Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Favorite Type? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

flexistential crisis

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:45 am
I like the whole "complete strangers" thing. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:34 pm
Montesorri
>3< omgosh
BONDAGE in annyyy manga or fanfiction is what i love the most; dirty talk, rape, stuff like that~
Sometimes biting >3< but thats only cause im reading Vampire Knighton the side XDDD
I'd have to say that 'The Seduction of Urameshi Yusuke' on fanfiction.net and 'Kimi de Oboreta Ato Wa' on mangafox.com really sum's up my addictions quite well xd

Yes, yes, yes! I agree with everything you just said! heart  

Lum Cheng

User_2629207

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:14 pm
I. L. Malphas
Miss Sushii
Oh dear.. um... I like both fluff and hardcore yaoi ^^;; The best being something in between, maybe just leaning a bit more towards the hardcore side *KEKEKE*

I also like agressive yaoi! Like, slamming eachother into walls etc.
and then having sex.
Possibly against the wall.
*squeal*
Kinky stuff, bondage and fetishes (like nurse fetishes.... mmmm) I like tragedies as well, even though it's so depressing, IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL.

I'm also a big boss/employee fan, especially if there are suits involved.

heart

I also prefer both parties being out of their teens.
Rulin' ya universes...

3nodding I agree! Suits=Super-moe element ^^ And I also prefer it if they're not teenagers...I kinda like glasses, too... Like in Kichiku Megane!

I'm also starting to like fantasy/supernatural-theme yaoi more and more, such as Crimson Spell and Dokunoaji. Like, dragons and swords and epic battles! (haha) Oh, and really funny comedies where both parties are in denial, like 50/50 and Close the Last Door <3

I'm surprised that there isn't much vampire yaoi out there! I really want to read a really good vampire yaoi so if anyone can recommend one for me that'd be great smile sans girly uke, preferably.
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:49 am
Miss Sushii
Rulin' ya universes...

3nodding I agree! Suits=Super-moe element ^^ And I also prefer it if they're not teenagers...I kinda like glasses, too... Like in Kichiku Megane!

I'm also starting to like fantasy/supernatural-theme yaoi more and more, such as Crimson Spell and Dokunoaji. Like, dragons and swords and epic battles! (haha) Oh, and really funny comedies where both parties are in denial, like 50/50 and Close the Last Door <3

I'm surprised that there isn't much vampire yaoi out there! I really want to read a really good vampire yaoi so if anyone can recommend one for me that'd be great smile sans girly uke, preferably.
...since 1992.

I haven't seen much vampire yaoi, either, so I had to resort to Google even to name some. Alas, I won't have the chance tonight to weed out the ones with girly uke characters. So all that said, you've probably run across and eliminated some of them already, but here are the ones I've found so far: Risky Crime (one-shot), Akai Hana (one-shot), Kyuuketsuki no Shouzou (2 volumes, and I'm pretty sure it's been released in English under the title "Vampire's Portrait"), Necratoholic (don't know how many chapters/volumes), and Bad Moon (another one-shot).

And until I reread your post, I was totally about to recommend Crimson Spell, even though it's a general fantasy yaoi and has no vampires, as far as I've read... sweatdrop Can we say short attention span? (Good series, though... heart )

EDIT: I feel like I went a bit off-topic with the above, now that I've slept on it, so just to be sure, here's something I like that I think only one other person has mentioned so far.

It's not exactly a "type" or subgenre of yaoi or shounen ai, but I like when the guys in a couple are pretty much opposites of each other personality-wise - it can make for hilarity and surprises in and out of bed and it can be very heartwarming when they discover how similar they are beyond all the differences (if that makes sense). Just to be clear, I'm not talking about "masculine seme" and "feminine uke" - it's more like "the bad boy who likes to play hooky" and "the straight-A student". That sort of thing. heart  

Lum Cheng

Usami Keita

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:39 pm
Those stories in high school, where theses this person with glasses, is either the president or really smart, or just average. And another who's good-looking, either smart or popular/sportive and they somehow get together. XD It's SO cliche but I love it. <3  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:59 pm
I love the 'I hate you but I love you types' it just makes the 'get-together' all the sweeter to me, but I also have to say that I like the 'forbidden love' too. One wanting the other but knowing that it will bring danger that could possibally destroy them in the making.

But every now and then when I have a little craving for something that will rot my sweet tooth I like to read fluff too, It's so cute! heart  

Elliptic Sin

3,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

shiri_dragon

Fashionable Gaian

6,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:16 pm
I like the 'ZOMG, you've loved me this whole time?!?' moments. And I also like the 'I need to top/bottom something and you're the first hot thing I saw.' But my favorite is 'I didn't know you were into that! So am I!'  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:17 pm
Ryosei_Hime
For some reason I always love the "best friends" couples. I don't much know why but I find it adorable. ^.^

Fishing Prince Natsuki

Ui-kun

3,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:30 pm
I love it when its the complete stranger fall in love but not know it till later. Either of them on a bad day getting comepletly drunk and having sex with the first person they meet and later on realize they truly love that person.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:33 pm
I really like the hardcore teacher and student relationship.
I don't mind a bareable pretty uke to a manly seme.
My taste for shounen-ai fluff is minimal so there has to be a good story.
The ones with step brothers falling in love are my fave.
Usually I like it only if there not the same age and there is a gap.  

Yamane-chan

Mia Darthorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:45 am
aaah so many <3

my personal favorite is the 'best friends' thing. Especially if it starts out as/is unrequited and ESPECIALLY if one of them is selfless/insecure and is hiding it either out due to fear of losing their best friend or "he deserves better"

rivals/enemies ties for first, since I can never decide which I prefer xD. there doesn't have to be love underneath it (hell, sometimes I prefer it that way) just as long as there's plenty of rage and hate. roughsex is awesome >D

As far as physical appearance goes... I'm not totally picky, As long as they don't look like 14 year old girls its all good. Though I tend to prefer guys who look/act like guys. I kind of have a thing for the angry macho types.

My most favorite thing of ALL though is contrast, be it physical, mental of emotional (or any mix of the three ;P) sad thing is, I'm an extremist when it comes to this xD so its rare I manage to find something that completely appeals to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:16 am

Sitting in this room playing Russian Roulette,
Finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

I love ones where the seme is pining for the uke, who is completely adorable and clueless. xD So probably the best friends thing. Oh, I did read one series where the uke befriended the seme, who fell in love with the uke, and the uke was still clueless.

I also love the characters where the seme is all tough and manly and sarcastic, always being the cool Don Juan 'loves then leaves' guy who falls helplessly in love with one of his lays and can no longer go back to his slutty lifestyle. <3

Out from the window see her backdrop silhouette;
This blood on my hands is something I cannot forget.

Drakie Cakie
Crew

Amethyst Eyepatch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:40 pm
Takashii13
Those stories in high school, where theses this person with glasses, is either the president or really smart, or just average. And another who's good-looking, either smart or popular/sportive and they somehow get together. XD It's SO cliche but I love it. <3

Agreed.
It's rather cliche, but it is adorable..
xD <3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:39 pm
the dark and the mysterious smile  

Kei Tsukuda

User_2629207

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:54 am
There were Angels dining at the Ritz...
I like physical fights that end in sex. 3nodding
Or vice versa. heart
...and a Nightingale sang in Berkeley Square

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7