Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
British views on abortion. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:02 pm
Nope, Vanilla is right..  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:04 pm
Invictus_88
Nope, Vanilla is right..

And you would know because...? rolleyes  

Nebelstern
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:07 pm
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
Nope, Vanilla is right..

Oh, all the best Tories/Cavalrymen/School-Prefects know!

rolleyes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:08 pm
Invictus_88
Indie_Chick
Simon, why do you insist upon being a total hypocrite? You tell me to make ED-style threads and when I do so you say they are crap and not fit to be discussed in the guild. I think perhaps you should smoke a little less crack stare

Abortion threads aren't really that ED.

Let's keep a civil tongue in our heads though shall we? Ambassadors for your country and all that..

Consider yourself warned, hmm?
''extended discussion. this is where users can discuss serious topics....''  

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:16 pm
Indie_Chick
Invictus_88
Indie_Chick
Simon, why do you insist upon being a total hypocrite? You tell me to make ED-style threads and when I do so you say they are crap and not fit to be discussed in the guild. I think perhaps you should smoke a little less crack stare

Abortion threads aren't really that ED.

Let's keep a civil tongue in our heads though shall we? Ambassadors for your country and all that..

Consider yourself warned, hmm?
''extended discussion. this is where users can discuss serious topics....''

My Guild, where my word goes. Doubly so when I've support of the members.

I request the proper capital letters too. It's all on the rules thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:01 pm
I actually think that abortion laws should be relaxed in Britain. As it stands (unless my information is out of date, in which case please correct me), a woman can have an abortion up to 24 weeks provided that she can get two doctors to agree [that the pregnancy would affect her physical or mental health or the health and wellbeing of any existing children or the family unit (up to twelve weeks)/that the pregnancy poses a serious risk to her physical or mental health or that the fetus would be born with serious disfigurement or disability (from twelve weeks onwards)].

In practise abortion is pretty much elective during the first twelve weeks at least, but I feel that it should legally be elective and if there must be a doctor's signature it should be to confirm that the woman's mind is made up, that she appears to be subject to no pressure from anyone else: boyfriend, parents, etc., and so on (which is rather belittling for women). Most Britons would disagree with me, but abortion is not as publically an issue as it is in America, although many people have their own personal opinions on it, and many Britons are happy with legislation as it stands.

Invictus_88
Admirable riposte indeed..

biggrin

Thankyou.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Vanilla Pod

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:23 pm
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
Nope, Vanilla is right..

Because he knows that I'm always right 3nodding

Foetus in Fetu
many Britons are happy with legislation as it stands.

That's true enough - or at least, there's less opposition as there in the US. Mainly, people want to change the length of time until the cut off point rather than actually doing away with the whole proceedings.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:34 pm
Vanilla is always right, intimidatingly so, can I call you Vanilla btw?

I agree about the whole black and white and varying shades of grey, refer to the movie 'Saved' for more about that (I had to slip 'Saved' in there somewhere as Vanilla did buy it for my birthday, BLOB YA)

Abortion I think isn't something where you can technically jump on someone who may or may not have one and tell them what you think, I'm pro-choice so I believe that women should be left to their own opinions.

This kind of is a GBG thing by the way because Laws in Britain are differnet to laws in say America.

Quote:

The Abortion Law in Britain is as follows:

Two Doctors must agree that:

-The mother's life is at danger
-The mother's health is at risk
-The mother's other children's health is at risk
-The child will be handicapped

And the time limit is 24 weeks unless the mother's life is at risk or her health is in danger of having permanent grave damage.

Just thought you'd like to know that. Oh and sorry for all the random chat I'm just trying to fit as much of what I need to say in as possible.  

sel50uk

Vanilla Pod

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:50 pm
sel50uk

Hmm. I don't like the word Vanilla very much - too many ls - but I suppose I pretty much walked into that shortened version, didn't I? Perhaps I'll change my name...

Isn't there some sort of other category which most people get abortions under?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:05 pm
Vanilla Pod
sel50uk

Hmm. I don't like the word Vanilla very much - too many ls - but I suppose I pretty much walked into that shortened version, didn't I? Perhaps I'll change my name...

Do you want me to call you 'Pod'?  

sel50uk

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:11 pm
sel50uk
Vanilla Pod
sel50uk

Quote:

whee heart You crack me up!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:09 pm
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick
and_solo_said
Gaulia
Indie_Chick
a raped 12 year old should have an abortion, definitely, and so should one who wasnt raped. She's been stupid and got herself in a mess, but really se should get herself out of it.

Yeah. I think that anyone who's been raped should have an abortion - unless they actually feel that they can cope with the stress of actually having the baby. And hats off to anyone who does - that is a strong person.
Pregnant kids who weren't raped, I agree, should have an abortion. It's too young to have your hands tied down by a baby.

They should teach you something useful in school. The consequences of having a kid when you're still in your early teens being one of them.

If you get pregnant at 12, it is your own fault, have the baby, put it up for adoption, and learn to to be so damn thick
oh shutup you tosser.

I know several people (chavs, obviously) who have had abortions at 12. and hey werent raped. WHilst they are stupid, they arent ready for that. ANd I agree with gaulia that schools should teach more useful stuff like that.

If they are mature enough to have sex, then they are mature enough to have a child

so, what`s your stance on contraception?  

wodewose

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:26 am
~Aside~ If you didn't want to be called 'vanilla', then why the heck did you call yourself 'Vanilla Pod'? xd

Contraception, eh? Well, it does its job I suppose... *Cringes at crude nature of subject*
Sorry, I still think a British guild should be more British orientated...
neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:28 am
Nebelstern
~Aside~ If you didn't want to be called 'vanilla', then why the heck did you call yourself 'Vanilla Pod'? xd

Contraception, eh? Well, it does its job I suppose... *Cringes at crude nature of subject*
neutral

I don't know. Well, I like the way 'Vanilla Pod' sounds...but the actual word alone, less so 3nodding But yeah, I might change it.

And contraception does its job, but not 100% of the time.

Quote:

Better than Vanilla. Hmm. The Podster. cool  

Vanilla Pod

The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games