Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
Great British Politics. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:17 pm
ice_illusion
Shh!!! You've discovered his secret identity.
User Image
rofl That's too funny.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:37 am
ice_illusion
Shh!!! You've discovered his secret identity.
User Image
Heh heh heh heh...  

Mr. Bono Vox

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:05 pm
Super no longer, alas.

Still, so long as they stick him prominently on the front bench he'll be able to soundly trounce Gordon Brown. Keep the flak off Cameron, probably.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:37 am
Invictus_88
Super no longer, alas.

Still, so long as they stick him prominently on the front bench he'll be able to soundly trounce Gordon Brown. Keep the flak off Cameron, probably.
3nodding Looks like Cameron will get it.  

Mr. Bono Vox

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:02 am
I don't like him though, lacks good policy. Style over substance really, just like a Tory Blair.

Still, power could come from the front bench rather than just the leader.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:25 am
Invictus_88
I don't like him though, lacks good policy. Style over substance really, just like a Tory Blair.

Still, power could come from the front bench rather than just the leader.
yea.. it is unfortunate... hopefully Ken Clarke will be offered/will take a place on the front bench. 3nodding  

Mr. Bono Vox

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:06 am
Quote:
No charges for gun death officers

Two policemen who shot a man carrying a table leg they mistook for a sawn-off shotgun will not be charged over his death.
Police arrested Metropolitan officers Insp Neil Sharman and Pc Kevin Fagan in June in connection with the shooting of Harry Stanley, 46, in Hackney, in 1999.

The Crown Prosecution Service said there was insufficient evidence to rebut their self-defence claims.

The family of Mr Stanley, originally from Scotland, say they are devastated.

His wife Irene said: "What happened today was an injustice.

Quote:
STANLEY CASE EVENTS
Sep 1999: Mr Stanley shot dead
June 2002: Inquest returns open verdict
April 2003: High Court orders new inquest
Oct 2004: Inquest returns unlawful killing verdict
May 2005: High Court quashes second inquest verdict
June 2005: Two officers arrested
October 2005: CPS decides to take no action against the officers

"I am devastated by it, though I half expected it. I am going to keep fighting but can't say more until I receive legal advice."

Her lawyers said the decision undermined public confidence in the police.

Mr Stanley was carrying a blue plastic bag containing a coffee table leg which had just been repaired when the officers opened fire as he walked home from the Alexandra pub.

Insp Sharman shot the father-of-three in the head, killing him instantly, while Pc Fagan also opened fire.

A second inquest in October 2004 returned a verdict of unlawful killing and the two officers were suspended from duty.

This led to an unofficial strike by members of SO19, the force's firearms unit.

The inquest verdict was quashed by the High Court in May this year but an investigation by Surrey Police was launched resulting in the arrests.

These officers were asked to make an instant life and death decision whilst carrying out the armed policing duties for which they had volunteered

The two officers were questioned on suspicion of murder, manslaughter, gross negligence and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice after new forensic evidence emerged.

But in a statement, the Crown Prosecution Service, said: "The CPS has concluded that the prosecution evidence is insufficient to rebut the officers' assertion that they were acting in self defence."

The Metropolitan Police's Assistant Commissioner Steve House said: "The legal processes examining this tragic incident has been unnecessarily protracted and the time this has taken can only have increased the strain for all involved.

"These officers were asked to make an instant life and death decision whilst carrying out the armed policing duties for which they had volunteered."

The Independent Police Complaints Commission is due to make its ruling by the end of the year.

Gah.....

no punishment for policemen who shot an innocent British Subject there is no hope for Mr. De Mendez's family...

horrible.. one of the men was in fact promoted... rolleyes

its hypocritical that the Met policemen can kill innocent people and get away with it but R.U.C. men couldnt kill a terrorist who WAS holding a gun without being put in jail. mad

heh heh.. found an anti ID Card Website... have a look.

http://www.no2id.net/index.php  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:29 am
ID cards.

Anyone here in favour?

Invictus_88
Captain

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:38 am
over the last few months the same quotation keeps coming to mind.. i believe we may be in such a situation as many where in the the 30's and 40's in Germany...

Rev. Martin Niemoller
In Germany they came first for the Communists and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me--and by that time no one was left to speak up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:32 am
Cameron 90
Davis 57
Fox 51

i was kinda hoping Davis would get knocked out... xp i just dont like him.. at all. sweatdrop  

Mr. Bono Vox

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:52 am
Cameron has it then, b*****d. I hope it's not true about his being a Tory Blair.

..he seems to have no idea of policy. We'll see how he does.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:53 am
British politics=Tony Blair. confused  

Carmen LaVihta

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:08 pm
Carmen LaVihta
British politics=Tony Blair. confused

British politics is a distinct thing, a concept in its own right.

It we work from the commonly accepted formula that:

"Almost everything, everyone and anything" > "Tony Blair"

Then Invi > Blair

Blair = Blairism = Ridiculousness. Here we have concepts and things which are not better than blair, but causally and necessarily linked. Thus equal.

However "British Politics" as a neutral concept, not necessarily containing Blair or Blairism whilst necessarily containing a number of better options much be on the whole better than Blair.

Thus:

British Politics > Blair

Blair > Carol Ann Duffy

Invi > Solo

Naturally..

rolleyes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:36 pm
So British politics go to the same consept as "all the fish can swim->I can swim
->I'm a fish".

Ooh,I never knew politics could be this interesting. surprised  

Carmen LaVihta

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:11 pm
Blair is trying to get rid of the farmers of the country. The paper work is incredible and the money is getting less and less. It's just about impossible to make any profit without any subsidies and they keep getting cut. Theres supposed to be a farmers strike one Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, not that it's going to be noticable, so much food is shipped in from everywhere else.
So if anyone knows farmers check if they know about it, it hasn't been publisied properly. The SNFU and FFA support it. The only reason the ENFU doesn't support it is because it's in competition with the FFA, they agree with the idea anyway.  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games