Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply The Sparks of Revolution
Questions and Input Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackJack1995

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:40 pm
Question or Issue: For a Hojo, what exactly are the limits for what their tentacles can do when it comes to Taijutsu? I understand that they are considered weaker when using moves that require great feats of physical strength with the hands and feet, but what about when using a move from a style where the use of chakra for Complex and Spiritual techniques is the focus, rather than actual physical strength? Is it then considered the same or still weaker? Can the tentacles use ANY taijutsu technique that would normally be used with the hands or feet? When grappling with the tentacles, is the only option the Heavy Body Grappling style? Because I am having difficulty imagining in my mind how I would go about modifying those moves for tentacle use.

I am only now realizing that this was a lot of questions. I apologize. I may have more as I continue trying to create my character. In fact, I already know I have more but it's a different topic so I'll stick to questions about how Taijutsu works for a Hojo for now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:51 pm
Got another question. Sorry for the bother. Hopefully this and the other one will be seen?

Question or Issue: So, I plan on making my character an E-rank academy student cause I figured why not? It has some nice rewards and I would enjoy the roleplay. One of the possible rewards it says you can get though is: "• [ May only claim once ] One jutsu type is overwhelming (katon ninjutsu, fuuinjutsu, sensory ninjutsu, etc.)"

I'm sure this is a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Is making bloodline techniques overwhelming an option here? If so, for a Hojo who treats any techniques used with the tentacles (so some grappling taijutsu and Ja Ryu the whip Bukijutsu since it says the tentacles can be used for those) as bloodline techniques, would those be considered overwhelming as a result?
Relevant Links: [x] [x]

BlackJack1995

Prince_yureil

Liberal Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:31 pm
BlackJack1995
Question or Issue: For a Hojo, what exactly are the limits for what their tentacles can do when it comes to Taijutsu? I understand that they are considered weaker when using moves that require great feats of physical strength with the hands and feet, but what about when using a move from a style where the use of chakra for Complex and Spiritual techniques is the focus, rather than actual physical strength? Is it then considered the same or still weaker? Can the tentacles use ANY taijutsu technique that would normally be used with the hands or feet? When grappling with the tentacles, is the only option the Heavy Body Grappling style? Because I am having difficulty imagining in my mind how I would go about modifying those moves for tentacle use.

I am only now realizing that this was a lot of questions. I apologize. I may have more as I continue trying to create my character. In fact, I already know I have more but it's a different topic so I'll stick to questions about how Taijutsu works for a Hojo for now.

So I can answer most but not all of what you ask. The tentacle technique debuff basically applies to all basically all non grapple/throw oriented Tai-Jutsu based on how it’s worded, though stats will help improve the speed or power and then there’s Jaa Ryu…. Being complex or spiritual won’t make a difference based on the wording with techniques unfortunately, though you can train the hands onto em if you really want and negate that negative. There’s two throwing styles, gentle style and heavy body grappling and it’s difficult to imagine with some of the techniques for sure, though you can define your character as using them to assist in the grapple or throw, additional assistance to prevent the opponent from escaping sort deal, plus you can use basic combat actions in the form of grapples or throws and custom techniques!!!

To your second question, the answer is Yes to all, if you make bloodline techniques overwhelming, if it’s considered a bloodline technique then it’s overwhelming.

You could double check with an actual mod but I do use a Hojo and am like 95% certain this is all correct.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:16 pm
Got a question about something related to a specific taijutsu fighting style. This might just be a typo mistake though. If so, I figured I might as well bring attention to it. Either that or I'm about to embarrass myself because I misread something lol

Question or Issue: Kaiser fist is a really cool fighting style. I like punching really really hard. But the descriptions of the Invigorating Kaiser Armor Training and the Kaiser Armor Mastery seem to be a bit confused. The way Kaiser Armor Mastery is described it makes it sound like the original Kaiser Armor Training only provides [1] point to both strength and speed no matter what rank your armor is at, and Kaiser Armor Mastery is better because it gives you more points depending on the rank of your armor. However, the exact words used in the one you learn earlier are "the user gains a [1] point increase to strength and speed per rank of the armor." So it makes it sound like the bonus that Kaiser Armor Mastery is supposed to give you is already being given to you.

Sorry if this is some weird dumb nitpicking. I just noticed it and figured someone would like to know? On the other hand, if I'm wrong someone can at least have a good time laughing at my expense lol
Relevant Links: [x]

BlackJack1995

BlackJack1995

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:35 pm
I mentioned this in the discord but someone brought up the good idea that I should post it here. Uh... sorry if it's nitpicky? I'm not sure if it is. Feel kind of bad like I might be bothering people with all my silly questions/nitpicks right after showing up in the guild.

Question or Issue: Melee marionette feels... kind of weird. It brings your stat cap up from 4 to 6... but Bukijutsu or Taijutsu class which it feels like the discipline is meant to work with already brings it up to 8. It lets you leave your hands free by having chakra strings come out of your shoulders or your hips or wherever... but cross-classing with Bukijutsu or Taijutsu already does that. Being able to use tai/buki through the puppets and the few extra fighting styles are nice, but it still feels kind of sucky when half of the bonuses the discipline is supposed to give you ends up feeling redundant. It makes the discipline feel underwhelming compared to the other two options.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:02 pm
BlackJack1995
I mentioned this in the discord but someone brought up the good idea that I should post it here. Uh... sorry if it's nitpicky? I'm not sure if it is. Feel kind of bad like I might be bothering people with all my silly questions/nitpicks right after showing up in the guild.

Question or Issue: Melee marionette feels... kind of weird. It brings your stat cap up from 4 to 6... but Bukijutsu or Taijutsu class which it feels like the discipline is meant to work with already brings it up to 8. It lets you leave your hands free by having chakra strings come out of your shoulders or your hips or wherever... but cross-classing with Bukijutsu or Taijutsu already does that. Being able to use tai/buki through the puppets and the few extra fighting styles are nice, but it still feels kind of sucky when half of the bonuses the discipline is supposed to give you ends up feeling redundant. It makes the discipline feel underwhelming compared to the other two options.

Melee Marionette is not always chosen with taijutsu or bukijutsu class. Also, the discipline's main benefit is giving your puppets stats and tai/buki which is quite powerful.  

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Etherious Virgil

Greedy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:19 pm
Looking for clarity on pharmaceuticals. You can only have [5] in your inventory at a time, but are they considered an infinite resource during combat, or are those [5] single-use doses?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:50 pm
Etherious Virgil
Looking for clarity on pharmaceuticals. You can only have [5] in your inventory at a time, but are they considered an infinite resource during combat, or are those [5] single-use doses?

So I quote the rule for reference and then shorthand clarified based on what I know below.

Because of the nature of these consumables, eating a pill created with this crafting branch does not remove the created item from your inventory. Instead these pills are assumed to have been made in an Infinitum amount. However, in combat, only a total of [5] pharmaceuticals may be chosen. You may not produce more than five items from this system in one battle to prevent holding infinite cures to all poisons. You must choose these five pharmaceuticals at the beginning of battle; alternatively, you may denote the five pharmaceuticals you want to keep 'active' on your profile, and may change them before each battle if you so choose. You may choose one pharmaceutical five times or five different pharmaceuticals one time, but you may not exceed a total of five. As denoted below, you may carry up to five basic or advanced pharmaceuticals, up to two special pharmaceuticals, and only one legendary. With a PA, you may increase your allotment by one for carrying special medicine and legendary medicine, but you may never expand your ability to carry more than five pharmaceuticals.

In short you can choose 5 items to carry into combat with you, you can use each equipped medicine 1 time in combat for each you take.(If you took two of the same then you could use it twice but it would consume 2/5 slots)After combat they will restock and you may choose an alternate list of you crafted medicines next combat. You may have AS MANY different medicines crafted as your crafting limits allow in your inventory but may only have up to 5 different ones in any given combat scenario.

It specifies “ You may choose one pharmaceutical five times or five different pharmaceuticals one time, but you may not exceed a total of five” meaning you can use five pills in a battle total.  

Prince_yureil

Liberal Lunatic

jake23482

Romantic Sex Symbol

17,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:52 pm
"Dojutsu acquired from NPCs must be obtained with moderator permission, and moderator oversight." : I wanted to take my Medic, Mimiru, along with some aid from likely Mayumi and/or anyone who jumps at it, on a mission to hunt down a missing Hyuuga. Resulting in finding a bad guy who has the target's corpse, and we stop them from taking the eyes...so to reclaim them for the Village, in this case...Mimi probably loses an eye during the mission and thus gains transplant. <- Does this concept seem cool/acceptable for what im wanting to accomplish?

hurrak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:02 pm
jake23482
"Dojutsu acquired from NPCs must be obtained with moderator permission, and moderator oversight." : I wanted to take my Medic, Mimiru, along with some aid from likely Mayumi and/or anyone who jumps at it, on a mission to hunt down a missing Hyuuga. Resulting in finding a bad guy who has the target's corpse, and we stop them from taking the eyes...so to reclaim them for the Village, in this case...Mimi probably loses an eye during the mission and thus gains transplant. <- Does this concept seem cool/acceptable for what im wanting to accomplish?

hurrak

Soounnnds llike a good one~  

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

Etherious Virgil

Greedy Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:53 pm
Question or Issue: Do Career professions follow paragraph requirements similarly to shinobi missions (E,D,C = 1 paragraph, B,A,S = 5) or do they follow their own rules? Additionally, do career profession missions have to be done at the characters body rank to complete?
Relevant Links: [Shinobi Missions] [Career Professions]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:43 pm
Etherious Virgil
Question or Issue: Do Career professions follow paragraph requirements similarly to shinobi missions (E,D,C = 1 paragraph, B,A,S = 5) or do they follow their own rules? Additionally, do career profession missions have to be done at the characters body rank to complete?
Relevant Links: [Shinobi Missions] [Career Professions]

You can't overwrite career missions to farm more XP so they function differently from shinobi missions at just one paragraph per mission. You do not need to do them at your body rank. It's pretty free-form.  

ghostfinch

Seeker

Evil Toaster Yokai

Distinct Hunter

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:17 am
Question or Issue: If I replenish an old character, but use their resources to basically just "remake" the same character with a couple of changes, can I keep their titles and ranks for crafting/career, or would those have to be reset. Example being my old Shinji character. He was a Chunin, with a couple of crafting titles. Would I need to completely remake the character from scratch through the replenish system and start them at square 1, or would I be able to keep the Chunin title?
Relevant Links: [Character being referenced]
[Replenishment System]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:03 am
Evil Toaster Yokai
Question or Issue: If I replenish an old character, but use their resources to basically just "remake" the same character with a couple of changes, can I keep their titles and ranks for crafting/career, or would those have to be reset. Example being my old Shinji character. He was a Chunin, with a couple of crafting titles. Would I need to completely remake the character from scratch through the replenish system and start them at square 1, or would I be able to keep the Chunin title?
Relevant Links: [Character being referenced]
[Replenishment System]

If you're replenishing, you follow the replenish system. It sounds like you'd rather just respec him.  

ghostfinch

Seeker

Evil Toaster Yokai

Distinct Hunter

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:54 pm
Question or Issue: Since Shinji was a ketsueki, and still is just without the bloodline atm (going to re-gain through implant system), would he still be auto-contracted to the bats? Or would that have been lost? Additionally, would he still have access to knowledge about them, such as the Sage lands location?  
The Sparks of Revolution

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff