Medieval
  Both, duh!
  Neither
  Gold!
View Results

Fae Yin

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:11 pm
I agree with many here. I have a certain fondness for med. /Gothic fantasy but i'll take whatever is good.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:07 am
NightIntent
Personally, I prefer modern fantasy at the moment. I started out with medieval-type fantasy books, like Tamora Pierce, but got bored of those. Recently, the only medieval fantasy books I've read, not re-read, was the Song of Fire and Ice series. Other than that, I read pretty much specifically modern fantasy. I have no idea why, but it appeals to me.

So, here's my question to you: Which do you like better, modern or medieval fantasy books?

I'm like you. It's been a while since I read any medieval fantasy books. I still like them but prefer the modern fantasy now.  

07nightshade

Beloved Fairy

15,650 Points
  • Expert Converter 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Signature Look 250

Kahahana

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:32 pm
I like medieval, but for writing, I shun both medieval and modern. I write in late 1700s to mid-1800s. Because I'm a freak.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:43 am
i think to make a good book a good fantasy book it should have a meld of both. if that can not happen then medevil all the way. i dont know what it is about the mix of swords, spears, and the fantasy element that just makes me want to be in the book. cool  

flaming ember 123

Axline

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:29 am
I prefer both. It depends on the authors writing style though.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:16 am
I've read a lot of both, but it really comes down to whether the story grabs me. If the story is good enough, it doesn't matter which type of fantasy it is.  

Wissakins

coolwickedz

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:06 am
I prefer mondern fantasy... it makes me think about now and what 's happening and will faries ever come to this world. (:
Medieval is O.K but I don't really like the way they talk. o.o;
It's hard to deceipher and you can't really picture the setting in your
mind because then it's already pastt....  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:58 am
Medieval cause they had the best morals heart Like Robin Hood or Camelot. You don't see stories like that anymore because everyone has a duty to themselves but back then it was also to your King(Queen) your society, your work in general, and the person you loved. Gwendolyn falls in love with Lancelot. Then Gwendolyn is tried for infidelity and is to be burned at the stake. Therefor the other moralistic factors create one of the greatest plots ever. That story wouldn't work out today because cheating on your partner is such a natural thing. Modern Fantasies have to work around things like that.  

Lunar_Aphrodite

pkmn1995

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:53 am
i should say both but i like med better.but modern's nice too.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff