Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Television! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:12 pm
I'm surprised that I've never noticed this thread before... I will now attempt to catch up

Masada
The only show i look foward to watching is Friday Night with Johnathan Ross cause in my view there is nothing else worth watching.
I love Jonathon Ross!!!!! My Friday nights are empty when he's not on (how sad is that? ah well.. I have no shame..)

Rotate
Has anyone been recently watching ITV's Mike Bassetts: Manager staring Ricky Tomlinson. Its about this manager who manages Wirral County F.C and they seem to lose nearly every game they play. Hilarious! blaugh
I never watched it but I did get great amusement from the "Wirral County F.C." thing (I live on Wirral) There is no Wirral County FC by the way, I dont even think Wirral is a county... And I'm pretty sure that team was loosely based on Tranmere Rovers.. (my local team)

Invictus_88
Last night I saw "Shameless" for the first time.

Really not sure how to react to it yet, it's sortof nasty. Well, really nasty. But sortof nice. Redeeming.

Gah, what do other people think?
I love Shameless!! I havent seen as many episodes as I'd like but I enjoyed what I did see (seems I am alone in this opinion)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:28 pm
'Have I got News For You' makes me happy.

ninja

Invictus_88
Captain

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:52 am
I used to watch that all the time.. havent seen it in the longest time though sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:15 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Warnersister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:27 am
Invictus_88
Warnersister
Invictus_88
http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/hustle/

Was anyone else watching Hustle?

I watched the first series, but stopped after that. Robert Vaughn was criminally under-used...

DW

Which one was that?

confused

My point exactly. Robert Vaughn plays the token American among all the Londoners, the venerable gentleman who's been in the game longer than the rest of them have been alive.

Considering he was Napoleon Solo in the Man From UNCLE, starred in The Protectors and co-starred with Steve McQueen in Bullitt, The Magnificent Seven and The Towering Inferno, among others, you'd think he'd get a little more respect. Plus he totally owned the A-Team in season 4 biggrin

DW  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:20 am
Warnersister
Invictus_88
Warnersister
Invictus_88

I watched the first series, but stopped after that. Robert Vaughn was criminally under-used...

DW

Which one was that?

confused

My point exactly. Robert Vaughn plays the token American among all the Londoners, the venerable gentleman who's been in the game longer than the rest of them have been alive.

I don't know the actor, but he really is great. I like that he's playing a fairly actionless role but that he commands so much respect from..well, everyone.

Also, the episode where he was jailed was quite touching.

Invictus_88
Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:22 am
ITV is finally doing something I'm happy to watch.

Sharpe. Tonight, 9pm.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:07 am
Sean Bean heart 'nuff said  

xXx White Lily xXx

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:55 am
Warnersister
Invictus_88
Warnersister
Invictus_88

DW

Which one was that?

confused

Considering he was Napoleon Solo in the Man From UNCLE, starred in The Protectors and co-starred with Steve McQueen in Bullitt, The Magnificent Seven and The Towering Inferno, among others, you'd think he'd get a little more respect. Plus he totally owned the A-Team in season 4 biggrin

DW

Haha, The Man From UNCLE ftw.

<3 the Russian one (can't remember his name)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:52 pm
Invictus_88
Not -directly- television but certainly close enough.

I got a DVD of "Do not adjust your set" today for Amazon's DVD rental thingy.

Oh, yes.

xd

Though, some of it -does- scare me.

I'm thinking about buying that. I particularly want to see the great Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band bits.  

dExtrosien

Warnersister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:46 am
Lady of Spain
Haha, The Man From UNCLE ftw.

<3 the Russian one (can't remember his name)

Illya Kuryakin. Loved him, too smile Never forgave the Great Escape for having him shot. David McCallum played the oboe, fact fans, as did his father.

He appeared in the A-Team with Robert Vaughn in an episode entitled "The Say Uncle Affair". Well, it made me laugh. Then he was the villain in Team Knight Rider...

DW  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:26 am
dExtrosien
Invictus_88
Not -directly- television but certainly close enough.

I got a DVD of "Do not adjust your set" today for Amazon's DVD rental thingy.

Oh, yes.

xd

Though, some of it -does- scare me.

I'm thinking about buying that. I particularly want to see the great Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band bits.

Also; yay for your new and scary signature..  

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:45 am
Sharpe was good. too bads the Irish guy put on weight. He looks a bit too old for the role now.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:04 pm
One word: Chavs. They love the stuff. Pimp my Ride, Big Brother, etc. It's just chavmeal.  

Dark Pieman

Beatle_Babe

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:53 am
C'mon guys...classic British television history.... Not Only But Also!!  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff