Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
The Bookstore Dilemma Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thecatsred

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:41 pm
I've got lots!

I usually go to the bookstore to buy:

a) BL manga
b) a magizine on Photoshop CS2 with cool brushes and stuff.

So one time, I had two photoshop mags and Rin, Little Butterfly (I couldn't believe they had it!), and Desire. (fun stuff) So I went up to the counter and there's this creepy middle-aged guy there. I sat the stuff on the counter to pay for it and the guy starts talking to me, not even trying to ring my stuff up so I could leave.

Him: "So, are you taking classes for Photoshop?"
Me: "Uh, no. Just teaching myself..." I looked over at the stack of 18+ yaoi manga. (not 18 yet sweatdrop )
Him: "Oh, that's nice... I-" and then he just stoped talking mid-sentence when he picked up Desire, and his face looked like O_o because of the two guys really close and the 18+ circle
Me: (I had to think of something quickly) "Uhh... I like the art and can you hurry please because I have somewhere to go to in a second and I need to go now thank you!" (that was all one run-on sentence...)

He was silent the rest of the time he rang me up, but his expression had set in stone once he saw that cover. I wonder if I go back and he's there if he will still look like that! XD

Another story! heart

When I was with my cousin (also a yaoi fan) in Borders, we went into the manga section and there was a horde of like nine or ten boys all squeezed into the tiny isle. My cousin and I just stood there, watching them, wondering how to get in. They were all sitting on the floor, and looking at one volume of manga. I leaned forwards a bit so I could see what they were reading. They seemed so enthusiastic about it, so naturally I wanted to know. Turns out that they were reading Yellow! I squeeled and they all turned around, red faced, and stared at me. I startled babbling about how good that was and no wonder you're all over here and blah blah blah. It was funny because none of them said more than three words to me. That must've been embarrassing... xp I feel so mean now that I think about it...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:51 pm
Ohemgee! All those boys were reading Yellow? >w< That is so cute! I wanna hug them!
And xD at the creepy middleage guy! Every generation needs a new kind of kick, ne? ^__^

User_2629207

thecatsred

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:57 pm
Sushii-Princess
Ohemgee! All those boys were reading Yellow? >w< That is so cute! I wanna hug them!
And xD at the creepy middleage guy! Every generation needs a new kind of kick, ne? ^__^

I know! And all of them were so cute, too! whee

And yes, every generation does. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:03 pm
thecatsred
Sushii-Princess

rofl

man that is awesome....

i wanna read yellow, i just havent gotten the chance to buy it yet sad  

Hawt_az_FCUK

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:16 pm
Hawt_az_FCUK
thecatsred
Sushii-Princess

rofl

man that is awesome....

i wanna read yellow, i just havent gotten the chance to buy it yet sad

xxD I don't even think it's legal here... Ahahah.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:19 pm
It's normally in plastic wrap, but apparently they tore it off. xp  

thecatsred

Versatile Man-Lover

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:28 pm
thecatsred
It's normally in plastic wrap, but apparently they tore it off. xp

I wish more people would do that. Then you can read in the store and get away with it ^^ And people can stare at you xD  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:36 am
You might be able to special order it...

That's how I get the majority of my yaoi. It's funny that the people at Barnes and Nobles seem to have no problem with selling a book that says: Explicit Content! 18+ to someone who is obviously way under 18. xd

They're just like "Enjoy your purchase =D"

Harlequin Hisakata

Bunniechild

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:04 pm
blaugh I usually have no problem, and one time the woman at the register liked the same manga I was getthing.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:07 pm
thecatsred
I've got lots!

I usually go to the bookstore to buy:

a) BL manga
b) a magizine on Photoshop CS2 with cool brushes and stuff.

So one time, I had two photoshop mags and Rin, Little Butterfly (I couldn't believe they had it!), and Desire. (fun stuff) So I went up to the counter and there's this creepy middle-aged guy there. I sat the stuff on the counter to pay for it and the guy starts talking to me, not even trying to ring my stuff up so I could leave.

Him: "So, are you taking classes for Photoshop?"
Me: "Uh, no. Just teaching myself..." I looked over at the stack of 18+ yaoi manga. (not 18 yet sweatdrop )
Him: "Oh, that's nice... I-" and then he just stoped talking mid-sentence when he picked up Desire, and his face looked like O_o because of the two guys really close and the 18+ circle
Me: (I had to think of something quickly) "Uhh... I like the art and can you hurry please because I have somewhere to go to in a second and I need to go now thank you!" (that was all one run-on sentence...)

He was silent the rest of the time he rang me up, but his expression had set in stone once he saw that cover. I wonder if I go back and he's there if he will still look like that! XD

Another story! heart

When I was with my cousin (also a yaoi fan) in Borders, we went into the manga section and there was a horde of like nine or ten boys all squeezed into the tiny isle. My cousin and I just stood there, watching them, wondering how to get in. They were all sitting on the floor, and looking at one volume of manga. I leaned forwards a bit so I could see what they were reading. They seemed so enthusiastic about it, so naturally I wanted to know. Turns out that they were reading Yellow! I squeeled and they all turned around, red faced, and stared at me. I startled babbling about how good that was and no wonder you're all over here and blah blah blah. It was funny because none of them said more than three words to me. That must've been embarrassing... xp I feel so mean now that I think about it...
A bunch of guys reading yaoi=OH EM GEE SO CUTE.  

Kitsune-chi

dragonslayer7178

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:39 pm
TanteiNeko
Thankfully, I moved out a while ago, so I don't have to worry 'bout the weird experiences of hiding BL manga that I bought (I did have to for a while though... sweatdrop ). I remember freakin' out when my parents were in the same room and I was trying to watch "Loveless" or something like that.

I generally introduce my self to every manga fan that comes into either of the places I work (Borders and Tokyo's Anime). It's lots of fun to meet fans that like the same stuff I do.

I persoanlly work at borders, and I dont knwo I feel awkward buying anything BL related, but thats prob just because its still freaky to think I like guys haha. I also have to worry about how my coworkers will react, knowing I am gay.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:09 pm
i think its funny some times. This little kid was look at the books and i was reading Gravitation. Well he looked up at the book i was reading and pick the same book up........ i look down to see if he really likes it or he just picked it up coz i seem to be really in to it. he flip to one of the pages were they were making out and other things and lol that little kid freaked out , he was like ewwwww and ran over to his mom, witch was stand not that far away looking at DN Angle. Well he shows hes mom and her face turn so red xd she put the book down grabbed his hand and walked off rofl that was so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

spook677

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Signature Look 250

spook677

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:11 pm
dragonslayer7178
TanteiNeko
Thankfully, I moved out a while ago, so I don't have to worry 'bout the weird experiences of hiding BL manga that I bought (I did have to for a while though... sweatdrop ). I remember freakin' out when my parents were in the same room and I was trying to watch "Loveless" or something like that.

I generally introduce my self to every manga fan that comes into either of the places I work (Borders and Tokyo's Anime). It's lots of fun to meet fans that like the same stuff I do.

I persoanlly work at borders, and I dont knwo I feel awkward buying anything BL related, but thats prob just because its still freaky to think I like guys haha. I also have to worry about how my coworkers will react, knowing I am gay.

awww sad you shouldn't care!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:27 pm
sara_6
i think its funny some times. This little kid was look at the books and i was reading Gravitation. Well he looked up at the book i was reading and pick the same book up........ i look down to see if he really likes it or he just picked it up coz i seem to be really in to it. he flip to one of the pages were they were making out and other things and lol that little kid freaked out , he was like ewwwww and ran over to his mom, witch was stand not that far away looking at DN Angle. Well he shows hes mom and her face turn so red xd she put the book down grabbed his hand and walked off rofl that was so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xD Mwahaha! That's priceless!
I can't wait 'til I go to Borders next time...

User_2629207

raynebou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:31 pm
this one time,i was in a barnes and noble,and i was lookin for the next good lookin yaoi novel, and this dude,comes around the corner,and grabs this manga,and was gone like a flash,but i noticed the place were the book used to be,and it was some vol,from a yaoi called Gorgious Carat and i picked it up,and omg its was really good! so i read it,and then the next week,i had some free time,and wasnt realy doing anything all day,and so i decided to wait for this guy to come in again.so i waited and waited.and finally he shows up,and he goes and grabs a book,and starts to leave,but i took action,i stepped out in front of him, he of corse was very surprised to suddenly be bumping into this girl
i say"oh im so sorry"
and hes all,nervous and stuff,but shakaly replies:" y-y-yeah,um im sorry too"
but then i get a good look at him,and hes my next door neighbors son(we are child hood friends) i say" alex?!" and he runs really fast.
then later when i was walking home,i see him,he is waiting for me on my stoop.and hes all"dont tell anybody"
and say" why,i like yaoi too" he looks surprised for some reason,and then we hug,and now we get manga together all the time! 4laugh  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff