldn't have changed anything and gone back to being human?

You mean to say that there is really more than one God?! eek

The Divine Conspiracy... ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:52 am
Lethkhar
Did you expect me to say something like:

"You're mom's a series of contradictions! razz "?

Because that's the level of "debate" we're at right now.

rofl

(I know this is an old post, but I was reading and found this to be HILARIOUS)  

Viviane_neechan

Blessed Codger

x unobstructed pencil x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:43 pm
@ Viviane_neechan: Wow... yeah, that is pretty funny!

And frankly, I can't really keep up with the conversation so far, but my opinion is this:

When Jesus came and died on the cross, he removed the covenant between God and Abraham, and in doing so, eliminated a lot of laws and rules and stuff... but there is still things from the Old Testament we can take in... really, it's mostly about that covenant...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:11 pm
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44

Quote:
Quote:

You mean to say that there is really more than one God?! eek

The Divine Conspiracy... ninja

Nah, kind alike Bruce Almighty, except that no one remembers but God. Hey, anything can happen.  

GuardianAngel44

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:59 pm
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Point is, if God does exist He certainly doesn't deserve His title.

Says you. Pretty sure the Creator of the universe would beg to differ.

As would any tyrant. 3nodding

So would an innocent person. stare We're arguing in circles now. I'm pretty sure that the Creator of the universe would have a bit of a better perspective of justice than someone He happened to stick into that universe. That's like telling the brain it's wrong for operating the way it does.

"But why does this cell only react to horizontal bars moving sideways? That's dumb!" Though, the brain didn't create itself and it's not something that's always existed ... never mind. I hope you get my point. Whether you agree with it or not. -headdesk-

Well, most brains certainly are wrong to some degree. neutral

How so??  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:14 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Point is, if God does exist He certainly doesn't deserve His title.

Says you. Pretty sure the Creator of the universe would beg to differ.

As would any tyrant. 3nodding

So would an innocent person. stare We're arguing in circles now. I'm pretty sure that the Creator of the universe would have a bit of a better perspective of justice than someone He happened to stick into that universe. That's like telling the brain it's wrong for operating the way it does.

"But why does this cell only react to horizontal bars moving sideways? That's dumb!" Though, the brain didn't create itself and it's not something that's always existed ... never mind. I hope you get my point. Whether you agree with it or not. -headdesk-

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm almost sure that my brain doesn't process perfectly all the time. I make mistakes.
Well, most brains certainly are wrong to some degree. neutral

How so??

Well, I don't know about you, but I know that my brain has been wrong before. neutral  

Lethkhar

NamelessShadowElf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:36 pm
I just want to say, and I will admit I've not read the thread yet and will do so after posting this, that the bible itself isn't as important as most really believe. Yes you Need to read it, but as with any informational text you would rad it is just a spring board for our minds. Think after you read and let your morality, and faith form from your own thoughts and communion with god rather than taking the bible at the only truth there is for any true christian.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff