Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Witches Weekly--Updated July 15th, seriously. -- old topic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:32 pm
1. Your single best environmental tip.

Recycle damnit. Whenever you can. I work for recycling, we actually do it.

How do you justify (to yourself) your use of things that you believe are
bad for the environment (coal, oil, gasoline, etc)?

Honestly, I don't feel the need to justify it. But I guess its something as simple as...s**t, cows and their methane gas. Nasty and natural.

What one thing would you be willing to give up (or reduce consumption of
drastically) to improve the global environment?

Paper Plates and tampons. I haven't bought paper plates in forever, and I'm saving money for a keeper or divacup.

What one thing wouldn't you give up?

My computer and books.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:57 pm
Do you believe dreams are ever symbolic?
Definitely, although most of the time they're just...your brain purging excess thoughts and stuff.

How do you interpret dreams? Do you feel some are scenes from past lives? Future premonitons? Hidden thoughts and feelings?
Usually in my case if I have a prophetic dream it's just a really normal-seeming part of a dream, so I don't remember it until it actually happens IRL and then I have a crazy deja-vu moment.

so..yes. I get prophetic dreams that later happen in my life, usually about a month or two after the dream. and most of the time it's not important stuff. As for other dreams yes, I think they definitely deal with thoughts and feelings we supress when we're awake.

What do you feel was your most symbolic/meaningful dream?

hmm. I'm not sure, but one time when I was younger I had a dream, and then about three years later it actually happened. It was great, because the dream originally had me having a convsersation with a friend I had not yet met. ^_^.  

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Faerie-Ishee

Shameless Fairy

9,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:07 pm
September 25, 2004
Dreams

I do believe in symbolic dreams. I also believe in dreams with premonitions... I often find that my dreams reflect things that I'm going through- and on more than one occasion I've had dreams that were basically... I don't know how to describe it. Psychic I guess... When I was in 3rd grade (I think... so long ago sweatdrop ) I started dreaming about my Grandpa. We'd just be in a room talking, and I could never remember what about. He'd left town years before I was born-- before my mom and dad were even married. I'd never asked, because I knew it was a no-no topic.... but suddenly I started asking and dreaming, it happened for two weeks. I stopped suddenly, and three days later, my Grandpa showed up. My mom asked him why he'd come back to this, and he said that he'd started wondering two weeks before if he had anyone here he should know about, so he'd gotten on a bus three days earlier and showed up here. My mom just kind of shoved me at him.

There's also a more recent one, it happened for two weeks before my birthday and in it my boyfriend was cheating on me with my one time best friend, basically. I found out the day before my birthday it was true... the dreams are really weird... too real to be real, almost...

How do you interpret dreams? Do you feel some are scenes from past lives? Future premonitons? Hidden thoughts and feelings?

Sure, I feel they're scenes from my past--- that or I'm just effing crazy. I tend to just sit and think about what they could mean, or I find those "Dream Dictionaries" and try to figure it out. Some of them are my fears (like the one where my "brother" killed himself, I convinced myself he had and I freaked out when he called me...).... some are my feelings on certain topics... random things.

My most meaningful dreams would be the two I spoke of in my 1st answer. Also, though, the other dreams I have that have that "too real to be real" atmosphere about them (they always come true to...... though they aren't as big)... My favorite one is the one that came before Grandpa came home.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:17 am

Yes, but not always. Sometimes they are what they are. Weird.

I really think they are a mix of everything. Sometimes when I have an especially accurate dream, I chalk it up to a past life (such depressing dreams), sometimes I think back and remember that I had a dream much like the situation I am in or have just finished. Most of the time, its just thoughts that need to expressed in my mind, or stories that I am thinking about.

See, this is a real tough question. I rarely remember my dreams enough to get anything from them. I remember small things. Towers with battles written into them. Hurricanes, climbing trees. Most of the dreams I remember have to do with overcoming obstacles, which is a main focus in my life.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Triste Morningstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:50 am

Depends on what you mean by 'symbolic.' I think they may be a reflection of what's going on in my subconcious, yes. I don't think they hold any core truth, however. The simply show the what's going on in my own mind.

Hidden thoughts and feelings, yes, perhaps. More often, however, my dreams are rather vivid nightmares, which is probably connected to my odd paranoias. I'm an atheist, yes, and I'd like to consider myself a rational person, but there are times when I am absolutely convinced that there is something watching me. When I go to the bathroom, I have to open the shower curtain and look in the shower, or I won't be able to stop thinking that there is something behind it. It's probably some sort of obsessive compulsive thing, but I haven't worried about it, because it hasn't effected my life other than making me jump really badly at horror flicks.

Oh, I don't know. But the one where I had sex with my homophobic (female) friend was pretty fun. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:23 am
Nuri
September 25, 2004

I'm not usually big on dreams, but these were thought up by a friend of mine:

No I really don't believe dreams are very symbolic. From time to time I have a dream that really means something to me, but I think that has more to do with me working out confused feelings and thoughts than it does with actual symbolic reference to dreams

Dreams are just that, dreams. On a very rare occasion my dream will havereally meant something to me, and they will have proved a point or reinforced something for me.

There was a time in my life when I was just scared. I mean scared of everything for no reason, and I was just hiding from it all. I had this dream where I was running and running from some sort of monster (don't remeber the exact details) and I tripped and fell and the monster caught up to me. I was screaming and screaming, cause the monster had me trapped and he was slowly taking off his mask to show me his face, and when he took off the mask I saw that he was really a kind, loving, caring person who only wanted to help me. It really woke me up to what I was doing, and the fact that I was running and hiding and putting in all this work to escape from things I wanted and that if only I could be a little more braver I could have what I wanted.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Midnight Ana

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:19 pm
Nuri

September 25, 2004
Dreams

Yes, To quote my 8th grade English teacher (hopfully correctly) "Everything has some symbolism". It can be hidden symbolism that we really have to look for to find under all the other stuff.

I try to write my dreams down, but I forget sometimes xp . Most of my dreams are about natural disaters, tornatos mostly. I live no where near Tornato ally, and have only seen tornatos on T.V. Maybe it's from a past life, but I really don't know.

Since I forget a lot of what goes on in my dreams I can't really say. But maybe the one where four tornatos where spinning around my house and my family would refuse to get into the basment.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:44 am
Dreams

Yes, definitely. My mom, grandmother, AND great-grandmother have had prophetic dreams, too. I know everyone says that or wants to, but my mom swears by it. And she's not exactly into occult things, either. (Super-Catholic.)

Some of it is the subconscious letting itself out, and some of it... Well, I've had plenty of dreams that did come true -- usually mundane things (like walking in my backyard with my dad), but when I was actually doing whatever I'd dreamt about, I'd think "omg déjà vu!!!1" and then realise that I had seen this scenario before.

Eh... I honestly can't remember. My dreams are pretty weird and disjointed, and I usually dream that I'm someone else. I should write my dreams down more often.  

Elendraug

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:47 pm
October 09, 2004
Influence

Couldn't think of any for last week, so I had to skip it.

Which book has influenced your path the most and why?

What person has influenced your path the most and why?

Why are you pagan?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:16 am
Um, I guess the very first pagan-related book I bought. A Witch's Bible by Janet and Stewart Ferrar. It's a pretty good book. :#
My only real-life friend that shares the same beliefs that I do. gonk Wouldn't be anywhere without her.
Why are you pagan?
Because it's the way I think, it makes sense to me, and it pulled me out of a state of agnosticism. I didn't like being agnostic for some reason. sweatdrop  

Ess

Jameta

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:23 pm
October 09, 2004
Influence

Why are you pagan?

1.) Dorothy Morrison's The Craft(? I do not remember the exact title, and I am too lazy to go fetch it xp ); it has provided a solid ground of basic information, as well as a 'lesson' set-up that would do well for many beginning books. As I develop, I hope I will find more advanced, influential texts.

2.) Ummm... primarily my great-grandmother; she was a witch herself (I do not know if she was Wiccan, though). In a sense, I am trying to reconnect with my heritage, while at the same time connect to something higher. I prefer not to tell this information without direct questions.

Not to mention she's sitting in a "cookie jar" (as so many people have thought) in my closet.

3.) My original faith did not provide enough information/connection for me... I've felt a strong pull towards it, too.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:58 am
The Ascension Manual, by Dr Joshua David Stone. It's an absolutely dreadful book, the worst New Age hokum you can imagine. But it did get me started on my path in the first place, and I believed it wholly for about six months. The backlash, when I suddenly realized I had been duped, was intense, and I went hardcore skeptic (in the philosophical sense, not the anti-mystic sense) for several months. If that's not influence - for better or for worse - I don't know what is.

My friend Ges, no question. I would say the majority of what I know today was gained directly or indirectly from him. I even attribute the activation and /or discovery of many of my abilities to be partly because of him.

Why are you pagan?
A few initial experiences with psychicism started me off, but for awhile it was nothing but faith. By now, though, I've had so many experiences unexplainable within the context of mundane reality that I can't not to be pagan. It's ceased to be a religion for me; it's more of a science.  

Skatche

Naryana

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:38 pm
Influence

Scott Cunningham's Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner
i have found this book to be a great starting point as it was mine on the recomendation of a good friend ((see below)). i also find it as a great refence tool, it very consicly lists things, dates, times and other things. i am currently reading Living Wicca

My good friend tom who was my mentor of sorts when i found wicca, never saying too much but he was just like a guiding light of sorts. He helped me discover myself alot as well.

Why are you pagan?
i will go so far as to say that paganism 'found me'. i was never content with the religion i was raised with. it just didn't feel right and seemed contridicted and incomplete. i went so far as to try to make my own religion baised off of my feeling and beliefs but i could not find the words or the expressions. When i was ready i found wicca and it seemed to fill in all the empty holes and opened my eyes a good some  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:14 am
I don't really know if this book influenced my path conisidering I am still trying to find mine, but I did find Progressive Witchcraft insanely helpful. It's a book that I certainly need to buy.

I would have to say my pagan friend upstairs, but since I am still trying to find my path I'm not really sure.

Why are you pagan?
This is going to sound cliche but I can't think of anyone other way to explain it. Paganism feels right for me.  

Aithnea Micheals

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:02 pm
Nuri

That's a really tough one, because my path has been influenced many times. Believe it or not, a fluffy author once influenced me greatly nine years ago with "The Spiral Dance" by Starhawk. Later, I was influenced by several books by Joseph Campbell, my favorite being "The Hero with a Thousand Faces." I've also been inspired by Gerald Gardner's "WitchCraft Today" and Doreen Valiente's "Witchcraft for Tomorrow." Whew!

Nuri

A former High Priestess of mine. A beautiful person in every way, and someone who inspired me a lot.

Nuri
Why are you pagan?

Because the Gods would cause trouble for me if I were otherwise!  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff