Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
What do your parents think? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IraMorti

Demonic Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:14 am
deadly_demon
Sirek
scream BURN ALL WITCHES!!!o.o ... lol, just kidding, I couldn't resist... sorry... *starts poking people with a crucifix to see if there is any reaction* o.o
*bites*
stare *bites back*  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:19 am
Sirek
deadly_demon
Sirek
scream BURN ALL WITCHES!!!o.o ... lol, just kidding, I couldn't resist... sorry... *starts poking people with a crucifix to see if there is any reaction* o.o
*bites*
stare *bites back*
I don't like the crucifix xp domokun  

Dearest Darling`

themagikat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:38 am
well the crucifix doesnt like you...
mwahahahahaha

you have been Jesus-shunned  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:10 am
themagikat
well the crucifix doesnt like you...
mwahahahahaha

you have been Jesus-shunned
I don't care biggrin Lucy's my brother. Lucy being short for Lucifer twisted  

Dearest Darling`

IraMorti

Demonic Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:11 am
what? you mean him? the guy I killed, not in the name of the Heavenly Son, because that actually go against all teachings i believe? wow. small world. *shrugs* well we can scratch off his appearance during Revelations.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:19 am
Sirek
what? you mean him? the guy I killed, not in the name of the Heavenly Son, because that actually go against all teachings i believe? wow. small world. *shrugs* well we can scratch off his appearance during Revelations.
You killed him? I was wondering where he went. Yay, now I rule hell! biggrin  

Dearest Darling`

themagikat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:00 pm
themagikat = the fifth horseman of the apocalypse  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:05 pm
Well....my mother very clearly showed me a little while ago how much she hates the clothes...I don't wear make-up at all though because I think I'm beautiful in my own way and I don't need to cover that up at all (I'm sure I'll think differently eventually), so I haven't had to worry about my parents being against my make-up, if I did that kind of thing. My dad doesn't like the clothes either. I can't say around my house that my favorite color is black cause I'd probably get yelled at. I'm not allowed to swear at home, cause I'd get yelled at for that too, so I just swear any time they're not around. I've also opted to swear in german, I can at least do that when my dad's not around cause he knows some german and I'm not sure if he doesn't know swear words in german. Today my mom let me buy some black and red jelly bracelets though. And, I'm so happy, she let me buy some black nail polish!! Yay!! Lol, it looks awesome though cause I file my nails so that they're pointed, so painted black they totally kick a**. But anyway, I desperately want to buy some more black shirts, which I am very very very slowly accumulating, and I have one pair of black paints.... stare ....I really want to get some kind of bondage pants, but nooooo way. My mom would probably have to be the one to pay for em so yeah. I'm hopefully going to be getting a summer job soon, so maybe if I have my own money I can get em....We'll see I guess. Probably not though, cause my mom'll have to drive me and she'll come with me, and stand right next to me when we go into Hot Topic and give me that parental stare when I go over to the bondage pants section... stare stare Yeah....My parents seemed worried at the beginning when I wanted to get some spellbooks and such, and when I wanted to quit conformation they said absolutely no. And then my mom said something along the lines of, "Once you finish conformation you can do whatever you want." Yeah, right. But then they seemed fine with me being pagan. One of my friends came over one time and we walked down to a bookstore by us that has spellbooks (Inner Peace Books). And I bought myself one. My mom just kinda gave me that parental stare again when I showed her what I got, cause she was basically standing right by the door when we got back. So yeah, now they're not so happy about it again. One of my friends, who introduced me to wicca, made me a really beautiful wand that she used a wood burning kit on and made really cool designs on it and my parents don't really like it....My dad makes really horrible jokes whenever I do certain things like, I like to pick up feathers just because I think they're cool and one time I did want to use one for a spell and my dad was all like, is that for some spell or something??.... stare ....Anyways...My boyfriend is goth, but he's not pagan, he's atheist. And my parents seemed fine with him at first, they said "He seems like a nice kid" or something. And my mom even seemed ok with the fact that he smokes, she said, "He's not my kid and they're his lungs." But now she doesn't like it at all, and my dad never liked it....But anyway, I think I've ranted everyone's ears off, so I'll stop now....

Edit: I will be very surprised if someone actually reads all of this, please pm me if you did  

~[Arima]~

Dapper Lover

7,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200

Cherie327

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:46 pm
First of all, I'm not american, I'm chinese, and I think that makes all the difference. As most people know, asian parents (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc...) are beyond strict. They have to know every little detail about what you did on one day, what you're doing right now, and so on. But because my family is chinese, my parents doesn't understand exactly everything in english. For one, they don't know what goth is. sweatdrop
I try my hardest to get my parents allow me to buy black clothing, but because of some 'chinese superstitions' they would always start some sort of a 'disiplen talk'(sp?). "Don't even think about getting black clothing! It's such bad luck! It's not like you're getting ready to go to some funeral anyways!" my mom would always say that, or something similar... stare If it's some 'weird' pants that I wanted, they'd mock at me about my 'tastes in fashion' neutral
As for the religious thing, my whole family's been pagan... As from what I know, 70% of the population in China is pagan or the like... But whatever the case, they don't care at all about religion, it's like it doesn't exsist for us.
My parents rarely question or care about what I read. But one time my mother saw the word 'blood' on a title or such and started questioning me what it was non-stop! Other than questioning, they'd mock me for reading supernatural stories.
One last thing, Art and writing. I love to draw and write, and I do them alot. I'd be stuck writing or drawing for hours, which results in them, again, asking questions non-stop. "What are you writing about?" "What are you drawing?". But of course somethings I know they won't approve *cough*, so I have to burry them in the corner of messy drawer to hide from them. But somehow my mom still manages to find few of them!
I guess over all they aren't too strict with it all, but untill i could actually explain to them what goth is in chinese, they'd never know mrgreen They just think of me as the 'near to perfect' child they wished for... neutral

Ah, that was really long gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:31 am
If I remember my religions correctly, China had a mixture of Taoism and Confusiousim with a mixture of Buddhism until the Cultural revolution. When the cultural revolution hit almost everything from the religions that existed before were whipped out unless people found ways to perserve them (Like writing the principles of the revolution on the back of sacred texts).
The communism instated by Mao doesn't particually allow for being religious... but I haven't studied that subject overly much lately so I'm a bit rusty on the details. The ideal of communism as laid out by Marx is intersting. Anways....I can't remember if it's Mayhiana or Theravda buddism......I'm too tired right now. (yes I know I most likely misspelled a lot...forgive me please, I am in need of sleep)  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Cherie327

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:00 am
lurichan
If I remember my religions correctly, China had a mixture of Taoism and Confusiousim with a mixture of Buddhism until the Cultural revolution. When the cultural revolution hit almost everything from the religions that existed before were whipped out unless people found ways to perserve them (Like writing the principles of the revolution on the back of sacred texts).
The communism instated by Mao doesn't particually allow for being religious... but I haven't studied that subject overly much lately so I'm a bit rusty on the details. The ideal of communism as laid out by Marx is intersting. Anways....I can't remember if it's Mayhiana or Theravda buddism......I'm too tired right now. (yes I know I most likely misspelled a lot...forgive me please, I am in need of sleep)

Yes, what you said is correct, but from all the communism, people don't really have much a religion anymore. As far as I know, most people close to my family and such aren't religious in anyway. It's just as well without an religion neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:07 am
My mom started to try to bribe me into socializing with the human race. I shall not give in!  

Dearest Darling`

~[Arima]~

Dapper Lover

7,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:08 pm
Cherie327

Lol, don't worry, mine was long too. Thanks for reading it by the way. I read yours too! lol
@lurichan- Thanks to you too for reading my loverly long rant. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:12 pm
~[Arima]~
Cherie327

Lol, don't worry, mine was long too. Thanks for reading it by the way. I read yours too! lol
@lurichan- Thanks to you too for reading my loverly long rant. lol

Not a problem, I rather enjoy reading long posts. ^_^ It makes life more interesting at times.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:15 pm
Cherie327
lurichan

Yes, what you said is correct, but from all the communism, people don't really have much a religion anymore. As far as I know, most people close to my family and such aren't religious in anyway. It's just as well without an religion neutral

Religion can both be good and bad. I know my Women's Literature teacher a few years back (who is of chinese origins) was rather distraught when her mother died because she didn't have a firm foundation for what to believe would happen to the soul of a departed loved one.... I personally don't like organized religions because they are like a straight jacket in some respects, but it is still a good idea to know a bit about religions and figure out what you believe and don't believe from there.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff