Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Coming out about Yaoi Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Artificial Shadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:27 pm
My parents would kill me if they knew.
They're old school like that.

All of my friends know I love yaoi though.
Most of them like it too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:14 pm
If my parents knew they'd probably act weird around me and badger me to keep my door open while im on the computer( like they already do but they'd probably take away my door to my room) oh but if my bro knew man he'd be shoutin and yellin and complaining like " WHAT THE HELL AUDS!!!!" and stuff like that then I'd probably go somewhere and laugh it off Im not kidding that would be funny  

Nickybobaloo09

4,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100

Silver-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:53 pm
My bro knows, I think my mom knows seeing as I saw her flip through one of my yaoi manga then put it back like nothing happened. My dad would probably freak then break the computer then calm down then feel sorry so he would buy me a new computer. XD Maybe I should tell him so I get a better computer, but I'm guessing so he might not buy a new one. o-o Nevermind about telling him.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:03 pm
My family and friends must never know. For their sakes and mine. It would be irreversible damage if they knew. I don't believe the same way they do so that's already a problem for them...

Phantom Storyteller

5,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Dental Damnation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:39 pm
I'm so proud of myself! I came out of the yaoi closet! blaugh
I told one of my friends a while ago and she was all accepting and stuff. She already thinks that Sasu/Naru is cute!
I think I'm gonna have a fellow yaoi fangirl soon! xd

I've been thinking about telling my mom soon too. I mean she's the one who took me to see RENT so I don't think this would bother her so much. My dad's the opposite though, so I'll just leave him in the dark about all this.

btw, where do you people get this so called "I heart Yaoi" shirt?
I want it!!!! whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:59 am
Who ever has Old-school (religious) parents that would freak out if they knew raise their hands*raises* razz  

Hal B Noire

Dapper Explorer

LEMURIANsavant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:03 am
i'm only open online... meh parents would send me to talk to pastor if i told them...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:44 pm
~L.o.v.e.l.e.s.s~
I haven't come out to my family that I like yaoi or gay. Some of my friends know but their rockers and most of them are are bi and gay but thee are other's who're straight and just like acknowledge it but they think I'm bi. Some of my straight friends don't even know what yaoi means while others know what it means (basically because I brought loveless to school an they started to flip through it) but think I'm straight. My family has no idea I watch any kind of BL even though i have my comp full of pics, magas, and videos.

I'm really paranoid about my binder because there are lots of yaoi pics in there so I don't let anyone touch it! o they think I'm crazy or that i have plans to take over the world or something else like that inside it.

I don't like to tell many people about yaoi unless i know I can trust them because that would mean telling them I'm gay or bi depending on the person. Also thety wpuldn't believe me because i hate to say it but there are not many smart gay people that I know. They couldn't believe I was a rocker when i started dressing like one They were all "OMG I can't believe you're a rocker, but you're so smart it doesn't make sense!"

EXACTLY. XD  

angelBmine

aa_beatrix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:48 pm
All my friends know that I enjoy the usual yaoi dose. AND so do my parents though they never say anything about it when I read gay novels or buy shounen ai manga infront of them.

I'm pretty open about it. With friends that is. I don't think my parental units would be very happy with half the yaoi things I say when with friends.
whee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:14 am
Well I came out to a few of my friends when they asked about my being gay and all so the yaoi will just come along for the ride. My mom doesn't know and until she asks she isn't going to know. My best friend is having a party this Saturday and thats when the rest of my friends will find out. I plan on telling them that I like this guy and see what they think. I expecting wierd looks but really nothing that big from my friends. Wish me luck.

*crosses fingers.

zuttodark

Chibi_Oni_chan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:16 pm
Oh! Good Luck! Good Luck! I can get uber paronoid when I'm around people with my yaoi manga. I get shifty and wierd when people come over just in cause cuz I have nosey friends. I make sure they can't find my picture stash or manga stash.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:51 pm
My family still doesn't know, but they're slowly getting closer and closer. (No thanks to yaoimanga.com and DMP, for putting out such obvious cover art!) As of now they know that yaoi is "a style of romantic manga aimed at women". sweatdrop

But my friends all know too well.  

Ootori Kyouya-sama

Andromeda3173

Mystical Neko

10,800 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:44 pm
mnn.. well only 2 of my friend know i like it.. after all... most of my friends don't even like anime or anything related... sweatdrop so those two friends of mine are the ones that like it too... xp
neutral Anime that is... mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:13 am
My Dad found out that I liked yaoi when I left a fanfic on the computer while I went upstairs. He told me to not look at that stuff cause it was wrong. But I still look at BL and yaoi all the time. My friends don't really care they just think its werid that I start giggling every time I talk about yaoi.  

xshindou_shuichix

xshindou_shuichix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:16 am
zuttodark
Well I came out to a few of my friends when they asked about my being gay and all so the yaoi will just come along for the ride. My mom doesn't know and until she asks she isn't going to know. My best friend is having a party this Saturday and thats when the rest of my friends will find out. I plan on telling them that I like this guy and see what they think. I expecting wierd looks but really nothing that big from my friends. Wish me luck.

*crosses fingers.

Good luck!  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas