Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Asian Smartness Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miyavi San

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:51 pm
In some ways it doesnt matter to my parents.

Its like this:

Whenever it comes to marks or homeowkr or tests, I get pretty low marks sometimes (often B) bbuuttt...
when it comes to a situation like a friend is doing a question to test us, I outsmart everyone o.o I dont do well on test but I actually know alot and..you know : O I wouldnt get yelled at unless I failed the course which i dont..ever, I always make a come back : D  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:06 pm
My mom used to yell at me for getting B's that soon those B's became C's... I became so depressed afterwards that my friends thought I was suicidal...  

Trick Larken

insert weird name

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:05 pm
today my mom was yelling at another asian driver, for taking
too long to back her car up in a parking space.
rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:24 pm
qingqi-
today my mom was yelling at another asian driver, for taking
too long to back her car up in a parking space.
rofl

some people are just catious o.o then again, how long?  

Miyavi San

.S.a.n.g.e.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:26 am

I got Excellence Awards in all of my classes this year, but I ended up with a 92% in one of my classes because the final was totally irrelevant to the study guide. My mom gave me this huge lecture on how teachers expect GOOD students to review everything and not just what is on the study guide, and how only SUBSTANTIAL students only review what is given. Then she started going on about how a 94% was the lowest acceptable grade, even though they all show up as "A" on the final report card. gonk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:24 am
makes you wonder have they achieve that high before o.o I mean...if they didnt, who the hell are they to say? our parents yeah but they should be proud that their child is getting a high mark. If they are, well were not them..technically or we just students. They should at LEAST give em a break (kitkat anyone?) and be proud of them, whats better anyway, a 92% or less?  

Miyavi San

enemene

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:48 am
i get all A's in my Advance Advace classes...they say i have a very high IQ  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:30 am
ughh @ asian parents.

I normally get really high marks in science and language arts (somewhere in the high 90s), but my averages in math, history, and foreign language are really dropping (low 90s).
When I got my last report card, I burst into tears because I had a 92% in foreign language and in math. neutral I was so humiliated because like, all of my family was there to congratulate me on another quarter well done.
But then in like, big huge letters it read "A-" and I swear everyone looked at me either like this: neutral or like this: gonk

I was so disappointed in myself. I begged my mom to take me to summer courses, but she was like, "NO" because they were in Mexico...??? For some reason? Yeah.

And my parents gave me this hour-long lecture about how I need to "buckle down" and really really study harder for next year, it being my last year of middle school. They were like, "You need to get in gear, young woman. GET. IN. GEAR. Do you know how important your grades are right now? (I replied saying, 'Uh. So I can be rich when I get older..?') NO. BECAUSE YOU BEING EXTRA SMART SAVES. US. MONEY. SAVES US THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS EVERY YEAR!"

I go to a private school, because my parents really hate public schools. Think they are disgusting and violent, even though I think private schools are worse. C: They want me to earn a scholarship for highschool, but that's like, ew, because I never feel like studying that hard.

GO!GO!povo

demonic_angelz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:25 am
man...at school all my friends call me a science nerd... crying
waaa i'm not a nerd!! i just get good marks!! like A+ and A

*sniff* and they call me a computer geek.....(I'M NOT A GEEK!)

yep...my parents also get really angry and disappointed if i get lower than a B+ ... crying

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:47 pm
all the time! i hate it, it just means im rele hard on myself all the time and ppl are like - thats not a bad mark and im like yeh, u tell my mum that...

heart domokun heart domokun heart  

Chexi

thejrockstar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:41 pm
lol dunno why...my friends say that 80% is like an asian-pass...in other words 79% is an asian fail lol....but in my parents' eyes they do think that way and they say if i don't get an 85% average this semester i have to pay for the i pod i just bought sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:15 am
My parents don't really care much on grades, well they do, but not much... If i get bad grades all they do is tell me not use the computer too much, don't stay late or study more ^^ in a medium tone.  

1-TRUE-SH4WTY

2,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200

wiz_chan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:30 pm
my parents are pretty ok... as long as I don't get a C... but my high school is kinda hard crying

they xpect me to do well in english and math because i did well in my previous grades... and so when I got a B and C... they got kinda mad razz  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:36 pm
My parents used get mad at me for making A- too!
But ever since I got my older cousin to explain how much harder AP classes are, they've been ok with my 92's and 90's.

But I think in high school, a lot of parents get tense about their kid's grade. My high school is very competitive and if the parents aren't on their kid's case about grades, then it's making varsity sports teams next year/ winning state championships.

So, really, its not just Asians when it comes to High school grades. A lot of parents are pushing their kids to be perfect in school because parents are mislead into thinking that perfect grades=ivy league school=successful life.  

eegybur

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces