Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] The Second Hand Unwinds (Preacher & Chester) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:24 am
broken

"Powers can be cool," she said and she was suddenly a mink. Said Mink bounded over to Chester and climbed up him. "But I'unno. Like if I touch 'nother were, it feels bad. So I punched Oliver.... and then when I touched Jamie, I ralphed ********." She sighed from his shoulder.

"Yours is neat, though."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:27 am
hands on

"More important than ********'," she snorted. Preacher hmmed softly, feeling more and more relaxed the more Chester touched her hair. "How's 'bout.... a polishe one! Ya say somethin' like.... 'anythin' ya say can and will be held 'aginst ya. Then ya get th'other person to say your name. Try it!"

smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:32 pm
john jacob jingleheimer schmidt

"That was my first and last one," he said, protesting the word creeper but keeping it to himself. "I'll erase it if you want." Pinker, posing Preacher was better anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:10 pm
broken

"The pack thing from the charter meeting?" He'd heard her rather adamantly say she was against it, and now he knew why. He picked Hickory up and turned him over in his hands, lifting his shoulder slightly as he looked at Preacher out of the corner of his eye. "The rest of them like it? Maybe you're allergic to it somehow."  

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:58 pm
hands on

"Well, you save the world so you can get to that as a reward," Chester said, smirking as he shook his head. This time when he took a drink, it was to save her from herself. He contemplated the situation in front of him, then carefully separated her hair into three pieces at the base of her neck, slowly curling each one over the others.

Hesitantly, he said, "You're under arrest. Anything you say can and will be held against you." He understood what she was going for here, but pondering what might happen next left him a little stymied. "How would I get someone to say my name after that? They would have to already know me." Perhaps he shouldn't have been asking the drunk girl for such a detailed analysis right now.

The Semblance of Un!ty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:12 pm

"I dint say that'un was a creeper shot. Jus' in... in general." She stuck out her tongue briefly. "Like if I was sleepin' or some s**t."  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:20 pm
broken

"Yeah, it's like.... when ya touch 'nother moonwalker, it makes ya feel s**t that ain't yer emotions. Like I dint have to even know a dude, but it would make me feel like 'e was m'family n' all kinds of bullshit." She reached out a paw and, realizing she could swat at Hickory from here, settled for bapping him on the cheek.

"It's ********' invasive n' bullshit. I don' need thoughts n' s**t that ain't m'own in my head, y'know?" Preacher sighed, the sound strange from her smaller mouth. "Everybody else seems ta like it, though. Must be somethin' wrong with me."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:26 pm
hands on

"Chester,"she groaned. "Ya supposed to make up some kinda crimmmme fors me to be under arrest. Ah!" Preacher almost turned, but didn't. "See, see, I said ya name! So then ya hold. And ya get and ya done." Even if he couldn't see, she looked inordinately pleased with herself.

"It's logiscal." It wasn't, not really. "N' y'ain't bust it out afore they even know y'name, thas dumb. N', n' saving tha world... gets ya ********." She cackled.

smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:21 pm

"I doubt Mink would let me. Not that I would anyway." He bowed his head, hair falling forward in a strange poofy clump as he did. "You have my word."

Chester sat straight again. "Pretend that looked cooler than it was." He pushed his hair back to where he'd pushed it already, rolling his eyes up to look at it. "I should probably go comb this..."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:02 pm
broken

"I wouldn't say wrong," he began. It seemed to him like a purposeless way for the magic to have evolved, unless the goal was to have a pack of police officers who prioritized each other over the people they were meant to protect. "It's just invasive, like you said. Manipulative. I can see how people might like it and I can see how people would not." He would never forget how disconcerting it had felt to have his magic twined with everyone else's just before the charter was remade. If this was anything like that, he wouldn't have liked it much either.

"Had I known more about it, I would have tried to remove it during the casting."

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:08 pm
hands on

He might not have been able to see her face, but she just sounded so happy about the whole thing that it left him smiling too.

"It's a good line. I'll let you know how things go." He kept braiding. His work was very lumpy and had veered off to the right somehow. After a few more twists and turns he asked, "Would that be in a good way or a bad way? The reward for saving the world."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:51 pm

"Yeah, yeah, go powder ya nose or whatever ya need, Sir Oathly." She snorted. "Math'll be here when ya return n' I promise ya look jus' as cool as you think ya do." Which probably wasn't saying much.  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:54 pm
broken

"S'okay. I'm tha only one what hates it anyway." She shrugged - as much as a mink could shrug, and sort of slithered back down to the ground. "I gotta-" Preacher seemed to have realized exactly how much she'd over-shared, her eyes shifting colors rapidly.

"I gotta go make dinner. Bye."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:57 pm
hands on

She seemed to think about the question for a moment, ignoring the fact that maybe she didn't wanna know if that pick-up line worked on girls. "I thiiiiinkkk it depends on whoall is involved in said ********', y'knows? Like if they good s**t." Preacher hmmed for a second, rolling her shoulders.

"Are you any good at ********'?"

smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:32 pm
broken

Chester hadn't really thought of it as an overshare, but that was because he had such a normal, boring family that he hadn't yet had reason to link Preacher's potential distaste with hers. Maybe someday he would. Right now he was just confused. He watched her go, her eyes too small to properly discern the colors they changed to at first, then obscured completely once he couldn't see her face.

"Okay. Hickory will be... here."

He considered going after her, concluded that might be a little weird, then slowly got back to work.

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff