Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:45 am
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]

Also, My friend had to get his jacket taken away because it said "My chemical romance" (the band) and they said that it "Encourages drugs and suicidal" I was bewildered with that one, but yea. My school is Lame.

Oh, Yea, And if the school finds out that you're a lesbian or bi, you get called to the office for counseling for a whole week, on trying to turn you strait.

I'd have called him to the office on principle of it being an MCR shirt and encouraging bad musical taste. Honestly, just ask them this one word question "How?" because they'll give you a do as your told speech, you answer simply "Why?" they'll tell you its following certain rules at which point you ask the following questions:
Where does it say that in the rules, why aren't people in 50 cent shirts called up for encouraging gang violence and drug abuse, why are they commiting acts of social discrimination and that unless they can find irrefutable evidence to back up their ludicrous claims then claim the 5th... I have no idea what the 5th is, but I know you yanks are big on claiming it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:50 am
Actually re-reading all you supposedly intelligent people have to go through and b***h about. I have to ask... how do you not understand how to fight this yet? You use the rules to back them up, point out, they can't do anything to you unless its for something stated specifically in the rules, they can not enforce anything they decide on a whim and to do so is actually illegal and a violation of your human rights.

How do you people not actually get this? This is like rebellion 101, use the same rules designed to limit you, against the people who made them.  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:51 pm
Rellik San
Actually re-reading all you supposedly intelligent people have to go through and b***h about. I have to ask... how do you not understand how to fight this yet? You use the rules to back them up, point out, they can't do anything to you unless its for something stated specifically in the rules, they can not enforce anything they decide on a whim and to do so is actually illegal and a violation of your human rights.

How do you people not actually get this? This is like rebellion 101, use the same rules designed to limit you, against the people who made them.
I think people probably posted before they figured all that out. I probably posted things too that I've figured out by now, or that I don't agree with anymore. (I know I did somewhere.... xp )

Not sure how many people will come back to a thread and refute their previous claims or say they've changed opinions.... confused  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:59 pm
Well I'm just thinking about how many times this sort of discussion crops up everywhere and people don't seem to grasp the basic fundamentals of being how to defend their individuality from the powers that be. :S  

Rellik San
Crew

Teachidoll

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:14 am
My school's rediculous they will send you to the office if you're waering a tank top of pajama bottoms yet they allow girls to walk aruond showing their cleavege tight pants and shirts.They need to change the dress code.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:53 pm
Rellik San
I'd have called him to the office on principle of it being an MCR shirt and encouraging bad musical taste. Honestly, just ask them this one word question "How?" because they'll give you a do as your told speech, you answer simply "Why?" they'll tell you its following certain rules at which point you ask the following questions:
Where does it say that in the rules, why aren't people in 50 cent shirts called up for encouraging gang violence and drug abuse, why are they commiting acts of social discrimination and that unless they can find irrefutable evidence to back up their ludicrous claims then claim the 5th... I have no idea what the 5th is, but I know you yanks are big on claiming it.
It's a reference to the 5th amendment to the US constitution. Basically, saying that you won't say anything on the chance that it'll discriminate against you.

Very.Slowly.Dying.

Sugar Tree

Eloquent Bloodsucker

11,400 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Satan on Speed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:16 pm
My highschool was fairly relaxed. Even if you have a violation, they generally just ask you to cover it up.

It's a small beach community, so skimpy outfits do happen. The only problem is when you dress differently in a school of 300 students you stand out more than anyone else. Even if your corset shows less cleavage than some cheerleader's tank top, you're going to have something said to you first if they say anything to the other at all.

Chains and dog collars are against the written dresscode, but the students gave me more flack than the teachers who never said a word. I actually had a teacher defend my wearing a cat collar to a student once...i've worn all that, pink hair, multiple piercings, red cat-eye contacts, all the works.

The only incident I really had was when I did the running eyeliner and mouth stitches for Friday the 13th one year. They asked me to wash it off, I told them it doesn't come off with just water and that I was allergic to the soap they had, so I still got to wear my makeup all day.
That was mostly the frumpy vice principal's doing, though. I did have to talk to the principle but all he did was say "Only one day a year for this, Halloween or Friday the 13th. Your pick." And we can wear full on costumes on Halloween and for certain events during spirit week.

A friend of mine wore an MCR sweater, and had to take it off because it had guns on the back. Another guy I know was wearing a shirt for the band Cheap Sex and had to put a sticky note over the word Sex.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:16 pm
My school is ridiculously relaxed, as dress codes are concerned. I mean, the dress code is there, but never enforced. I'm told to take my hats off occasionally (only ever the full-sized ones, and even then, some of them are overlooked), but that's about it. Generally speaking though, flamboyant as my clothes are, I'm never really breaking any rules.

However, a few years back I had a transparent plastic skirt on, over jeans. It was a souvenir from a robotics tournament, it was actually an inflatable tube. However, at the tournament, the girls started wearing the deflated tubes as skirts. I brought mine home and wore it to school on several occasions, always over pants. One day, a substitute teacher stopped me in the hall to inform me that I was dressed inappropriately. When I asked why, he responded that my skirt was see-through, and therefore not appropriate. I couldn't help but laugh, before pointing out that his point was moot, as all you can see through the skirt was my jeans. So if displaying jeans was inappropriate, then the whole school was technically in violation.

...the man left me alone, after that.  

Megumi Selwyn

DeletedForGood103013

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:12 am
That is nothing
Ive been writtin up for more worse things like getting into fights, starting a food fight in the cafeteria and doing some graffitte on the bathroom walls but i NEVER, i say NEVER wash my f***** face when they tell me too! I say in the princepels face 'HEY! ITS MY FACE, I CAN DO WHAT THE ***** I WANT TO!!!'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:31 pm
Well I just graduated this year and my senior year was not all that fun with a new dress code. Which had us in polos/collared/turtlenecks/oxford style shirts in green, white, blue, yellow, or black. Pants in black, khaki, or dark blue. Belts in any color but no adornments or studs (which changed mid year). So it was fun finding the loop holes but mid year they changed the rules mainly due to me and my friend who was metal head. I wore striped socks, legging, armwarmers, some chained necklaces for him it was chain link to his wallet. And variety of make up. By mid year they changed the rules to solid color leggings in the pants colors along with stocking. Sock in any kind were ok so that was still fun. Over all instead of complaining about the rules just look for loopholes or point out the facts of what you can do. I do feel bad for the underclassemen I'm leaving because now they say you can only wear light makeup solid color socks.  

NekoYasha09er

Sautana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:44 am
*sigh* unfortunately for me we wear a uniform and my school is VERY strict with the dress code scream scream scream  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:35 am
At this one school in my town, you can't wear "armwarmers" because they are "gang related"..... -_- dead serious.... my poor friend Shadow graduated from that school luckily. Another friend of mine goes there currently, last year, a boy was sent to the priciples office for wearing black eyeliner... it's a public school for crying out loud.
At another school, he was in middle school at the time, my friend Zack was suspended for putting a light blonde streak in his hair.
At all the schools, all shirts have to have sleeves, no matter how wide the straps are....
makes me wonder why they don't target the sluts with the tight white shirts on where you can see every detail of all the multicolored stars on their white bra underneath -_-
you also can't wear anything with chains or spikes on it, even if they are rubber or can't come off......  

Angel of the End

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:01 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
I've seen some stupid stuff in my day in school, but another thing I've been subjected too.

I work in the office in my school. I do proctor work 7th hour (phone, deliver passes/mail/packages, sorting materials, anything asked of me really). I enjoy it, it's fun and something to do.

But one day, some man came into the school (I later learned out more about him). He started talking to me about how my clothes are trash and that they should not be allowed in school. About how my friends should be kicked out because we encourage drugs and violence. That we are the worst kind of trash to walk around that school. I was just wearing my black and green stich trip pants and my plain Rammstein t-shirt. I just looked at him and said, "Sir, actually, we have some of the best grades too. Or how about the fact most of us help out clean up trash for the janitors? Or how we sometimes even help teachers whenever they ask us?" Kristy, told the man to leave (head office lady), and she looked at me and asked, "How did you not get angry at him?"

OH! I was furious. I just did not want to get arrested for beating him...The thing is, that sort of stuff is said to a lot of people I know, and we don't cause trouble. We are very friendly and don't run around messing with people. All the staff loves me, and know me very well.

But it's like, just because we stick out a bit more, makes us the worser of all? It's annoying to me how this happens. I honestly have found it is a lot better to counter rude comments with stuff that is good about who is being made fun of. Beating them no longer works in this world, it's better just to convince them they are wrong and they leave it be, most of the time.

That's good she told him to leave.... really, from the sounds of it, he just had never obviously been exposed to people of our kind... And I'm happy you bit your tongue and were so kind to him.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:48 pm
lmao back in jr high i had black nail polish on meh............they called my mom to bring nail polish remover =p.......then the next year i put on my eyeliner and i get my back pack emptied.............aaand searched me pockets 4 makeup...............facist school board system douche bags =p  

anti-cool=]

Rainbow Shrapnel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:41 am
HOWDAREYOUNOTLOOKJUSTLIKEEVERYONEELSE!?!?!??!!?

I always noticed that preps almost never got in trouble for breaking dress code.

My high school was amazing for having no dress code. There was one girl in particular that really exemplified this. Her hair was, on average, two different unnatural colors. At one point she shaved half her head. 3 facial piercings. Wore miniminiminiskirts and shirts that had giant rips all over, giving you a nice view of what kind of bra she was wearing that day. Had a pair of jeans with the a** ripped out.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff