Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:06 pm
A Dark Knight
i am sorry if i offend anyone but i can't stand Christians, they're the most ignorant, arrogant, close-minded, and hipocritical people on the earth. and i'm surrounded by them! sad it's not what they believe in that makes me not like them. but how it makes them think. not only do they reject everything/one else whether they're right or not, but they won't even question theirselves to make sure that they're right. they think that if something is in the Bible then it is true and right and everything else is wrong and a lie. and if ur not Christian ur going to hell. and then they don't even follow half of what it says. they won't question anything... they're either just to dumb to even think about it or they're to afraid that they might find out something they don't like.
this makes me more sad than mad...
so i just try not to even talk to them cuz most won't listen to u anyways and the rest dont care.
if i were invovled in something as important as religion, i would at least pick one that made sense and dedicate myself completely to it.

Unfortunately, by grouping ALL Christians into a giant, single group makes you something of an "ignorant, arrogant, close-minded, and hypocritical person".

Not all Christians are extremists. Not all Christians shove their ideals down their throat. Not all Christians are blindly ignorant.

In America, roughly 8 out of every 10 people is Christian. Can you honestly say that 8 out of every 10 people you know shoves Christian ideals down your throat? No.

Get over cliched social stigmas about Christianity. Yeah, there are ignorant and intollerant Christians. However, by singularly hating ALL Christians (80% of the US, and 33% of the World) just for being Christian, you yourself are just as (or perhaps, more) intollerant than the people you describe.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:04 pm
I guess I break the mold wehen it comes to Christians then. I've been a Christian my whole life but I'm also a gothic lesbian so I'm not accepted by many main stream Christians. There is no actual problem with the religion itself its just a fewe of its followers that make the rest of us look bad.  

kayla1234098

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:24 am
kayla1234098
I guess I break the mold wehen it comes to Christians then. I've been a Christian my whole life but I'm also a gothic lesbian so I'm not accepted by many main stream Christians. There is no actual problem with the religion itself its just a fewe of its followers that make the rest of us look bad.

Exactly.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:44 pm
As a Catholic, I obviously have nothing against Christianity. There's obviously people who take it too far when it comes to confronting other people about it, and that's where a lot of anti-Christians come from. I'm not about to go smacking people around with a Bible, contrary to popular belief. rolleyes Same goes for my Priest saying that so and so will go to Hell, which is completely untrue. My Priest would never be so completely retarded, since he well knows that God makes that judgment, and not him.

That's a main issue when it comes to Christianity and it's followers / haters. Missunderstandings about what the religion is about. Many people, without researching or experiencing first hand, assume things about another religion, and therefore hold grudges against it that are just...unnecessary. For example, most Anti-Catholics I've met will say, "You worship Mary!" or, "You think homosexuals are going to Hell!" or, "You're all about the money!" or even, "You don't have a personal relationship with God! You pray to the saints! How dare youuzz!!11one!"

The problem is people provoking people like that. Telling them what they believe, and when they explain that it's not true, they just ignore it. I don't quite understand why, but oh well.

Some people just...take it too far, in my opinion.  

x Socks x

Sisemen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:23 am
2000 years ago the religious leaders came to Jesus and asked
"What is the most important of the ten commandments?"
Jesus answered
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you, If you do this you will follow the other commandments"

From this simple teaching of love over two hundred religions have risen.
And they all hate each other.

I don't believe in organized religion. I believe that your personal beliefs are between you and God. If you feel the need to go to church then by all means go, and go to any church you choose but keep your mind open and don't fall into the beliefe that if I don't go to your church I'm going to hell.

Being a Christian Goth ain't easy and you'll catch alot of crap but God will except you and he doesn't care if your Goth  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:50 am
I know that not all Christians are bad; In fact, quite a large number actually follow Jesus' teachings of love, respect, etc. The thing that pisses people off is the vocal and extremely active minority that condemn, legislate the bible, keep people in ignorance, etc.

'Tis just a stereotype you'll have to get over =/  

Aloquin

necromancy14

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:29 pm
I personally am not Christian, but I was good firends with a devout family of Catholics. I remember the mother went a little over the top sometimes (ie. wouldn't let her children see a magician, had 7 kids-and counting- while on financial aid) but they were really nice. I have no problems with Christians, only those that condemn people for being homosexual/for abortion/etc. and those that go around trying to convert people. Christianity might be great for some, but I don't want it and people who try to tell me how much I need it just make me angry.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:35 am
although i am not a christian i have respect for persons that belong to that way of life. it is a good way for families to bond if everyone fits into that lifestyle. i do not fit into that lifestyle but i dont feel i am wrong or christians are wrong. its just that everyone is different and that is one of the things that make life interesting.  

screwed pixie

gothkid82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:56 am
As a Christian myself, I can see where a lot of the criticism comes from.

My experience, being raised by two devoted Christian parents, is that they can be very pushy in their beliefs. They have the potential to be in-your-face when around them... but many of the Christians I fellowship with are timid and try their best not to force things on anyone.

Over all I see them as just trying to help, as genuinely caring about others, and some of them are the nicest people you'll ever meet. I see them as positive.

I can, however, understand how they can be seen as stuck-up and over zealous.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:54 pm
A Dark Knight
i am sorry if i offend anyone but i can't stand Christians, they're the most ignorant, arrogant, close-minded, and hipocritical people on the earth. and i'm surrounded by them! sad it's not what they believe in that makes me not like them. but how it makes them think. not only do they reject everything/one else whether they're right or not, but they won't even question theirselves to make sure that they're right. they think that if something is in the Bible then it is true and right and everything else is wrong and a lie. and if ur not Christian ur going to hell. and then they don't even follow half of what it says. they won't question anything... they're either just to dumb to even think about it or they're to afraid that they might find out something they don't like.
so i just try not to even talk to them cuz most won't listen to u anyways and the rest dont care.
if i were invovled in something as important as religion, i would at least pick one that made sense and dedicate myself completely to it.

Hey a*****e lick my nuts while i rape you with a crucifix. i realy hate more than anything else when some one calls All Cristians hippocites and goes on a rant about how we are all ignorant sheep without stopping to think that by generalizing christians all ALL ONE WAY you might be acting in a hypocritical way your self. Telll you what though. rather than flame you any more than that i think i'll behave. if you are willign to actualy thuink for a few minutes and speak with your head on the outside of your a**. I will discuss the differance between"Bible Thumper" and Christian. You can PM me if you realy want to pursue this conversation further.  

Gaylord Mule 3

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:02 pm
A Dark Knight

I must say, you are mistaken about this. The church has been wrong before (obviously), and they have acknowledged many of these mistakes. I speak even of the Catholic Church, which is often seen as the most corrupt and dogmatic sect of the whole body of Christ. I have had many recent personal experiences with them, in fact, that have shown me that even the Catholics are willing to re-examine what they believe. Just because they are slow to do it sometimes, that doesn’t make them unwilling to change.

Did you know? Catholics aren’t supposed to hate Protestants any more. They once did. I heard that from the mouth of the priest at my boyfriend’s church. More recently, someone I knew committed suicide, god bless his soul. Rest in Peace Justin Leblanc. I thought that a catholic would believe that a person who kills themselves goes straight to hell. Years ago, that would be true. But the church is not supposed to preach that anymore.

I think that with something as important as religion, changes should be slow and careful. What is the point of a religion if it is completely fickle; not believing in anything once it is condemned for it?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:31 pm
I wouldn't know since i'm wiccan, even though christianity tryed to snuff out past pagans.  

Wanderer Ganglari

Gracious Seeker

7,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:46 pm
Fenrir Air of Moonlight
I wouldn't know since i'm wiccan, even though christianity tryed to snuff out past pagans.

And pagans tried to snuff out Christians.

"All actions have an an equal and opposite reaction"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:39 pm
eh...... i strictly follow the rede: "ain't it harm none, do as ye will"  

Wanderer Ganglari

Gracious Seeker

7,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:26 pm
gothkid82
As a Christian myself, I can see where a lot of the criticism comes from.

My experience, being raised by two devoted Christian parents, is that they can be very pushy in their beliefs. They have the potential to be in-your-face when around them... but many of the Christians I fellowship with are timid and try their best not to force things on anyone.

Over all I see them as just trying to help, as genuinely caring about others, and some of them are the nicest people you'll ever meet. I see them as positive.

I can, however, understand how they can be seen as stuck-up and over zealous.

I'm pretty much timid about it too. I don't like confronting people and trying to stuff my beliefs on others. I'm a pretty open -minded......

Most of my freinds have mixed beliefs or are Catholic, Muslim or Wicca.....

@A Dark Knight: No, we're not all ignorant people......just some. Attack the religion only, not the people who follow it, please.

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff