Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Type Text Here

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:19 am
A Different Light
Lethkhar

Does anyone?

I think Hitler believed he was following Christ.
I believe he was for his earlier career, and then was an atheist by the 40s or so. Correct me if I'm wrong.

He was a Christian. And in his book he wrote in Jail he said that he thought he was doing God will.

Here Hitler praying:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hitler leaving church:

The brown army at church:

This was hitler oath:
http://www.nobeliefs.com/images/HitlerOath.mpg

In the 1930's 1940's Germany was the most Christianised country in the world...
These graves show a traditional Christian style burial of the time.

Chaplain with a machine gun unit:
Quote:
Most wars are justified on religious grounds.
Of course if a soldier felt uneasy about slaughtering others, they could always turn to a chaplain who would then patiently explain to them that killing is allowed by God and about the righteous morality of war. He might then give a few Biblical examples of God ordained killings. And then he might tell them that Jesus will forgive them and send them to Heaven if they should happen to die.

In conclusion. Very 'Christian'.
-Adolf Hitler, in a radio address, 30 Jan. 1945
God the Almighty has made our nation. By defending its existence we are defending His work....

Only He can relieve me of this duty Who called me to it. It was in the hand of Providence to snuff me out by the bomb that exploded only one and a half meters from me on July 20, and thus to terminate my life's work. That the Almighty protected me on that day I consider a renewed affirmation of the task entrusted to me....

Therefore, it is all the more necessary on this twelfth anniversary of the rise to power to strengthen the heart more than ever before and to steel ourselves in the holy determination to wield the sword, no-matter where and under what circumstances, until final victory crowns our efforts....

In the years to come I shall continue on this road, uncompromisingly safeguarding my people's interests, oblivious to all misery and danger, and filled with the holy conviction that God the Almighty will not abandon him who, during all his life, had no desire but to save his people from a fate it had never deserved, neither by virtue of its number nor by way of its importance....

In vowing ourselves to one another, we are entitled to stand before the Almighty and ask Him for His grace and His blessing. No people can do more than that everybody who can fight, fights, and that everybody who can work, works, and that they all sacrifice in common, filled with but one thought: to safeguard freedom and national honor and thus the future of life.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:29 pm
Hitler was also just a teensy bit insane and hopped up on any number of drugs most of the time he was in control of Germany. Just like the Crusades, if you give a political war a religious label, people will be more willing to follow. The crazy ones, anyway.  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

Type Text Here

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:09 pm
Hitler metal situation is completely theories and heresay, you can't prove that the drugs he took sent him insane, beside that he just took speed once a day, towards the end of the war, emitted by a German physican, the side effect of speed don't include anything relating to sending anyone metally unstable most of the symptoms either ruin you physically or make you depressed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:27 pm
Lethkhar
Danielle~SOC
Lethkhar
Wind-Whisper
Fushigi na Butterfly
I think what he was getting at was that Hitler felt the Jews had killed Jesus.

Frankly, I don't think Hitler cared a rat's backside who killed Jesus because he himself rejected Christianity and believed in a form of occultic neo-paganism that had become popular in the early 20th century, and which had some very peculiar beliefs. Calloing himself a Roman Catholic was only for convenience since most of the people he ruled were Roman catholics. His hatred of jews stemmed instead from something so engrained in his cultural background that he probably couldn't have explained even to himself why he hated Jews or thought of them as inferiors. Yet history has left us a curious clue. His maternal grandfather had a Jewish name, and after he came to power, he had his grandfather's little native town burned to the ground to destroy any possible documents that might show this. But some did manage to survive! This fact may have been so shameful to him that he wanted to stamp all references of it out of existance, including stamping out the Jews themselves. This kind of denial and self-loathing is not unknown for people of Jewish ancestry, and it is a very disturbing thing to realize how many of the world's worst anti-semites were themselves of some Jewish ancestry.

Proof that Hitler wasn't a Christian?

Christianity is more then just a religion, to find out if someone is a Christian compare them to the Characters of Christ Jesus and are they learning how to walk in that character, are they seeking after it, do they have the fruits of true repentance in their lives? Did Hitler meet though standards?

Does anyone?

I believe there are many people in todays world who are walking into the place were they are living their lives for Christ.

I am sure Hitler did, but does that really mean he was? As I said before does His life look like the life of Jesus, or the Apostles who walked and talked and were lead by Jesus as well as the Promised Holy Spirit. Thats the real question...

Pastor Danielle

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:48 pm
Pastor Danielle
Lethkhar
Danielle~SOC
Lethkhar
Wind-Whisper

Frankly, I don't think Hitler cared a rat's backside who killed Jesus because he himself rejected Christianity and believed in a form of occultic neo-paganism that had become popular in the early 20th century, and which had some very peculiar beliefs. Calloing himself a Roman Catholic was only for convenience since most of the people he ruled were Roman catholics. His hatred of jews stemmed instead from something so engrained in his cultural background that he probably couldn't have explained even to himself why he hated Jews or thought of them as inferiors. Yet history has left us a curious clue. His maternal grandfather had a Jewish name, and after he came to power, he had his grandfather's little native town burned to the ground to destroy any possible documents that might show this. But some did manage to survive! This fact may have been so shameful to him that he wanted to stamp all references of it out of existance, including stamping out the Jews themselves. This kind of denial and self-loathing is not unknown for people of Jewish ancestry, and it is a very disturbing thing to realize how many of the world's worst anti-semites were themselves of some Jewish ancestry.

Christianity is more then just a religion, to find out if someone is a Christian compare them to the Characters of Christ Jesus and are they learning how to walk in that character, are they seeking after it, do they have the fruits of true repentance in their lives? Did Hitler meet though standards?

Does anyone?

I believe there are many people in todays world who are walking into the place were they are living their lives for Christ.

Not for Jesus Christ, but in the character of Jesus Christ. You said so yourself.

Quote:
I am sure Hitler did, but does that really mean he was? As I said before does His life look like the life of Jesus, or the Apostles who walked and talked and were lead by Jesus as well as the Promised Holy Spirit. Thats the real question...

And as I said before does anyone's life look like the life of Jesus, or the Apostles who walked and talked and were lead by Jesus as well as the Promised Holy Spirit?

So it's not enough to think you're following Christ...So how do you know you're properly following Christ?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:17 am
Well, the crusades (sory for the spelling) was Done by the Christians because they were doing acts of un-Holyness, so God punished tehm by sending the superior force on them for Forsaking Him. HE only did it because they had turned their back on him.  

Lord Wafflez

Lord Wafflez

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:22 am
Pastor Danielle
Lethkhar
Danielle~SOC
Lethkhar
Wind-Whisper
Fushigi na Butterfly
I think what he was getting at was that Hitler felt the Jews had killed Jesus.

Does anyone?

Actually, He hated Jews Because (it goes back to his childhood) As a young boy, his father abused him, so he cling to his mother. But when he was still younge, his mother died, and her Doctor was Jewish, so that's where it started. Then, when trying to become an artist at a university, out of the judges, more than half wer Jewish, and they all said no, so he wasnt accepted. While his blood was boiling, WWl had Started, and when they lost, the Germans sought someone to blame, so because Hitler was a politicle figure, he Blamed the Jews, thinking back to his life before the war and the jews that had made his life miserable. THat's where teh persecution started.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:22 pm
sasuke_twin
Well, the crusades (sory for the spelling) was Done by the Christians because they were doing acts of un-Holyness, so God punished tehm by sending the superior force on them for Forsaking Him. HE only did it because they had turned their back on him.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

Are you actually suggesting that the Crusades were justified? eek

You do realize that there were multiple Crusades, correct? And that the Christians didn't win all of them?  

Lethkhar

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:28 pm
sasuke_twin
Pastor Danielle
Lethkhar
Danielle~SOC
Lethkhar

Does anyone?

Actually, He hated Jews Because (it goes back to his childhood) As a young boy, his father abused him, so he cling to his mother. But when he was still younge, his mother died, and her Doctor was Jewish, so that's where it started. Then, when trying to become an artist at a university, out of the judges, more than half wer Jewish, and they all said no, so he wasnt accepted. While his blood was boiling, WWl had Started, and when they lost, the Germans sought someone to blame, so because Hitler was a politicle figure, he Blamed the Jews, thinking back to his life before the war and the jews that had made his life miserable. THat's where teh persecution started.

Actually, Jews were already persecuted in Germany without Hitler's help. It's called racism.

And that racism sprouted from religion.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:37 pm
(havnt read other comments)

well 1. the mormoms were doing what the bible said not to do and that is shed innocent blood
2. the crusades were not fought over religious purposes, rather they were fought for land, and money, Gods will was just used as an excuse
3. they extremist muslims are literally following the Koran o.o the koran literally tells them to kill non-believers.
4.Religious ppl sacraficed Jesus remember? just because their religious doesnt mean they follow God
5. ive noticed that you are equivilating Christianity to every other religion, even though its different then all the others(almost completely different).
6. lets hope no one here is religious, and everyone here is a Christian.(the last one is a joke just to let you know, im seperating religion from Christianity in it, which if u think about it religion is about doing, and in Christianity its all already done.)  

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:40 pm
Type Text Here
A Different Light
Lethkhar

Does anyone?

I believe he was for his earlier career, and then was an atheist by the 40s or so. Correct me if I'm wrong.

He was a Christian. And in his book he wrote in Jail he said that he thought he was doing God will.

Here Hitler praying:

Hitler leaving church:

The brown army at church:

This was hitler oath:
http://www.nobeliefs.com/images/HitlerOath.mpg

In the 1930's 1940's Germany was the most Christianised country in the world...
These graves show a traditional Christian style burial of the time.

Chaplain with a machine gun unit:
Quote:
Most wars are justified on religious grounds.
Of course if a soldier felt uneasy about slaughtering others, they could always turn to a chaplain who would then patiently explain to them that killing is allowed by God and about the righteous morality of war. He might then give a few Biblical examples of God ordained killings. And then he might tell them that Jesus will forgive them and send them to Heaven if they should happen to die.

In conclusion. Very 'Christian'.
-Adolf Hitler, in a radio address, 30 Jan. 1945
God the Almighty has made our nation. By defending its existence we are defending His work....

Only He can relieve me of this duty Who called me to it. It was in the hand of Providence to snuff me out by the bomb that exploded only one and a half meters from me on July 20, and thus to terminate my life's work. That the Almighty protected me on that day I consider a renewed affirmation of the task entrusted to me....

Therefore, it is all the more necessary on this twelfth anniversary of the rise to power to strengthen the heart more than ever before and to steel ourselves in the holy determination to wield the sword, no-matter where and under what circumstances, until final victory crowns our efforts....

In the years to come I shall continue on this road, uncompromisingly safeguarding my people's interests, oblivious to all misery and danger, and filled with the holy conviction that God the Almighty will not abandon him who, during all his life, had no desire but to save his people from a fate it had never deserved, neither by virtue of its number nor by way of its importance....

In vowing ourselves to one another, we are entitled to stand before the Almighty and ask Him for His grace and His blessing. No people can do more than that everybody who can fight, fights, and that everybody who can work, works, and that they all sacrifice in common, filled with but one thought: to safeguard freedom and national honor and thus the future of life.

even though he himself said he believed Christ, i dont think to be the case in this, for one many of his views were of macro evolution(in that evolution had messed up in making the jews, gipsies, and gays, and it was his duty to destroy them) =P his views were really Christian at all, mostly atheistic, running towards an evolutionary mind sat rather then a Christian mind set.
(i also believe that the whole God thing was like the crusades it was only used as a tool to get ppl to join the cause)  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff