Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
~*The Rantbox*~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Ranting a good stress reliever?
The best!
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
I think Art is a better outlet
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Stress??? WHAT STRESS??? *twitch twitch*
56%
 56%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 48

megalomaniac-freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:20 am
Isobel Bellamy
Koneko_DarkLight
So who was the evil b*****d that wronged you?

some random git that found i was pagan and so proceded to 'enlighten' me of the wrongness of my ways....i then told him what i actually belived in but he started shouting at me that i was the work of the devil and should be burnt as a message to all sinners like me (he took nothing in that i worship the God and the Goddess and that i myself dont particularly like devil worshipers and satanists not to mention that satan is a creation of the christians and wasn't it a bit stupid to create the embodyment of evil? i mean it just gives people an easy way out "oh yeah i was possesed by the devil" no you weren't you did it yourself! have some balls and admit it!!!!)

but i gave as good as i got and told him he's setting a fine example that christianity is a religion of tolerence and forgiveness and that if he wanted me to go back to a religion that i belived was sexist, racist and anti gay he was going the wrong way about it by screaming at me my chosen religion was false and leading me on a path straight to hell (even though i don't belive in it).

so yeah....I'm not too pleased at them moment......
Yeeeowch I hate people like that I have to get away from them quickly becuase I don't particularly want to go to prison.......  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:26 am
Koneko_DarkLight
SakuraXiao
There are so many hypocrites who hide behind their religions and use the bible as an excuse to hate... It sickens me... I used to be a Christain but I didn't want to be like the haters...

Yep.....i also used to be christian but i saw a whole lot of flaws and contradictions in the bible. It just made me really confused. I then turned to athiest and then i discoverd wicca.
Even when I was little I didn't like christianity....when I was asked if I wanted to be baptised I flat out refused (at about 5 or 7.....). I did flirt with atheism but it didn't stick for long and as soon as I learned more about paganism the more I grew to like it  

Isobel Bellamy

Tears and Rain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:36 am
[ D i z z y ]
Oh yay! Ranting. Ranting rocks! m /

[big rant or explination goes here]

Soooo... Rock on. " m /" xd

.:blink blink:.

Bell bell
(he took nothing in that i worship the God and the Goddess and that i myself dont particularly like devil worshipers and satanists not to mention that satan is a creation of the christians and wasn't it a bit stupid to create the embodyment of evil? i mean it just gives people an easy way out "oh yeah i was possesed by the devil" no you weren't you did it yourself! have some balls and admit it!!!!)...
...straight to hell (even though i don't belive in it).

Did I ever tell you how much I love you? blaugh
That gave me the biggest laugh I've had in weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:20 pm
Yes, I find the need to rant once again.... *Sigh* Why is it that someone who can bump at work as well at home and seems to have no life, only time to sleep can out bump people like me who have to go to work and have a life outside the compy (believe it or not)? To illustrate this point I made it up to the insane number of 725 bumps in one weeks time, but because I"m not a complete computer freak and my BF does demand my attentions on occasion I was out bumped by someone who bumped about 1040 times or so...*Steams* in 3 days. Somehow I don't think that bumping during work should be allowed, and damn it if i knew where they worked, I would be having a little talk with their boss about what they do on the computer.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Rayna-chan.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:05 am
Rant tyme!
My rant is one of those oh so common 'I hate EA' rants. Common if your a game nerd like myself that is. Anyhow, lets get started.

I hate EA now. I didnt used to ... but i do now. The reason? Battlefield 2 (bf2). Its a realy great game. Not something that i thought EA could release. They generaly have a habit of making a game that could have been epic, had they polished it more, but no. They release it for the cash, not us gamers.
Anyhow. Back to bf2. I put in the CD, and start to load the installer, and it asks for a CD key. Nothing out of the ordinary ... but then it hits me. Where is the key?! The installer says its on the back of the jewel case. But it didnt come in a jewel case!
A while later, i learn that its acualy on the back of the manual.

Nice job on the installer EA.

So I get it all installed, and im like okay! Lets play! So i click the icon to launch it, and it asks for disk 1. I was like okay. I think thats disk 3 in there. So i swap them, and click the icon agian. "please insert disk 1" agian. So im sitign here thinkin WTF mate? I check the EA site, and it says it could be anything from programs runing, to your acual disk drive. So i tried it in the burner, and still nothing. I ended up just downloading a (perfectly legal) cd crack for it. Thankfuly it plays online.

Online is the next rant topic. The online play is a LOT of fun. Laggy at times, but thats generaly not much a problem. The problem is the ranked EA servers NOT giving you credit for badges and stuff you have earned. Its realy annoying. Im siting here playing wiht a friend, and i get a badge. Im like hey cool! I got that badge! But when i check my personal stats, its not there! The same thing has happend to my friend. Some of them he had to earn three times over!

So, all in all...
EA. Fix your s**t!

Thank you for enduring my nice long rant. lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:38 am
My rant: Why the ******** do most guys have to be so perverted! scream

Warning: If you don't want to hear about it do't read.

Four people stoped me in the street yesterday, none of them whitch I know. The first one was a fat old man who most probably lives in a shack. I pass by one the street and he just stares at my front and calls after me "Hey you're pretty" *shivers* I hate old perverted men. I was on my way to Dahlia's when the incident happened. A few hours later Dahlia and I are walking to somewhere to eat and this guy asking for money starts to talk to me.

Guy: Hey, can I have your top hat?

Me: No, sorry.

Guy: Can I wear your hat?

Me: No.

Guy: Can I wear you?

Me: stare *walks away*

Two ******** times that day! stressed The last time was on my way back from Dahlias. A middle age b*****d. He compliments on my clothes and attempts to grab my a**. Luckily I walked away just on time.

And that's that's my rant. I don't feel that much better but oh well.  

Dearest Darling`

Rayna-chan.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:20 pm
deadly_demon

Four people stoped me in the street yesterday, none of them whitch I know. The first one was a fat old man who most probably lives in a shack. I pass by one the street and he just stares at my front and calls after me "Hey you're pretty" *shivers* I hate old perverted men. I was on my way to Dahlia's when the incident happened. A few hours later Dahlia and I are walking to somewhere to eat and this guy asking for money starts to talk to me.

Two ******** times that day! stressed The last time was on my way back from Dahlias. A middle age b*****d. He compliments on my clothes and attempts to grab my a**. Luckily I walked away just on time.

Not all of us are perverted. Its just that mass majority of us are. Acualy we all are. Its just most of us dont know when not to show it. And that makes a bad name for the few of us who arent assholes or jackasses.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:46 pm
Rayna-chan.
deadly_demon

Not all of us are perverted. Its just that mass majority of us are. Acualy we all are. Its just most of us dont know when not to show it. And that makes a bad name for the few of us who arent assholes or jackasses.
I didn't say all. I said most stare It still pisses me off  

Dearest Darling`

SadLittleFluffy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:18 pm
i'm going to rant about the sun
i HATE the sun you firey ball of hate you sit up there so pretty and burn EVERYTHING you're just as bad as the twisted little kid with the ants and the magnifying glass with the ADD and the meds and then he grows up to be a pill popper/heroin addict/alcoholic/hopelessly addicted to sunblock because of the ants and the sun!
*twitch*
i hate you.
eek <******** sun.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:19 pm
SadLittleFluffy
i HATE the sun you firey ball of hate you sit up there so pretty and burn EVERYTHING you're just as bad as the twisted little kid with the ants and the magnifying glass with the ADD and the meds and then he grows up to be a pill popper/heroin addict/alcoholic/hopelessly addicted to sunblock because of the ants and the sun!
*twitch*
i hate you.
eek <******** sun.

I agree.  

Tenebrion Valefor

crown_of_thorns

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:05 pm
Hmm, what could I rant about? Oh, I know. Here I go.

I HATE how so many of my favorite bands have been ruined by annoying "fans" who don't even really appreciate the music. And the fact that some may consider me to be one of them, which I am not. Let's take, for example, AFI. Once upon a time, AFI had a huge following, but those who only knew of the mainstream probably had never heard of them. Then they signed to a major label (which they completely had the right to do because they'd worked hard at Nitro for years and deserved some more recognition) and released a single to the radio and television. As soon as their video was played on MTV, they suddenly had a bunch of overnight "fans" claiming to love the band. These "fans" all ran out and bought their most recent album, not bothering to pay any attention to the older albums that had a somewhat different style of music and weren't released on a major record label. They listened to the singles, thought the lead singer, Davey Havok, was hot, and thought that that made them fans.

Now this made all of the older fans EXTREMELY angry. This band had been their little secret, and now all sorts of kids who didn't really appreciate the band's entire history or their music in full were saying they were fans and making the band - oh, the horror - trendy. But some of the old fans were wrong in what they did, too. Some of them chose not to even attempt to enjoy AFI's new material because it was different and newly popular. This is unfair to the band, because they'd worked just as hard to create their new album, and because any band and their music will change and evolve over the years. Many older fans slammed the new album, and even the band for signing to a major label. Others were still able to enjoy the new material, but grew very angry with all of the fake fans.

Now fake fans piss me off too, but I know that one can easily be labelled as one who will like a band for a month when their video comes out and then move on to someone else. Soem may label me as one of those "fans" simply because the first stuff I heard and liked by the band was from their new album, and when I first joined the band's guild, I didn't even know the names of any of the members except for the lead singer. But hearing of them and the most "popular" member was how I was led to learning about the rest of their music and beginning to listen to their older music. I now adore each member of the band, own two of their older cds, and wear my AFI t-shirt proudly.

This is another "labelling" issue I guess. Some can too easily be labelled as fairweather fans, even if they are not. But there will always be fans who will come and go, and others that will stick around for the long haul. And bands will always change over time.

AFI is only an example. Similar things have happened with other bands I enjoy, such as My Chemical Romance and Billy Talent. Even HIM, ever since everyone began to associate heartagrams with Bam Margera. Now, many feel that the music I listen to is crap because it's "mainstream" or some such thing. But it's not the fault of the bands that MTV single, month-long have latched onto them. And maybe music videos and whatnot were where I heard of some of these bands from, but that has always been what led me to listening to the band's older music, researching the band, and eventually, coming to like them for ALL of their material and history. I just wish that the music I listen to could still be respected by those who feel it's crap. You don't have to LIKE it, but that doesn't mean it has no credibility just because it's "trendy." When those come-and-go fans stop liking it, the fans who truly care will still be there. The bands I like are just as good as any bands anyone else here may like, that happen to be less well-known or "trendy."

There. It feels good to get that out. I like this thread. 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:28 pm
Koneko_DarkLight
SadLittleFluffy
*twitch*
i hate you.
eek <******** sun.

I agree.

.....yep.....  

ceilisidhe

ceilisidhe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:51 pm
Maybe if I rant a few times here I won't feel so much like giving a couple people 10,000 paper cuts and binding them in a tubfull of calamine lotion...

Why is it that one can't seem to find a decent newb in the entirety of gaia?!?!? All I want to do is give away a F@^#$%G thank you letter to a literate week-or-so old newbie - I create a thread and ask only that they:
1) are Literate
2) do not PM me
3) obey gaia TOS

What do I find? 23 PMs begging items from me, n00bspeak and poseurs who don't even bother with a mule but instead try to dupe me by removing all their items from their avies.

...okay, onto another topic...

I decided to reward someone today by dressing in my peasant clothes and posting intelligently in a few threads known for their literate patronage. Sadly not one of those BAKAYAROU treated me like an intelligent individual, instead flaming me at every opportunity!!! WTF?!?? I waited 15 min. before posting(in full attire) and suddenly the points I'd brought up previously had merit and interest. Sad, isn't it?

...and yet
another one...

Why the hell aren't there decent weapons on gaia yet??? I mean, release a couple as donation items and add the stats later! I'm F$&^$#G tired of running about swordless! A gauntlet, while a gift, isn't reflective of me and what warrior would use a bat or a mug? (disclaimer: I hold only the utmost respect for the mods and their mostly thankless efforts to give us a gaia to rant about. Props guys.)

...Lastly(for now)...

Why can't people post their "Hi- I'm new and an idiot" comments in the welcome thread instead of creating their own and cluttering up the guild?!?!?? And whyever do people have to answer the bloody things? Either kill it or ignore it- anything else honors it and encourages others.

.....oh, yeah- and f%&k the sun.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:08 pm
I swear I'm going to curbstomp the next emo who complains to me about being mistaken for goth....quit...whining.  

ceilisidhe

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:34 am
Okay, if you are going to sign a petition, sign it. Don't PM the creator going I wanna sign your petition, cause guess what...unless you sign it in the thread, it could be miscontrued as the creator trying to pad their numbers, and I'm not getting in trouble for that. So if you sign it, sign it and i"ll add you next update.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff