Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:10 pm
Haru Yates
Is the water town the darker blue bit at the end of the river?

Yep

Haru Yates
I'm surprised that the arcane mages would hate the dark mages the most! (If anything, their magic could possibly be considered more similar than any other type of magic, so... wow. Really puts the world into perspective there.)

No, by don't care I mean they have no strong opinions to them just neutral.

Haru Yates
As for the amount of time it takes, I'm also surprised that it only takes one extra day to go around the river to get to the other town. It looks like going around would be like traveling twice the distance, but maybe I'm just misinterpreting something here; Is the river calm or turbulent? (Maybe it just takes longer to cross the river due to the water current or something, where it otherwise might only have taken a day and a half to reach the arcane town if the river wasn't there at all.)
Do you understand what I'm getting at there?

The river is mainly just deep and this is a map of the full world so this is really big  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:24 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
Is the water town the darker blue bit at the end of the river?

Yep

Haru Yates
I'm surprised that the arcane mages would hate the dark mages the most! (If anything, their magic could possibly be considered more similar than any other type of magic, so... wow. Really puts the world into perspective there.)

No, by don't care I mean they have no strong opinions to them just neutral.

Haru Yates
As for the amount of time it takes, I'm also surprised that it only takes one extra day to go around the river to get to the other town. It looks like going around would be like traveling twice the distance, but maybe I'm just misinterpreting something here; Is the river calm or turbulent? (Maybe it just takes longer to cross the river due to the water current or something, where it otherwise might only have taken a day and a half to reach the arcane town if the river wasn't there at all.)
Do you understand what I'm getting at there?

The river is mainly just deep and this is a map of the full world so this is really big

Hmm... *thinking* Still seems like a rather odd time difference. I've got my ruler out and it's nearly double the distance to go around the river. 3.5 days to go around might make more sense and be more believable, (although shrinking the river's length by about 2 pixels would also do the trick).

Then again, by my logic, the light town is just under 4 days away from the dark town and the water town is about 2.5 days away. :/
It would also take about 4 hours to reach the edge of the darkness on the left side of dark town by my calculations. (longer if you are leaving town from a different direction)

Is that kinda right?
Also, is that on foot, or by horse?

Did the other two villages between Light town and Water town get affected by the war too? (and how did the arcane town avoid being drawn into the conflict?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:33 pm
Haru Yates

Hmm... *thinking* Still seems like a rather odd time difference. I've got my ruler out and it's nearly double the distance to go around the river. 3.5 days to go around might make more sense and be more believable, (although shrinking the river's length by about 2 pixels would also do the trick)

Well first are you going straight to the river then turning or starting to go around from the start, also that was kinda a rough guess

Haru Yates
Then again, by my logic, the light town is just under 4 days away from the dark town and the water town is about 2.5 days away. :/
It would also take about 4 hours to reach the edge of the darkness on the left side of dark town by my calculations. (longer if you are leaving town from a different direction)

Is that kinda right?

Foot

Haru Yates
Did the other two villages between Light town and Water town get affected by the war too? (and how did the arcane town avoid being drawn into the conflict?

The war ended because the land got messed up by the war so they had no reason to continue fighting so it wasn't that bad for them  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:46 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Hmm... *thinking* Still seems like a rather odd time difference. I've got my ruler out and it's nearly double the distance to go around the river. 3.5 days to go around might make more sense and be more believable, (although shrinking the river's length by about 2 pixels would also do the trick)

Well first are you going straight to the river then turning or starting to go around from the start, also that was kinda a rough guess

okies. So... which number feels more accurate to you then? o.O (just incase somebody ever asks Terran, "how far will we be walking if we don't have a boat?")

Xa44
Haru Yates

Is that kinda right?

Foot

Haru Yates

The war ended because the land got messed up by the war so they had no reason to continue fighting so it wasn't that bad for them

For some reason, this made me laugh. So that means most of the farms outside the town were destroyed then, right? The light town won the war so they got the land, but it's no longer fit for farming? (whelp, that's gonna affect the dark town's market price for fresh fruit and vegetables!)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:59 pm
Haru Yates

okies. So... which number feels more accurate to you then? o.O (just incase somebody ever asks Terran, "how far will we be walking if we don't have a boat?")

Idk this map will probably change a lot so its probably best to save this for the end

Haru Yates
For some reason, this made me laugh. So that means most of the farms outside the town were destroyed then, right? The light town won the war so they got the land, but it's no longer fit for farming? (whelp, that's gonna affect the dark town's market price for fresh fruit and vegetables!)

No one won the land got ruined they all whent home, and also food shortage is most the problems in that town, people stealing killing others for food, ect  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:36 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

No one won the land got ruined they all went home, and also food shortage is most the problems in that town, people stealing killing others for food, etc.

Heh. I was wondering about that~ (You answered my next question before I could ask it, lol.) Food shortage makes sense as the major issue. The malnutrition and illness that probably results from that would explain the many deaths that have become the norm nowadays. It's all coming together now~ (Or at least the details on my hometown are!)

Stupid question (not really important, but I still wana know what you think): do think the vampires in your world RP would have pointed ears or normal ears? (Normal would make them blend in better.) And do you think they should be able to go out in sunlight?
What works better for the RP world?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:09 pm
Haru Yates

Stupid question (not really important, but I still wana know what you think): do think the vampires in your world RP would have pointed ears or normal ears? (Normal would make them blend in better.) And do you think they should be able to go out in sunlight?

The ears thing honestly means nothing to me you do you, and I would say(for gameplay reasons)the sunlight would only weaken them(thats how it was with a lot of OG vaps) and I would say it would probably work better mechanically if you made it so he got stronger in the night but say that that is how strong they should be  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:23 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

The ears thing honestly means nothing to me you do you, and I would say(for gameplay reasons)the sunlight would only weaken them (that's how it was with a lot of OG vaps) and I would say it would probably work better mechanically if you made it so he got stronger in the night but say that that is how strong they should be

Ok, thanks. I think I'm going to give them normal ears (so that they blend in with humans better). Makes them a bit scarier that way. I wonder then if they would be truly nocturnal and actually sleep during the day. If they require sleep at all, that is.
Might work out better if they require little or no sleep, but are sensitive to sunlight to the point that it becomes a major disadvantage to them. Cloudy days would not bother them so much, but they would be tired or seemingly exhausted if they did venture out during the day. (with less energy to waste on annoying pests like us!) Kind of like how elves in D&D don't sleep, but they instead enter a trance-like state for 7 hours.  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:28 pm
Haru Yates
Might work out better if they require little or no sleep, but are sensitive to sunlight to the point that it becomes a major disadvantage to them. Cloudy days would not bother them so much, but they would be tired or seemingly exhausted if they did venture out during the day. (with less energy to waste on annoying pests like us!) Kind of like how elves in D&D don't sleep, but they instead enter a trance-like state for 7 hours.

I would prefer if they acted more human to make things a bit easier when it comes to side quests and general exploration  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:32 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

I would prefer if they acted more human to make things a bit easier when it comes to side quests and general exploration

Okie-dokie then, but I think that vampires should at least be nocturnal. (after all, they've always been creatures of the night.) Thoughts?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:45 pm
Haru Yates
Okie-dokie then, but I think that vampires should at least be nocturnal. (after all, they've always been creatures of the night.) Thoughts?

Think your missing my point, if the characters are only active during the night kinda makes it hard to go places and talk to people, part of the RP will be going around gathering information about things mainly the location if a specific person(not talking about vaps dad(that would work well if you would allow it but to do that I would have to take control of there backstory entirely and you probably don't want that)but that is the main storyline)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:56 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Think your missing my point, if the characters are only active during the night kinda makes it hard to go places and talk to people, part of the RP will be going around gathering information about things mainly the location if a specific person(not talking about vaps dad(that would work well if you would allow it but to do that I would have to take control of there backstory entirely and you probably don't want that)but that is the main storyline)

Yeah, but Terran is a half-vampre hybrid. (A dhampir, not a full blooded vampire.) He's similar to a vampire, but doesn't sleep during the day and doesn't require blood (although he does get cravings from time to time). No, I was talking about vampires in general, so it was more about Terran's dad, Fenrir (or Fen for short).

I was actually hoping that by working with you to form my characters back story you could build on it and use it. So you can take control of Fen if you want. I only ask that you treat him with respect even though he's a selfish a** hole. I'll try to do a personality test as him and see what he gets... (He's the type who would see a red button that says "do not press" and then press it just to see the chaos that would ensue.)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:06 pm
Haru Yates
Yeah, but Terran is a half-vampre hybrid. (A dhampir, not a full blooded vampire.) He's similar to a vampire, but doesn't sleep during the day and doesn't require blood (although he does get cravings from time to time). No, I was talking about vampires in general, so it was more about Terran's dad, Fenrir (or Fen for short).

Yeah I guess then

Haru Yates
I was actually hoping that by working with you to form my characters back story you could build on it and use it. So you can take control of Fen if you want. I only ask that you treat him with respect even though he's a selfish a** hole. I'll try to do a personality test as him and see what he gets... (He's the type who would see a red button that says "do not press" and then press it just to see the chaos that would ensue.)

Kk, and trust me if you knew what my plans for him are(can't say without spoiling everything) make him very interesting deep and makes him to the worst worst of people(still bad)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:18 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Kk, and trust me if you knew what my plans for him are (can't say without spoiling everything) make him very interesting deep and makes him to the worst worst of people (still bad)

Reading that actually made me smile because Terran's ultimate goal is to kill the vampire for the trauma his mother endured because of him. Just make him lovable (in the "he's evil, but awesome" sort of way, if that makes any sense). He should have a certain charm about him.
Without dropping too many hints about what you have in mind, what might his motivations be?

Also, do you think Fen knows that Terran even exists? (Guess that depends on whether or not he can sense his own kin/blood, or if he has met Terran in the past without the boy's knowledge.) He'd have to find out eventually, which he would probably find both delightful and amusing, as if he just discovered a new toy.  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:00 pm
Haru Yates
what might his motivations be?

He desires bad things but something might stop that from happening so he must stop that thing at all costs

Haru Yates
Also, do you think Fen knows that Terran even exists? (Guess that depends on whether or not he can sense his own kin/blood, or if he has met Terran in the past without the boy's knowledge.) He'd have to find out eventually, which he would probably find both delightful and amusing, as if he just discovered a new toy.

Probably but here is an idea(not relevant to the main plot) he might view terran as a disgrace for not being pure blood and might deny them having any relationship  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff