Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Music Discussion
MCR, anyone? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MCR:
  Rocks!
  Sucks!
View Results

II Bernard II

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:58 am
Rellik Chan
benjinoel
Rellik San
benjinoel
could someone just kindly remind me why we're arguing?? if u don't like mcr that's your choice.

Its not arguing, because we haven't insulted each other. We're actually debating the mass appeal of a band, that has the music community on a whole divided into 'love 'em' or 'hate 'em' groups. Your putting forward the idea they are popular because of musical prowess and charisma, I'm putting forward the idea that they are popular, because they are selling a particular type of image and style to the youth of today.

What we're having, in albeit a kind of childish way, is a proper, intelligent debate, on a subject as vacuous as a popular band. smile

question question ...as i'd tell seniore..."if you say so."...i did feel bad for being called a teenie...i like other bands ya know...and no i don't think gerard is hott. my hero-yes-...hott...no. and the one remark something about everybody wanting to do them....was just mean. or that's what i thought anyway.

Teenie - Ok that can come across as a little condescending, but was used to further a point. You can't against the fact, that a large, somewhere between 85% - 90% of their fans are what would normally be considered teenie boppers (man thats an archaic term).

I Never said you don't like other bands.

As for everyone wanting to do them because they are 'hot' again that comes down to 85% - 90% of their fans being like that, its based on a generalisation, a very very accurate one, but still generalisation.

As for Gerard being your hero, I just personally don't see why? He's arrogant, self absorbed and has little to no originality.

gerard has been through some s**t in his life that i understand and in fact have seen and been through as well. he's done drugs and has cleaned himself up which a lot of my friends are trying to do. he remembered to make a song for 9.11 which is a day that i'll never forget. his grandma's death didn't stop him and there are days that i just cry remembering how Hope didn't even get to see her 17 bday. she never got to take the rest of the pssa's and this year she doesn't get to graduate with her class. so why would someone who was so nice to EVERYONE have to die? she could have done so much for this corupt world. why did i get the chance to graduate last year and can go to college? what makes me so special? i don't really know. but gerard taught me to remember Hope. to remember all that she was and did. to NOT just forget her. no one else ever put it to me that way. it was always just mornful to talk about her. and i don't know about you, but i don't have a big family with ppl coming and going all the time. the family that is still alive i've decided to have nothing to do with them because there on my fathers side of the family and i hate them. i just fell better knowing that there's ppl out there who know what it's like to live alone or be alone and to shout loud and clear that your not afraid to live and do what you want no matter what ppl say. if you knew anything about gerard you'd know that he wasn't one of the popular kids in school. and that ppl started s**t just to be mean. that he was an outcast. which is what i was. yes i have friends. but we're not the cheerleaders or the jocks or the class clowns. and dear i think your confusing self-isolation with self absorbed arrogance to personalilty and that you think he has little to no originality means you must be a prep. that's exactly what they said to us in school. we were never to good. never dressed right. never enough money. always in the way. and always causing probems.

if you don't like mcr, the band or gerard fine. but there are lots of ppl out there that feel the same like me. and no i don't belive that 80-90% of the ppl that like him are teenies. you're just running into the wrong ppl. we don't care what-how or who he does just as long as he's doing what he feels needs to be done. and i think anyone that doesn't like him just because you think he's gay is just retarded. why would it matter what his preferece is. or is it cuz your jealous?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:04 pm
eri x core
Rellik Chan
User Image

I rest my case. smile

I loled.
I still have stitches in my mouth from my surgery and laughing made me hurt.
But it was worth it.

so like, are u jealous he'd rather do a dude than u? why do u care what he likes for if u don't even like him??

User Image  

II Bernard II

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:16 pm
benjinoel
eri x core
Rellik Chan
User Image

I rest my case. smile

I loled.
But it was worth it.

so like, are u jealous he'd rather do a dude than u? why do u care what he likes for if u don't even like him??

User Image

Whats wrong, I poke fun at Bruce Dickinson and I worship him. So of course I'm going to laugh at Gerard Way, the difference between you and me, music is something I enjoy, music is your entire life.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:42 pm
Rellik San
benjinoel
eri x core
Rellik Chan
User Image

I rest my case. smile

I loled.
But it was worth it.

User Image

Whats wrong, I poke fun at Bruce Dickinson and I worship him. So of course I'm going to laugh at Gerard Way, the difference between you and me, music is something I enjoy, music is your entire life.
apparently 1 band is his entire life.  

The Dadalorian
Crew

Eri Luvs You
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:01 pm
benjinoel
eri x core
Rellik Chan
User Image

I rest my case. smile

I loled.
But it was worth it.

User Image

Ew...Why would I EVER be jealous.
I would never do him.
I'd kill myself if i woke up next to him.
I can do SOOOO much better.
Your last sentence doesnt make sense.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:43 pm
i ******** love MCR they are the best! and idc wat u ppl think bc i like them XD  

emo_music_fan

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:24 am
emo_music_fan
i ******** love MCR they are the best! and idc wat u ppl think bc i like them XD

Why are they the best, what elevates these upstarts beyond the levels of Iron Maiden, The Beatles, John Lennon (solo stuff), Elvis, Ozzy Osbourne and Frank Sinatra?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:29 am
Rellik San
emo_music_fan

Why are they the best, what elevates these upstarts beyond the levels of Iron Maiden, The Beatles, John Lennon (solo stuff), Elvis, Ozzy Osbourne and Frank Sinatra?

Why can you not spell correctly?
Did you not finish elementary school?
Or are you still in it?  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:36 pm
eri x core
Rellik San
emo_music_fan

Or are you still in it?
lol it made it look like you were talking to rellik cause you quoted him  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:27 pm
Soviet Mudkipz
eri x core
Rellik San
emo_music_fan

Or are you still in it?

Oops, Well I ment to put:
"And another thing,"
In front of all that...as to add a question to his question, but then I got lazy and didnt want to edit it.
So there.
I know Relik PWNDZ at Engrish(Misspelled on purpose)  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:54 pm
eri x core
Soviet Mudkipz
eri x core
Rellik San
emo_music_fan

Or are you still in it?

Oops, Well I ment to put:
"And another thing,"
In front of all that...as to add a question to his question, but then I got lazy and didnt want to edit it.
So there.
I know Relik PWNDZ at Engrish(Misspelled on purpose)
pooblik skewl werkd fer me  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:01 am
i Got EDgikated tIl ElMANTRY sKOOL.
mY mOm fUkd mi teechur.
I gOT Ays  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:43 pm
eri x core
i Got EDgikated tIl ElMANTRY sKOOL.