Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Love is love... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

would you love what you love?
  yes
View Results

Jennycat_007

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:57 am
Invisible Ukulele
I guess its just because they aren't used to the idea, or are homophobes. But it really pisses me off when people are all ew because they think that all yaoi is all the time is just two men ******** graphicaly when in reality there is much more, say shounen ai or slash or non lemon fanfics. What I really hate is when someone says this ''ew you like yaoi?! Eeek you pervert." bleh to those people.

Me too. I hate it when people say'' eww... gross'' ''you like that stuff?'' People like that can really piss me off sometimes. But luckely i've learned to ignore those people and not let their stupitities get involved with my love for yaoi 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:47 pm
Like many had said it's about the religious, the way they have been taught and their surrounding. Many aren't comfortable about gays or same-sex relationship. I believe in true love... so it doesn't bother me if Im in love with an opposite sex or same.  

k.nightfox

Artistic Repertoire

Distinct Explorer

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:04 pm
There just people that think about the bad things and not the good things there the "the glass is half empty" type  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:10 pm
accually i got into an argument with my friend on this subject.... he says its wrong because it goes agenst nature and common sense..... but personally i think that it doesnt matter because if you love someone then you love them and nothing can change that. I fell in love with a mormon when i was an atheist, people thought we wouldn't ever get together but we are perfectly happy together.  

spoon of sugar

Sp4cegh0st

Magical Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:52 pm
most of my friends find yaoi gross becaues there just not use to it the first time i saw it I loved it right away most people would have found it to be a bit odd but for some reason I liked it ^^  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:06 pm
my best friend didnt like yaoi at first but after him seeing gravitation with me, he likes it now.  

Sloth27

Chibi Cheeks78

4,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:47 pm
Ignorance and closed mindedness might be a factor in some cases but that's not always true. For the same reasons why I find it disgusting to see gay men making out in real life so too might others feel the same way for the same reasons. There is no homophobia here. I just differenciate homoeroticism that exsitsts for the entertainment of others and homoeroticism that exsists because that's how two people choose to live.

My roomates know that I absolutely love yaoi but even if I just mention it the whole house erupts in a symphony of barfing noises. Simply put, they think it's disgusting to look at. Just like no one can really explain why they think yaoi as a form of entertainment is hawt, still others can't explain why they hate it.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:05 pm
People are immature, make fun of things they can't understand. It's sad, but it's better to let them be...  

Enbii

xMartyrdomx

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:05 am
I think you guys got it all wrong. >< Nowadays, when someone dislikes something, they slightly hyperbolize on it or over-exaggerate. People should be left to their own devices. Their position on homosexuals ( which is usually tolerable ) plays a big role. Don't go shoving it down their throats. If everyone miinded their own business, then we wouldn't be having any problems.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:45 pm
the minority is close minded...we have to live with it...im gay and its my burden to bear but we have to look toward the future...  

Brbnr

[Romiette]

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:33 pm
Like other people have been saying before, people fear what they don't understand and what they have been taught to fear.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:47 am
I think it is because people are afraid of what they don't understand. Homosexuals' have been discriminated through out the eras, so it stands to reason that they would discriminate against Yaoi and Yuri as well. I think they fear it because they could be tempted by it, and that scares them because they think that it is, in a sense, immoral.  

IfAngelsBurn

N e v i n n o s t

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:25 pm
I blame the society... Narrow-minded biggots... Not everyone is accepting of people loving another of the same gender. They use the bible as an excuse yet I haven't seen even one paragraph that denotes the loving of another of your same sex... People are corrupt.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:38 am
I really don't understand why someone would think its gross but I guess who am I to say when my opinion is just as biased as theirs.  

Xechiel

_LLexAxeLL_

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:52 pm
I really do hate it when people do that.. You know, say stuff like, "Ew.. How can you like that stuff?" But.. I guess it is there opinion, even though I don't like it very much.. If you like someone, same gender or not, it shouldn't matter.. But oh well to some people.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff