Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
So you're a streetlight manifesto fan... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:08 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

I believe what he is saying is streetlight is not music, so those who listen to it, don't listen to music, terefor having no taste in music.

either that or he is saying they're not tasty.

either way, calm down. plenty of people don't like Ska for no reason at all(least not any good reasons). I don't yell at them, I just try and get them to goto one of my bands shows. most people who go tend to have fun and end up actually liking it. don't be angry, if you wish for them to change, try getting them to give it a chance, if they did and they dun like it, then obviously just dun talk about it around them.

sure you're ******** cuz them is the ska guild and it is streetlight. but thats besides the point, plenty of more bands to talk about. like Good Clean Fun.

Are you kidding me? You're just not getting it, are you?
I don't care if you don't like Streetlight, that is NOT what this is about. This is NOT about your taste in music, or my taste in music.
What I care about is your CONSTANT disrespect. It's just constant insult on other people because of what they chose to listen to, and it's not right. I could care less if you hate Streetlight, but DON'T tell me I don't have a taste in music because I do. You're being a disrespectful p***k. It's just not right, and I won't just sit back and take it.

If you can't see what's wrong here, then you're extremely dense and I'll just give up trying to get you to understand why this is so wrong and disrespectful.

well I was hoping you'd get that I was kinda bein sarcastic and all, but i guess not. and the a*****e in me wants to say I dun get whats disrespectful. but I'm in a good mood. so yeah, I know, but it is some peoples opinions that anyone who listens to streetlight has no musical taste. why look at 90% of people who listen to them. they generally don't. so maybe he likes to generalize. so you can go and yell at him for not being a true rudie and being prejudice about someone just because the music they listen to. or, you can ignore it, or you can just get over it.

Personally, I have nothing wrong with people liking streetlight, but i have a problem with people treating them like their the best ever, or like thomas is the best musician ever. I would say Frank Leisener or Jeff Rosenstock are both way better musicians, where as thomas seems rather mediocre.

Sorry for the semi-wall-of-text, but I do hope you read this all.

Okay, I feel like I'm repeating myself, but I also feel like you still don't get it. So I'll say it one more time:

This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with him, or you, or anyone not liking this Streetlight. This doesn't even have to do with Streetlight. Just STOP talking about Streetlight, it has NOTHING to do with them. It has nothing to do with Tomas, it has nothing to do with the band. It has nothing to do with their music, or their musical talent.

Okay, is that clear?

With that understood, let me tell you, again, what this is about. This is about you and Slag telling me, and many other people, that we don't have any taste in music. You are REPETITIVELY insulting me, and if you can't see how that's disrespectful, then get checked for downs-syndrome, you might just have it. You are judging and insulting an entire group of people based on ONE band they listen to. Once again, this is EXTREMELY disrespectful, and EXTREMELY ignorant.

Let me repeat another thing that I'm not sure you're understanding:

If you don't like a band, that is FINE. You can insult the band all you want. Call them horrible musicians, say they have bad stage presents, call them fagots, I don't give a s**t. But don't you DARE insult the people who enjoy them for the fact that they enjoy them ("90% of the people who listen to them have no taste in music." What the ******** is that bullshit your saying?). It's ignorant, immature, and disrespectful. There are plenty of people, like myself, who like bands that you hate, but still love every other band that you love. I'm sure you wouldn't like it either if some people just started telling you that you have no taste in music because you listen to some band you like.

And yes, I am pissed off.

And no, I won't calm down. It's very hard for me to calm down when someone insults my passion for music because of one band I like.

from experience, 90% of people here who like them don't listen to ska at all, and all they listen to is pretty much pure ******** s**t. sure the ska kids may listen to em kinda, but most of em don't listen to them too much. the ones that do always tend to be the ******** lil emo kids, who yeah, I'll say have terrible taste in music. cuz they don't know s**t about their"music of choice" 's roots, they call half the s**t punk or hardcore. they listen to bands with not talent at all because they are hot. don't tell me they don't, cuz trust me, I know tons of people who generally listen to bands cuz they're "hot".

anyways, I was kinda agreeing that it was disrespectful and that I wouldn't generalize every streetlight fan, but I guess you choose to ignore that.

also, i say all 3 of us are dicks. but hey who ******** cares. you might be a total d**k online, you might be a d**k offline, but you could still also be respectful and kind. sure that sounds impossible I'm sure. but maybe you could understand it if ya grow up.

I say everyone calms the ******** down already. who cares what someone thinks about your music taste an opinion is an opinion. you shouldn't be so worried about what other people think.

Being a d**k = being disrespectful (at least in this condition). Maybe you could understand it if ya grow up.

I do agree that you two are dicks, though. Good point.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:26 pm
Melomaniacal
Slag10
OH MY GAWD!

You'd think some has stuck their d**k in the mashed potatos with the way this is going!

I had resoved not to contribute anymore to this but lets clear somethings up shall we?

First of all, Im very sorry that so many people got their panties in a soggy knot over a off hand internet joke of modifying something using the quote feature. i figured people would know that this is what we call HUMOR. Cynical and bitter humor, but still not meant to be taken serously none the less. Quit taking things so seriously.

On that note- Ska to the average person my age is ******** joke. Lets face it, most people's idea of ska is influenced by corny 90's thirdwave acts like less than jake etc. Ska as a trend lasted about 6 months, only to be replaced by the week long swing fad. Get it through your heads- To 90% of the world, none of us have any taste. I took alot of s**t at the radio station for being the "ska kid" and i "did not have any taste"

Seriously- Grow up. Someone on the internet made fun of you. you can cry about it, or man up and either ignore it or hit back. I don't plan to change your oppinions; you won't change mine. I'll joke about your taste, and you can go ahead and make fun of mine. Honestly, there are bigger problems than some mean bully making fun of you on the intarwubs.

Haha, you give yourself too much credit. I'm not whining, nor am I being "bullied."
I'm telling you to learn some respect and to not be a p***k. This isn't the first time that you acted like a complete s**t to me, and you weren't "joking" last time.
First off, I don't give a s**t if someone at your little radio station said you have no taste in music. That's no justification for being a p***k. You think that because it was on the internet, it's just completely acceptable? There are times and places on the internet where it would be funny and acceptable, but not in a forum where everyone it supposed to just be sharing/talking about a common interest. And ESPECIALLY not if the person you're "joking" with already doesn't like you from past arguments. If you think that was funny, then you're the one who needs to get a sense of humor. I don't see how me taking offense and getting pisses at your ignorant, douche-bag comment makes me immature. The way I see it, you're a disrespectful, immature, ignorant p***k, and being an disrespectful, immature, ignorant p***k on the internet doesn't make you any less of an disrespectful, immature, ignorant p***k
lol haha etc.

If my story doesn't matter, then you're little pout doesn't matter either. Thank you for proving my point. Now man up.

The common interest of this forum is Ska. If I’m ripping on Streetlight and their silly fan base, it’s still talking about something I’m interested in. I truly love ska music, and I have a great many friends with in this scene who are die hard fans and have devoted untold amounts time into making your scene what it is today. A scene that's being polluted by people who claim to be a apart of this scene and subculture, yet don't know a Skinhead from a Mr. Clean ad. The ignorance of such "rudies" is revolting to me.

While I certainly said you have no taste, I made no personal attacks, but you seem compelled to call me ignorant. Disrespectful, hell yeah, immature? Well I subscribe the philosophies of ALL as laid out by the Bass Master General, and commandment 1 is thou shalt not commit adulthood...oops guess I'm guilty.

Yet, as the head librarian of the Ola Brunkurt Memorial Graphic Research Archive and Discothèque(OBMG-RAD), as well as renowned doctor of mario journalism and expert on linoleum printing theory, I take great offence to you suggesting that I am ignorant, when you can not form a complete sentence.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, ignorance is defined as-

"Destitute of knowledge, either in general or with respect to a particular fact or subject; unknowing, uninformed, unlearned."

What am I so ignorant of? What factual tid-bit have I missed? And the fact that you don’t care does not count, it has been duly noted and considered. Thank you and good day.  

Slag10

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:18 pm
Slag10
Melomaniacal
Slag10
OH MY GAWD!

You'd think some has stuck their d**k in the mashed potatos with the way this is going!

I had resoved not to contribute anymore to this but lets clear somethings up shall we?

First of all, Im very sorry that so many people got their panties in a soggy knot over a off hand internet joke of modifying something using the quote feature. i figured people would know that this is what we call HUMOR. Cynical and bitter humor, but still not meant to be taken serously none the less. Quit taking things so seriously.

On that note- Ska to the average person my age is ******** joke. Lets face it, most people's idea of ska is influenced by corny 90's thirdwave acts like less than jake etc. Ska as a trend lasted about 6 months, only to be replaced by the week long swing fad. Get it through your heads- To 90% of the world, none of us have any taste. I took alot of s**t at the radio station for being the "ska kid" and i "did not have any taste"

Seriously- Grow up. Someone on the internet made fun of you. you can cry about it, or man up and either ignore it or hit back. I don't plan to change your oppinions; you won't change mine. I'll joke about your taste, and you can go ahead and make fun of mine. Honestly, there are bigger problems than some mean bully making fun of you on the intarwubs.

Haha, you give yourself too much credit. I'm not whining, nor am I being "bullied."
I'm telling you to learn some respect and to not be a p***k. This isn't the first time that you acted like a complete s**t to me, and you weren't "joking" last time.
First off, I don't give a s**t if someone at your little radio station said you have no taste in music. That's no justification for being a p***k. You think that because it was on the internet, it's just completely acceptable? There are times and places on the internet where it would be funny and acceptable, but not in a forum where everyone it supposed to just be sharing/talking about a common interest. And ESPECIALLY not if the person you're "joking" with already doesn't like you from past arguments. If you think that was funny, then you're the one who needs to get a sense of humor. I don't see how me taking offense and getting pisses at your ignorant, douche-bag comment makes me immature. The way I see it, you're a disrespectful, immature, ignorant p***k, and being an disrespectful, immature, ignorant p***k on the internet doesn't make you any less of an disrespectful, immature, ignorant p***k
lol haha etc.

If my story doesn't matter, then you're little pout doesn't matter either. Thank you for proving my point. Now man up.

The common interest of this forum is Ska. If I’m ripping on Streetlight and their silly fan base, it’s still talking about something I’m interested in. I truly love ska music, and I have a great many friends with in this scene who are die hard fans and have devoted untold amounts time into making your scene what it is today. A scene that's being polluted by people who claim to be a apart of this scene and subculture, yet don't know a Skinhead from a Mr. Clean ad. The ignorance of such "rudies" is revolting to me.

While I certainly said you have no taste, I made no personal attacks, but you seem compelled to call me ignorant. Disrespectful, hell yeah, immature? Well I subscribe the philosophies of ALL as laid out by the Bass Master General, and commandment 1 is thou shalt not commit adulthood...oops guess I'm guilty.

Yet, as the head librarian of the Ola Brunkurt Memorial Graphic Research Archive and Discothèque(OBMG-RAD), as well as renowned doctor of mario journalism and expert on linoleum printing theory, I take great offence to you suggesting that I am ignorant, when you can not form a complete sentence.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, ignorance is defined as-

"Destitute of knowledge, either in general or with respect to a particular fact or subject; unknowing, uninformed, unlearned."

What am I so ignorant of? What factual tid-bit have I missed? And the fact that you don’t care does not count, it has been duly noted and considered. Thank you and good day.

Real mature, you insulted my non-existent grammatical errors. Oh, then you tried dropping some information, and quoting a dictionary to make yourself seem a bit smarter. Clever. Good job. I could go on about your grammar/spelling mistakes all I wanted, but that's besides the point. So, let's try to avoid making ourselves look like immature pricks, making desperate attempts to insult each other. Sound good?

How are you being ignorant? You just claimed that an entire group (and pretty large group, at that) have no taste in music, and are polluting an entire scene because of one band they listen to. Meanwhile, every single person I know who listens to Streetlight is very well informed on their ska history (I have to admit, that Mr. Clean comment was pretty funny, though). This could be a matter of location, maybe you're just unlucky enough to be near this pollution, maybe I'm just near a better spot. Who knows? But to claim an entire group of ANY people has ANY one trait is ignorant. Then to claim that it's fact is just even more ignorant (you implied that your statements are fact when you asked what facts you are missing).

Here's something I found for you, straight from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary (LOLLOOKHOWSMARTIAM):

a*****e

Main Entry: a**·hole
Pronunciation:
ˈas-ˌ(h)ōl
Function:
noun
Date:
14th century

1) usually vulgar : a**s
2a) usually vulgar : a stupid, incompetent, or detestable person
2b) usually vulgar : the worst place —used in phrases like a*****e of the world

Enjoy that one, I think it suits you well. It really hit the nail on the head. Since I know exactly what you're going to say about that quote, I'll respond to it now.
Desperate attempt to insult you? Nah, I just couldn't have said it better myself.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:42 am
If you had graduated highschool you would know the gold standard for trying to make other people look dumb is the OED, as its unabridged form is made up of almost 24 volumes and contains almost every word used in standard english since the 13th century. This also why it is the only dictionary used in scholarly essays for defining terms aside from ones like "crak-a-lackin'".

also you called me "an disrespectful" and have several sentence fragments and comma splices. please don't make me show them to you

i'd also point out that because you are still arguing with me and flaming me after i have resolved my argument, that you have lost.

User Image

Now, good sir, can we end this? I have work to be doing, and am late for an appointment with my significant other.  

Slag10

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:04 pm
Slag10
If you had graduated highschool you would know the gold standard for trying to make other people look dumb is the OED, as its unabridged form is made up of almost 24 volumes and contains almost every word used in standard english since the 13th century. This also why it is the only dictionary used in scholarly essays for defining terms aside from ones like "crak-a-lackin'".

also you called me "an disrespectful" and have several sentence fragments and comma splices. please don't make me show them to you

i'd also point out that because you are still arguing with me and flaming me after i have resolved my argument, that you have lost.

User Image

Now, good sir, can we end this? I have work to be doing, and am late for an appointment with my significant other.

Typo, look it up. I still won't bother pointing out your mistakes, it's irrelevant (but don't think they aren't there). I'll gladly point them out if you'd like, but I'm sure you don't care.
There is no winner or loser, you know that.

Okay, here's the deal. You're a ******** p***y. You whine and complain over some kids "polluting your scene." How about this: grow the ******** up, it's music. Listen to what you feel like because you like it, not because of it's part of a scene. Quit being a crying b***h because a few people you don't like listen to a band you don't like. You don't own the genre, and anyone can listen to it. Who gives a s**t if they're "posers," or any other s**t you can come up with. I think you'll live. Maybe if you'd get your head OUT of the high school mentality, you would get over this whole scene bullshit. It's incredibly immature.

...and you haven't resolved s**t, but it's okay, you can ignore everything I say and claim to have "won." Don't even bother making points anymore, in fact, because you "resolved" it. You're a winner, buddy. Good job. You can pull your head out of your a** now.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:09 pm
Melomaniacal
Slag10

User Image

Typo, look it up. I still won't bother pointing out your mistakes, it's irrelevant (but don't think they aren't there). I'll gladly point them out if you'd like, but I'm sure you don't care.

Okay, here's the deal. You're a ******** p***y. You whine and complain over some kids "polluting your scene." How about this: grow the ******** up, it's music. Listen to what you feel like because you like it, not because of it's part of a scene. Quit being a crying b***h because a few people you don't like listen to a band you don't like. You don't own the genre, and anyone can listen to it. Who gives a s**t if they're "posers," or any other s**t you can come up with. I think you'll live. Maybe if you'd get your head OUT of the high school mentality, you would get over this whole scene bullshit. It's incredibly immature.

...and you haven't resolved s**t, but it's okay, you can ignore everything I say and claim to have "won." Don't even bother making points anymore, in fact, because you "resolved" it. You're a winner, buddy. Good job. You can pull your head out of your a** now.

But he's the jauggernaut b***h.

I don't think you understand.

Anyways, I like that you gave up on me. I suppose its because I tend to be right a lot, cuz I'm not retarded. Oh, and don't tell me to grow up, I am pretty sure I can figure out what a d**k is, s**t so can lets see... everyone? Yeah. Growing up would be learning to deal with them, which you obviously need to do.

Also, you both need to chill the ******** out, no one cares who wins or loses, its the ******** internet. Don't call someone a p***y, why? Its the internet, calling someone a p***y on the internet makes you one pretty much, unless it is for reasons such as them being afraid of the dark.

Anyways, Less Than Jakes new CD is gonna be out eventually. I think it'll be pretty awesome, and a new song is up on their site from the CD. its got a lot more horns than like the entirety of the last album, In With the Out Crowd, so it seems the CD should be better.  

Guns of Navarone

Slag10

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:39 am
so yeah, the ska weekend line up is pretty odd this year. only big name thus far is Bigger Thomas. anyone else going this year?  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:18 pm
Slag10
so yeah, the ska weekend line up is pretty odd this year. only big name thus far is Bigger Thomas. anyone else going this year?

Bigger Thomas is a big name? lol.  

Guns of Navarone

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:36 pm
highschool football heroes. a ton of georgia bands like Taj Motel Trio, disregardables, and 50:50 shot.
chase long beach
matt wixson.

I forget what else but yeah. it seems like a good show. could use some florida in there lol.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:31 pm
Guns of Navarone
Slag10

Bigger Thomas is a big name? lol.
exactly. but BT used to have more of a following several years ago though...Big Ben did say there are 4 spots he hasnt anounced yet though. odds are some heavyweights will be in that anouncement  

Slag10

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:31 pm
Oh I forgot fatter than albert.

in general, I'd love to go, theres a couple bands I'd love to see, like fatter than albert cuz they're always fun. HSFH should be interesting, surprised they're even playing lol. Taj Motel Trio is amazing. I really wanna see Chase Long Beach cuz they seem to not be coming to florida any time soon. and plus it'd be fun to see Matt Wixson. guess he finally got a car after workin in ******** walmart. lol. couple of bands I'd like to check out live like hub city stompers, manic sewing circle, and royal city riot

the flyer is up on the myspace now. seems there 4 big names are HSFH, TTMT, Stuck Lucky, and the Hits.

oh and apparently now marx revolution are playing ska weekend. they're pretty ******** awesome aswell.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:30 pm
all those bands were in the last two announcements. unless Big Ben has lied to us, there's four more slots. which makes sense to me as this is a smaller line up than last year.  

Slag10

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:28 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Slag10

User Image

But he's the jauggernaut b***h.

I don't think you understand.

Anyways, I like that you gave up on me. I suppose its because I tend to be right a lot, cuz I'm not retarded. Oh, and don't tell me to grow up, I am pretty sure I can figure out what a d**k is, s**t so can lets see... everyone? Yeah. Growing up would be learning to deal with them, which you obviously need to do.

Also, you both need to chill the ******** out, no one cares who wins or loses, its the ******** internet. Don't call someone a p***y, why? Its the internet, calling someone a p***y on the internet makes you one pretty much, unless it is for reasons such as them being afraid of the dark.

Anyways, Less Than Jakes new CD is gonna be out eventually. I think it'll be pretty awesome, and a new song is up on their site from the CD. its got a lot more horns than like the entirety of the last album, In With the Out Crowd, so it seems the CD should be better.

Well I wasn't really ever talking to you, you just kinda involved yourself.

But yeah, I'll gladly end this. I've said all I want to say, even if 90% of it was ignored.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:47 pm
lol wut?  

Slag10

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:23 pm
I'm going for Fatter than ******** hometown heroes.
I love them so much.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces