Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Does your parents want you to get straight A's? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are you pushed or forced to get good grades?
  yes?
  no?
View Results

Deth Muffin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:54 pm
no not really, my parents usually don't care because i get good grades anyway. i'm mean, every time i 4.0's on a report card, all they say is "good" and then continue what they're doing. sometimes i wonder what they'd say if i had F's...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:08 pm
They don't force me, that's for sure. They do give me extra homework, extra academic stuff though. That's sorta like pushing. If I ever got a C or below, my mom would nag me for the whole entire day, but then she lets it go the next day. But who wouldn't want their kid to have good grades?

love Esiree

Centaurion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:05 pm
jessi2
well um....my parents dont punish me, they just say they are disappointed in me.. stare and like say that i was being lazy...its stupid....hmmm

xactly...my parents are like that too, they say i'm lazy and they say they're dissapointed in me... especially about math.whenever i'm not studying or doing anything productive, and they notice, they start getting on my case about it....i usually don't study because i don't need to to get straight a's in class, but i admit, it's not really their pressure, but my own that keeps me going. everytime i see an a on a midterm reportcard, i get upset and i want a 98, or 99, or even 100s. i get embarassed when i have to show my parents a b on a midterm. when i was a kid, my parents kept on saying how Harvard is a great school, so i said i would go there to make them happy. the pleasure was fleeting, cause now i'm thirteen and i understand that it's a pretty hard goal to aspire too... sweatdrop guess that's what you get for making empty promises. i probably deserve their dissapointment.... crying jk, i don't really care that much...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:12 pm
Yes... but I sucessfully disobyed. cool  

Shin2

[Queen of Spades]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:24 am
I listen, now my mom says she doesn't care, but now, I'm doing it to get rich.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:17 pm
HECKS YAAH SHOOT THATS WAT U CALL TRUE ASIAN ;]!  

KOOKIEEMONSTA

21Amber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:21 pm
They would be very disappointed if I got a B  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:22 pm
My parents always encourage me to get the best available. But as for my grades I, along with my parents, push me to get staight As. Last school year I got 1 B and all As and I felt angry at myself, even though I still got a 4.0 for the year.  

General_Tenken

Dark_Neenja_x3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:29 pm
]= yea. if i have a C+ they kind of yell at meeh and get disappointed.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:51 pm
lol of course. but i usally kick myself if i gotten a bad grade lol.  

melon7aydee

azn_pinoy_warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Aren't all asian parents pushing their children to get straight A's and when we do get an a they always say" How come there isn't a + in front of that A" get  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:00 pm
my parents are very typical asian parents wen it comes to grades. if i dont get and A then i get grounded or something. plus the fact that i feel really bad and emotional punish myself. lol wen i take tests and stuff i dont tell them that there's a test. cuz if i do i have to study for it for around 1-3 hours. xp

but i no that all this pressure will pay off eventually  

MidnightHaven

SolarX PowerMoon417

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:19 am
in asia, they have to work harder than we do, so to them, its kinds easy in america. my parents dont force me but im 3.8 average  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:21 am
today my dad wants me to watch some math video and read a math word problem book......i think im gonna hide in my room today....lol  

MidnightHaven

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces