Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Are Asian Parents more strict than other parents? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are Asian Parents more strict than other parents?
  Yeah, definitely!
  Nope, not really!
View Results

masamune397

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:05 pm
stressed my parents r 2 much 4 me! tats y im leaving 'em rite after HS. heheheheh  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:28 pm
normaly they are but my parents dont really care as long as i get good grades  

AznTrix

Long gone bye

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:44 pm
My other asian friends eather do or dont have strict parents. Just depends.
Thankfully mine arnt that much! For the exception of always good grades (A's which i do get), no boyfriend so i can focus on studies (aw didnt stop me b/c i'm "rebelious" like that? idk w/e hah) etc etc.. X]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:31 pm
hehe sweatdrop ! my parents are scary! but whenever i get good grades(which is like always!--haha! asian...thats how i am)their like..."good job! next time do the same thing!" but whenever i get bad grades their like....DID YOU STUDY?! NEXT TIME DO BETTER!...then they threaten me by warning me that if i dont do better than theyre gonna take somethin away! haha! funny thing is that i never say anything mean er... something like that to my parents...lol! im taught to obey my parents and respect all elders...honor ure parents. anyways now since im in middle school...my parents barely yell at me cause of all the pressure i put on myself. i try too hard...lol!...now most of the time my parents are in a good mood...so they let me do some stuff! THE BAD THING IS THAT THEY ENROLLED ME INTO A STATE HIGHSCHOOL W/O MY PERMISSION! now i hafta study EXTRA ta get in...they always give me the line..."if u pass it will make us sooo proud of you!" then it makes me feel bad sooo i study! hehe!...i hafta take the test soon crying *sniff sniff*  

lil_miss_Mizuki

[-pixie-]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:01 pm
no not really, my parents are okay with whoever I hang with, etc but when it comes to grades; i have to get at least straight A's [they expect me to get A*'s xp ]  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:07 pm
Not as strict as parents from India and around the Middle East. 3nodding

Besides no one should be scared of their parents for getting bad grades unless they physically beat you but then again if you can stand the stinging it's all fine.

Maybe I'm just really rebellious still... (not as much as when I was younger though)  

Rainbow Pinku

L e e

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:53 pm
They don't let me go out with my friends. D:  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:12 pm
i dont know if this is the same for others but my parents are stricter than my friends parents  

MidnightHaven

Yumiki Nakio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:57 am
my parents doesnt care wat i do as long as i bring home good grades and i dont have a boyfriend and i dont go out with my friends and spend too much $  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:23 am
Well, I Dont Really Know Because I Dont Have American Parents And I Dont Go To My Friends House That Much.  

Princess Sugar

SuBZeroBPT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:43 pm
i guess so  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:34 am
My parent sare cool surprised They aren't strict at all sometimes, but before when i wasn't born yet, my sisters say they were VERY STRICT! But now as they get use to the new century or time, they are less strict then before. So glad i wasn't born yet!  

-alwaysmile-

Pentagramy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:31 am
Yeah. My friend's parents don't like me because I'm white. They say I'm bad for him, but he goes with me places anyway...
Plus, his grades are all A+'s and his room is...very clean...The only reason they probably let me in their house is because I'm will to learn Japanese and their culture sweatdrop lol.

P.S. Sorry if that sounded racist! His parents actually don't like me because I'm white....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:30 am
I wanted to go on a camping trip with a few friends, but when they came to pick me up, my mom saw that there was a greater number of boys than girls, and didn't let me go. I was all "WTF?!"  

Tealith

Loonia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:46 am
Uh. Yeah. My mother is one that I can't even have help me with my homework anymore...she is evil with the wooden spoon. Not to mention that she starts complaining to me in korean when she is mad. Can't help but laugh at her for it though.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff