Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Events ]:
:[VDay 2020]: Venus Day Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:28 pm
DaemonGabrielle
Phorcys > Mellinae
Eclipsing Swarm > Nonougo

Quelling his hunter's instincts at the sudden darkness, Phorcys recognized the soft voice, the light touch of her hands. Chuckling to himself, he dropped down in the water, just out of her arms to turn and pop back up with a boyish grin. "Could it be my lovely lady? Why, look! There she is!" He looped an arm around her waist and added, "And looking gorgeous as usual."

Before he could pour it on any thicker, the announcement from the throne stole his attention for just a moment....and his earlier growing concern began to stir again. Frowning, he pulled Mellinae to his side to whisper so as not to be heard aside from the two of them, "Err...I know we're a bit far away, but...does she look different to you?"

Of course, he wasn't oblivious...yet he wanted confirmation that he wasn't just seeing things. Afterall, you never knew what could happen at these parties.

-----

Rather than seem offended, the black fauny fluttered her insect-like wings and just appeared pleased to have not been attacked. With a giggle, she tipped her head to one side. "I find things I've never seen before interesting. Don't you?"

"That is a very good question though. What am I? I've never seen any others like myself. I don't even really look like my brother and sister, though we all look kind of like both Swarm Mother and Night Mother," she mused, only half seeming to direct the comment in the snake's direction. After a moment, she shook her head and grinned at the snake. "Well, the one sure answer is my name. I'm Eclipsing Swarm. What's yours? Also, is this place always like this or...?" She couldn't imagine Swarm Mother coming to these things every year if this was all they had to offer. Even if one didn't need to survive on the love of others, this was disappointing. Perhaps this snake person was her key for proper information. And if nothing else...maybe she knew where they could cause some proper mischief and entertain themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:44 pm
Antidia
Eudora > Lucius

Eudora aimed an uneasy frown at the cherub who immediately went back to sleep. Not a good first impression for a place that was supposed to be renowned for its party atmosphere and luxury accommodations. "Maybe," she hesitantly agreed with Lucius' suggestion that perhaps there was more to be had here than met the eye at first glance.

Something in her doubted it though.

For the apprehension she felt, however, stronger yet was the desire to see more and try to figure out just what sort of place this was. And whether or not this was normal. If it was, well...they would have their work cut out for them in the morning trying to work out some kind of trade agreement that was even close to beneficial to both sides.

What could this place actually have to offer? Were the stories a lie? If not a luxury resort, then what sort of place was this Las Venus?

And if this wasn't normal, then what in the world had happened here?

Entering the hotel lobby, the sight was no more encouraging than she had hoped seeing the streets on the way here. They seemed to have arrived during an announcement and soon an odd little band (?) began to play music (?). With a half wince, she commented to Lucius while rubbing one temple, "Not sure I'm fond of the musical choice, but....I've heard worse."

A curious glance to the woman on the throne stirred more questions. "Do you think that's this Venus person who is supposed to be in charge?" Odd individual. Or perhaps it was just someone in charge of the festivities this evening...if you could call them that. Either way, were they someone in power that they could ask about discussing trade agreements in the morning? Perhaps they should see about a place to stay for the night; she wasn't sure how much business would get done with uh...whatever this was going on this evening.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Girlfriend. Well, that was a bummer. He should have realized it, of course, he was joining their card game, afterall. And the female hardly had paid him any mind, she clearly only had eyes for one. As the one introduced as Hortense blew a kiss to Jekyll, Enfys had the sudden feeling that he was intruding on their date. He shifted uncomfortably at the card table. That wouldn't make for a fun evening. However, he had already agreed to playing their game, so he needed to stick out a game at the very least. Then, he would make his escape.

Enfys attempted to focus on the card game at hand though. This required him to look at his hand of cards: 1 black jack, a red 2, a black 2, a red 5, and a red 7. No matches, and no 10s. "I do not have a red 10." He responded blankly. He raised an eye as Hortense shared all the cards in her hand. In the other game he played, one didn't share their hand until the very end. What was the point of asking what cards she had if they already knew? Perhaps this game would end quickly. Good.

A welcome message. Thank the Guardians, the party was finally starting. Oh? Music! Perhaps that was where he would soon make his escape too. But... what was that music? Enfys' was torn between loving it and hating it.

Dream WhiteWitz
Hortense

Mist_of_the_Ages
Jekyll

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Yeah, I guess you are right. Monroe agreed. If someone had passed, perhaps they were just honoring them. It wasn't really so bad when you framed it that way.

The demon relaxed into him as he put his arm around her. The first thing she had told him when they got here was that she wasn't afraid, but now that she was actually here... perhaps that hadn't been the truth after all. She didn't want to be afraid, and she knew in her head that she had no reason to be afraid. Yet, the way she had relaxed when he touched her, she was clearly tense for a reason.

"Sure..." she said with a slow nod, "that's a good idea." Monroe walked with Gray towards to food table. More disappointment. She really didn't want to let the male see how disappointed she was though, she wanted this to be a good evening. Doing her best to mask her voice, "Wow, I wonder what we should eat first."

Mist_of_the_Ages
Gray

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Mist_of_the_Ages

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:34 am
Alt for Tartara

______

As she blew him a kiss, his heart just about stopped. For a moment he didn't even register Enfys reply. Girlfriend... girlfriend.

He shook his head to snap back to reality. "Ah what a shame, I have to draw." He reached to the pile and picked up the first card on top. A black 4. That don't help him.

As Hortense began listing her cards, he quickly stifled his laugh. She was so...so cute! "T-Teeny?" He smiled gently at her. "You want to keep your cards a secret, otherwise we'll know exactly what cards to ask for and take them before you can make pairs." Slight oversight on his part. But considering her made the game up of the top of his head, of course he'd miss some details. "As for your As, if they are the same color you have a pair to place down! If they're not, we have an opportunity to steal." At that moment, music started playing.

If you could really call it music. Way too...boppy for his taste. He was more of a string instrument fan. He peeked over to the throne where once RIP sat was now a woman. Who was she? Was she this Venus everyone spoke of?

Hortense was decidedly prettier.

Speaking of which, he turned back to her. "Okay, now it's your turn to ask me or Enfys for a card you think would help you ... like me for a long." Oops, did he just completely on accident give her a hint on a card he had that would benefit her?

Silly him.

wolfs heart
Jekyll to the poor awkward third wheel blaugh

Dream whitewiz
Jekyll to Hortense - TOTALLY an accident

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:35 am
Electricity--or was it fire? he was, after all, son of the great firebird--shot through Zhixuan's skin when he kissed her. She'd been about to return the sentiment about the whispering of names, when suddenly a hideous snake attacked from out of nowhere.

Zhixuan screeched and launched herself at it. She wasn't sure if she was defending Feng Zhi, or if retaliating against this horrible creature for interrupting her moment, or simply acting out of primal rage. Either way, that naga was about to get a face full of claws.

Antidia
Feng Zhi

shadica
Hauyne

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:42 am
Kelebek nodded her assent, then took Hjortur's hand to lift out of the water. She shook herself off somewhat, then went to step out of the pool. Her beautiful tail split into two dainty legs. She had to look away--what a ghastly thing. She stepped onto the floor and wiggled her toes and bent her knees. "I'll never get used to that," she muttered darkly. "Bleugh." She leaned back over the pool and wrung out her hair. She didn't want to be dripping all over the tile floor. One of these idiot land pae would slip.

She nodded toward the throne where "Venus" was sitting. "What d'you make of that?" she asked. "Someone doesn't want to be recognized."

Daisicle
Hjortur

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:50 am
The more she moved her hands, the more he got used to it. He almost had to wonder if this was normal or if he just managed to attract... well someone special. He tried to remain still while also craning his head around to look at her, wondering which of the two had the proper protocol in these situations. He had been locked away from the world for too long it seems.... or perhaps not long enough. Should he be touching her wings in return?

His hand reached out momentarily before forming a fist and he pulled it back.

She asked about Momda. He laughed. "No no, its just. I have two fathers. That's just our way of affection. Momda is more our mom, if he were female, so he's ...both....I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense." he sighed momentarily, running his other hand through his hair. "It's nice to meet you Rosewater....and yes, I can fly." he chuckled softly. "Same as you i expect?" he tilted his head, unless her wings really couldn't support her?

Daisicle
Parker above, Eszra below

Eszra sighed, tapping the end of her staff into the ground impatiently. "I was pretty sure Harlow mentioned a black angel...or something about shadows....didn't he Nippy?" she mused to her turnip, turning him several directions and even bringing him closer to her ear to listen to him before deciding she was quickly growing bored. "Well perhaps I've gotten the wrong one..." she said, having made up her mind to leave when some sort of commotion went on downstairs.

She listened for a moment, keeping her head tilted to one side. "A band? How quaint...care to check it out Nippy?" she said loudly, eyes slowly sliding towards the shadows too as she wasn't just talking to her turnip alone. Maybe some music would draw the other out? Or maybe not...

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:51 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Dulce was beyond excited for this party. She'd met a cute guy at this social event in the City--where she was seriously thinking of moving; nothing exciting ever happened in West Beach--and he'd invited her to come to this party with him! It felt so good to stretch her wings like this! She'd been living with Mama and her siblings for so long, always the youngest, always the smallest...

She'd met up with Beatrice again in the City and they'd traveled here together. She was looking forward to getting to know him better! Doing a little dancing, maybe having a couple drinks...the possibilities were so many, and she felt a little giddy just thinking about all the fun they were going to have. This was her first date, after all.

The party seemed to be rolling already when they arrived. Perfect! And a band had just started to play! The music wasn't what she expected for a party, but those little cherubs were so cute! "Want to dance?" she asked Beatrice.

SSBrosB
Beatrice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:39 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Hmm.... so 'momda' a colloquial term for a 'motherly' father of a male, same-sex relationship. Would that make a 'fatherly' mother in the case of a homosexual female pair a 'dadma'; a 'dom'? No, that last one cannot be right...."

So they could fly; even more interesting. She really wished she could look at the bone structure.... but that was probably asking too much, now wasn't it? Especially without a healer to either numb his pain or put it back together again when she was done. Maybe if she used her power juuuuuuust a little bit, she'd be able to deduce his circulatory structure at least?

The capricorn was beginning to lose herself to a tangent of thought when he caught her with a question of his own.

"Not particularly, no." Without looking behind her, she unfolded her wings and flapped them quickly to hover about half meter above the floor for about 10 seconds before touching back down. She then gestured back at them with her thumb as her wings folded once more. "This is about all mine are good for; my brother's as well. From what I can guess, our figures on land are simply too heavy for them to support flight for long periods of time. Does the difference lie in a lack of a supporting skeletal structure, I wonder..." Now she really wanted to take a peak inside...

The new screech of the band beginning to play was the first thing from her surroundings to elicit a response from her; what in Laisidhiel's name?! Displeasure touched her features as her ears folded downwards, almost as if trying to block out the sounds. Ugh. Well, maybe this would be a good excuse to get him to somewhere she could examine him more thoroughly; certainly there was so much more to him than--

Her thoughts froze as she caught sight of a lightly-colored pae a little off in the distance. That was... She appeared to be a sprite, but with a figure far different than any sprite she'd ever met. And that tail... Could she...? Could she be similar to her?! She had to know more.

Without a moment's hesitation, she waved over a mellon with demands for a piece of parchment, some ink, and sand, which was quickly (if apprehensably) made available to her. Onto the parchment she scribbled 3 different sections before pouring the sand onto it and giving it a blow to make sure the ink was dry.

"Excuse me, something has caught my attention, and I must go now." She spoke this as she wrote before handing the paper to Parker. "Now, I have written how you may contact me either via the great Tree or in the Spring - I would recommend the Spring, as they tend to treat the words of hybrids more kindly and that is currently my main residence. I am unsure of which languages you may be literate in, but I have given the same information in faun," she pointed at the top section, "naiad," the middle, "and common script." the last section. "My common script is weak - it is not easy to find a faun or naiad able to teach it - so forgive me if that is your preferred writing and I have made any grammatical errors. I have many other questions I should like to ask you, and frankly I wish I could give you a more thorough examination, but these things cannot be rushed. If this would be of interest to you, simply contact me in the manner described here at your earliest convenience." She took a step back and offered a handshake while finishing, "It was a pleasure to speak with you, Parker," before nodding once and heading off.

With a perk to her step, Rose walked with purpose to her next destination: the sprite with an unusual tail.

Fea Line
Rose -> Parker (goodbye Parker)

MiddyGlow
Rose -> Azurea (she's walking that way)

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:07 am
Tugger had been surprised when Mobie had decided to bring him along to this festival thing, at first he'd planned on not going but Mobie had been adamant so he had no choice, something that really rubbed his fur the wrong way. Though Mobie had mentioned it was supposed to be a great party... Parties Tugger liked, Parties are where girls were and Tugger liked girls... very much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mobie had mostly told Tugger to come because he hadn't wanted to be alone, though when they'd arrived Tugger promptly abandoned him, the Rak practically swearing at him before taking off in a very annoyed mood. Mobie sighed and bobbed in the water nearby before deciding to get out of the water and nestle his tentacles on a rock close by, but not part of, the main celebration... it just wasn't the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tugger had hissed at the tentacled Pae he'd been forced to serve, not that he really asked anything of him, which was ok mostly. Some party.... he sneered and walked away, ears twitching to see if Mobie was going to call him back, when he wasn't ordered back he stalked over to the drinks, looking around at him .. ugh... so bori......wait... was that? .... Yes... yes it was.... that was another Rak... and female... he practically PURRED, grabbed a second drink and stalked right over to her "Well hello sweetness" he said to the grey spotted creature, eyes running up and down, appraising her.
Twitchapher the 3rd
Oh yeah.. he spotted her lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Hjortur had half a mind to push Kel back in the water as she wrung out her hair, but he figured doing so could only go 3 ways:

1) Kel gets mad at him
2) Kel refuses to come back out of the water
3) Both (1) and (2)

Thus, he refrained from doing so and waited for her to finish before offering his hand. As he looked on Venus' thrown, an uncharacteristic combination of contempt, disinterest, and exasperation crept into his expression. "Really? Really?" His tone might have skewed upwards in pitch on the second 'really.' "Oh come ooooon, is nopae going to say anything?! She's not even trying."

Menelie
Hjortur -> Kel

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Harlow...? That name seemed a bit familiar for some reason...

Whatever.

Oh good, she was getting preoccupied with the music, just in time too. He didn't often use his powers, so he was beginning to become quite mentally fatigued. Stubbornness might have helped him last a little longer... Maybe. He'd tell himself that.

He'd have to time it perfectly; he'd have to wait a while once he left to recover. There was only once chance.

Wait for it...

Here.

We.

Go...!

Once he was sure the fey was looking away, his form began to silently materialize once more from the shadow so he could try and sneak off unnoticed.

Fea Line
Kolgae -> Eszra

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:07 pm
"Name? Oh um Aquos." He really hoped she didn't know about him. He was just trying to live his life quietly at this point in time. "And you stranger?" He stopped as he led her a safe distance and relaxed a bit. Why couldn't his life be normal? Not until he got rid of that crazy cat he couldn't.

His attention was taken away from the fauny and to Venus as she entered the room! Errr... "I've been to these parties before and...The hostess looks like she's let herself go? It's been a few years, I might be mistaken." The giggling was making him uneasy. "I don't remember her being much of a giggler." Then the 'music' started. He winced. "That's...Something. Haha. Not to my taste." Awkward boy just wanted to go home.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:48 pm
The woman heard the words of something among the crowd doubt her identity. Sure was a haphazard attempt, but it was on purpose. And that wasn't the point!

"Do you dare to challenge me?" She stood up. Her dress strapped slipped down her shoulder and she reached around to straighten it, but the mask slipped only so slightly revealing those ruby red eyes.

The (poorly) masked woman pointed to Hjotur. "You. Please. Tell me what you really think."

Daisicle
Uh oh Hjotur

FA Goddess Eris
Crew

Mist_of_the_Ages

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:54 pm
When he put his arm around her, he could clearly feel her tense of them relax. It made him frown slightly. Was she really worried after all? If she was, she was obviously trying not to let it show. So he would respect her wishes for the time being by not asking, and subtly try to reassure her.

As they made their way to the food tables, suddenly music began to play. "Hey! Just as I thought, they weren't finish setting up yet!" That was a relief. He really didn't want to disappoint Monroe, on their anniversary of all days. "Hmm. Uh, well. I guess this bread looks alright." The angel reached with his free hand, not letting her go with the other. He picked up one of the rolls from the very small bowl of bread. Absolutely you took a bite, I then glanced towards the throne which was now occupied buy a female pae. An eyebrow rose. "Huh. Why does she seem familiar..." He murmured under his breath. "Oh, so Monroe...funny thing. My mom...wants to meet you..." Which was really saying something considering she couldn't keep a straight thought for longer than a minute. He lightly blushed, eyes flicking nervously to her face. "What...do you think?" Meeting the parents.

wolfs heart
gray to monroe
Quote:

:[ Events ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out