I like both but I prefer Plaid  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:59 pm
argyle or solids... occationaly a plaid tweed  

Slag10

Your Head Asplode

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:22 am
Can duct tape be a selection?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:11 pm
i say BOTH!!! lol, but if i had to pick, checkeredboard is the better and is more linked to ska than plaid is.  

power609plus

Slag10

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:33 am
really their connection is just arbitrary... they became popular cause they were on some famous album covers. (Specials S/t, and the First three bosstones albums) any meaning they have was really derived after the fact.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:43 pm
I honestly like checkers more but plaids awesome too  

Bloody Mittens

adian daystar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:50 pm
I paint/draw/doodle checkers everywhere. To me, black and white checks are the epitome of simple ska symbolism. Second wave, 2tone records, the Specials... s'all good.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Personally, I can't stand plaid shorts. All the preps in my high school wear them. I'm not a prep... but I do love checkered. I loved checkered before I even knew what Ska was, ironically enough. eek Hate plaid, love checkered and skull patterns. Polka dots are totally hot on girls too.  

MCS4evr0

Jcake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:43 pm
how about plaid checkers? We'll call them plackers? xp  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:07 pm
Jcake

Or chaids. haha. I like that word plackers whee  

Frankenska

Black Dragon Disciple

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:58 pm
Your Head Asplode
Can duct tape be a selection?

I have plaid duct tape. I like checkers better though, plaid reminds me too much of bagpipes or lumberjacks. Or scottish kilt-clad lumberjacks.

If anyone knows a place where I can order checkered duct tape, tell me!! I made my own using a roll of black tape and silver tape, but it took a lot of time.

Yeah, I like duct tape.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:47 pm
Frankenska
Jcake

Or chaids. haha. I like that word plackers whee

Hahahaha!!! I like chaids too. Makes me think of C.H.U.D.s when I say the word.  

Jcake

Jcake

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:49 pm
MCS4evr0
Personally, I can't stand plaid shorts. All the preps in my high school wear them. I'm not a prep... but I do love checkered. I loved checkered before I even knew what Ska was, ironically enough. eek Hate plaid, love checkered and skull patterns. Polka dots are totally hot on girls too.

Agreed. Polkadots=DAAYYYMMMNN, she fine!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:18 am
Slag10
really their connection is just arbitrary... they became popular cause they were on some famous album covers. (Specials S/t, and the First three bosstones albums) any meaning they have was really derived after the fact.
Actually, no. Checkers were started because of the white/black unity stuff, which I'm strongly for. The only reason they were on any covers is because that's what the band valued. You are right to an extent, that is how it got popular. But the meaning was definitely there.  

MCS4evr0

Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces