Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Book Discussions. [This is related to P!ATD, I swear!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jenny without sound

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:19 pm
HAY!
scream

rofl, just kidding.
HAUNTED IS TOO LONG FOR ME TO FINISH.
-dies-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:09 pm
I thought Choke was going to be too long for me to finish. I think that was the longest book I've ever read. Seriously. gonk

PrimeRibby
Captain

jenny without sound

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:23 pm
o___o;
You don't even read Harry Potter?!
YOU CRAZY!

My friend said Nails For Breakfast.. is based off of Choke.
And it kind of makes sense even though I didn't finish reading. XD;
Like, didn't it say something about his mom's diary and how that lady thinks he sounds like the son of God or something?
And how he goes to the hospice or whatever and he talks with those old ladies and on a first name basis with them.. and yeah.
I THOUGHT IT WAS COOL.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:29 pm
jenny without sound
o___o;
You don't even read Harry Potter?!
YOU CRAZY!

My friend said Nails For Breakfast.. is based off of Choke.
And it kind of makes sense even though I didn't finish reading. XD;
Like, didn't it say something about his mom's diary and how that lady thinks he sounds like the son of God or something?
And how he goes to the hospice or whatever and he talks with those old ladies and on a first name basis with them.. and yeah.
I THOUGHT IT WAS COOL.

I started reading the first book once. Then I decided it was too long. But, I watch all the movies. Just so I can see that hawt kid. xD Mm.

I don't see how "Nails" was based off of Choke. O.o

Ryan has said that "Nails" is based off of his father, similar to Camisado.

PrimeRibby
Captain

jenny without sound

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:18 pm
WUT HAWT KID?!#*(@&@$

SongMeanings.net by frred
I think that- if it IS another Palahniuk referencing song- its more like "Choke". Theres just certian parts that remind me of it... the references to God like "Was it God who chokes in these situations?" is like when the main character thinks that he might be the son of Jesus.
The references to the hospice match with how he visits his mother in her dementia hospice, and she is "on first name basis" with who he thinks is the top physician there. He also teases the patients and plays along with them, thinking he is "a cut above the rest".
"Alone in this bed" is maybe a reference to the fact he is trying to quit his sex addiction. "she never fixes this" is a reference to his disfunctional relationship with his mother.
Also, the title "Nails for breakfast and tacks for snacks" reminded me of the fact that he would go out to eat every night and "choke" on his food so that someone would "save his life". It also reminded me of his little encounter where he got a ball stuck up his a** n everything backed up into his gut and was very painful!
Ah well theres my insight

It made some sense to me XD;

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:14 pm
jenny without sound
WUT HAWT KID?!#*(@&@$

SongMeanings.net by frred
I think that- if it IS another Palahniuk referencing song- its more like "Choke". Theres just certian parts that remind me of it... the references to God like "Was it God who chokes in these situations?" is like when the main character thinks that he might be the son of Jesus.
The references to the hospice match with how he visits his mother in her dementia hospice, and she is "on first name basis" with who he thinks is the top physician there. He also teases the patients and plays along with them, thinking he is "a cut above the rest".
"Alone in this bed" is maybe a reference to the fact he is trying to quit his sex addiction. "she never fixes this" is a reference to his disfunctional relationship with his mother.
Also, the title "Nails for breakfast and tacks for snacks" reminded me of the fact that he would go out to eat every night and "choke" on his food so that someone would "save his life". It also reminded me of his little encounter where he got a ball stuck up his a** n everything backed up into his gut and was very painful!
Ah well theres my insight

It made some sense to me XD;

Yes, that sounds like it fits. Maybe he had some inspiration from it? Who knows, you know? But, I've actually heard Ryan say at sometime that Nails and Camisado are based off of his childhood with his father.

The title part, I know that's not why the title is called "Nails for Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks." The line, "Nails for breakfast, tacks for snacks," is that something that Ryan's father used to say to him when he was a kid when he wanted him to toughen up. Like, "Oh, why don't you go eat some nails for breakfast and tacks for snacks to toughen up?!" The band thought it was funny when Ryan told them that, so they used it as a song title. Brendon has explained that in an interview. xD

I could attempt looking for it, if you really wanted me to.

PrimeRibby
Captain

jenny without sound

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:51 pm
If it's not much of a hassle, I'd love to read it. heart

That's so sad. ;o;
Ryan's so adorable.
I'm having a little teenie moment, but...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww~
He's not tough enough, sorry. xD
He seems to me really gentle and nice and practically the epitome of the man of my dreams.
-drools-

rofl

I SWEAR, I'M JUST PMSING.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:02 am
Okay, I will to try look for it. It's actually a video. surprised

LOL@RYAN'SCUTENESS.

PrimeRibby
Captain

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:34 am
Jenny! I'm having issues finding it. Help me look. It's really old - like when Ryan still had the bob haircut.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:15 am
Wow this is a good thread for me. I love to read!

I've been meaning to read some of Palahniuk's books... but they're hard to come by. I searched limewire once to see if it was possible to download a book, even though reading one from a screen would totally kill my eyes xp

But alas, no where to be found. The English section in the library here is like.. one shelf sweatdrop

Oh and I want to see that interview surprised heart

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:26 pm
Polyphonic Twilight

I've been meaning to read some of Palahniuk's books... but they're hard to come by. I searched limewire once to see if it was possible to download a book, even though reading one from a screen would totally kill my eyes xp

But alas, no where to be found. The English section in the library here is like.. one shelf sweatdrop

What country are you in? O.o

I can't find it anywhere. crying I'll keep an eye out for it.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:12 pm
WHOA, THIS THREAD LIVES!*($&#($&

I'm patiently waiting for the new Palahniuk book to fall into my hands.
2 out of 7 holds! scream

AWWW.

Well, I'm also reading this other book. It sounds really lame, and I thought it was at first, but it's pretty good. It's by an Austrailian author named Markus Zusak (I believe) and it's called I Am The Messenger. blaugh

jenny without sound

Bilvy

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:28 pm
I reeeaaally want to read one of Chuck Palahniuk's books so badly, but sadly I go to a junior high/elementary school so I don't think that they would order books not so appropriate for our age range and make us read them.
xp
So I'm hoping that they'd have one of his books in the high school and if they don't,
THEN IT IS TIME TO GET A LIBRARY CARD!  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:59 am
`PrimeRib
Polyphonic Twilight

Belgium 3nodding
(Didn't I mention that in the into thread? I think I did. I guess you missed it xp That's ok 3nodding xp )

If you can't find it that's okay, I'll live. But if anyone does happen to see it.. please post a link! xp

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:02 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
`PrimeRib
Polyphonic Twilight

Belgium 3nodding
(Didn't I mention that in the into thread? I think I did. I guess you missed it xp That's ok 3nodding xp )

If you can't find it that's okay, I'll live. But if anyone does happen to see it.. please post a link! xp

I'm sorry. D= I really did read the whole thing. It's just hard to remember the differences between 262 members sometimes. D=

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff