Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[COMPLETE] Congregation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:45 pm
Theo forced his arms to remain at his sides even though he longed to cross them. First of all, people had brought their damn familiars and he had not. He'd thought it was going to be a formal affair, like that court place, and skunks were about the furthest thing from formal that he could think of. But there was Horace with his bat and Nasir's squirrel, and... it wasn't fair.

He pushed that aside. At least Toto would be safe, wherever he was.

Perhaps more immediately concerning was that blank space on the whiteboard under
WARGS and that blond kid's comment about the lifespan of familiars.

"Not to interrupt your mind control, but how long do familiars live? I don't want mine to go until I'm good and ready for him to leave, but I don't want him to suffer through some prolonged old age either. Can that go on there? Is that the kind of thing we can do?" He watched America write some other stuff on the board, stuff that was less selfish.

idk who to quote
melancholiez
u ollie
lizboot
and u mebbe <3
theo can't lift markers with his mind yet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:55 pm
Eve shook her head slowly in sympathy at Ro's predicament. "You won't be able to leave, I think. Not until this is over. Your store will have to wait. Mine too."

Leila gritted her teeth, her lips thinning in frustration. Why were the new and uninformed even here? "This isn't really the time for you to be confused," she said, shaking her head. "Take a couple deep breaths and gimme a second to till you in."

Three seconds later Ro had a flipbook series of images pushed assertively into his brain. The gist of it:
  • You're magic and totally have powers you will discover eventually
  • Unfortunately being magic means you're part of a bunch of ancient problems
  • The meeting you are at is part to help determine what powers you can get in the future (The new "Charter" )
  • The meeting is also to end the old magic system which is built on and relies on a lot of violence to function (The old "Charter" )

There was enough for a rudimentary understanding in spite of the lack of memory, and Leila didn't delve much into the cycles bit. "It'll be okay if you don't have any strong opinions right now," she said, "If you think making things less violent and confusing is a good idea, you're already on the right page."

"I vote against retaining the current divisions," called Eve to the board. "And to end spontaneous development among the spirit-bonded. Oliver is right, all roles should be chosen voluntarily."

ghols

lizbt

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:56 pm
"Does it make it any better if others have access to similar abilities? s**t is still mind control, no matter who has it. Unfortunately I doubt this charter can do anything about stopping it altogether so it is a matter of keeping it away as much as possible," he uttered towards Shiloh.

melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:01 pm
"We keep the geas," Alexis said, hands clenching on the railing. "The geas makes sure nobles don't do anything inhumane - or 's supposed to. So take away the fact it can make you kill yourself, make someone else kill you, and 's just a restraining bolt." They took a deep breath. "And - being tithed shouldn't be - it shouldn't hurt, it should be you growing as a person, not being ******** broken over and over again until you're what they want."

Their knuckles were white.  

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:05 pm
    "Does it make it any better to take them away?" He sneered right back, "You tried to ******** assault me, you have no goddamn right to say s**t." The metaphorical knife in his back seemed to twist against his back—like rubbing salt in a wound—and the visage flickered with what looked like shackles. Apt, if you weren't accounting for the key around his neck; a self prisoner? "But what do I know, I'm just a stupid kid."

He huffed.

Oliver was watching his brother with a really sort of expression, followed by a Jamie can you like, put a muzzle on him? Because keeping civil was way more important at the moment (except for the assault part, like what). "I agree with Eve on the spontaneous development. Having been one myself." He actually took the opportunity to inch over. It'd.... been a while. That had been his bad.

"Do you want the were and wargs to become one again?" He asked her curiously. It seemed so. "Um, if I'm not..." Bothering you, he wanted to say, since it looked like Leila was having her hands full with Ro.

Blade Kuroda

saedusk
proximity

cibarium
o-ollie says hi mom...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:07 pm
"I am putting together a guide," Nasir called out, "but there a lot of holes in the knowledge that need to be filled." Ollie had the right idea of it.

There were also some scary aspects to being a warg that were touched upon. "I don't know how long warg familiars live. Part of me wants to guess that they might have a longer lifespan than their natural one? Otherwise wargs would have a lot of problems." Like going crazy. "It was pretty scary to spontaneously become a warg, so a way to reject the bond could be good for some.

"Wargs can already be voluntarily, we would just have to put an end to spontaneous." He was definitely in agreement with Eve and Ollie about that.  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:13 pm
"When the ******** did I assault you?" Shun asked, exasperated. It probably explained what Jeremiah had warned him about, and probably also explained what he saw in Shiloh, but even so.

"For that matter, why would I attack you?"

He closed his eyes and pinched the nose of his bridge. Alexis had agreed to keeping the geas as well, which was still beyond his comprehension. There had to be a better way of keeping people in line outside of the threat of having them lose their free will. He was trying to think of a way, but if no one else felt that way, then it wouldn't matter in the end anyway.

"And this has nothing to do with anyone's age. Do not try and twist this that way. I already spent over a month being controlled by an other creature. I think that alone is enough to give me some say in this matter."

melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:26 pm
"You ******** stabbed me," Alexis snapped at Shun, incredulous, "it doesn't matter if it wasn't you 'cause we know what we saw -- n' you weren't a tithe, Kuroda." Deep breath, in and out, in and out. "Do you want me to talk about what Scholz did? The point is to make it so that doesn't happen, doesn't matter if the solution is a hammer instead of a nail, because it should never happen to anyone to any degree."

(Their darkness raced up and around their joints, constricting, choking; their fingers at angles. It was spilling from their lips, their ears, their everything; a collar around their neck, spikes inwards and outwards, they were choking themself on it even though nobody held the leash.)

Blade Kurode

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:36 pm
Ro frowned, recognition suddenly dawned on him when Eve mentioned her store. He'd seen her in passing on more than one occasion. It was hard not to know the other small business owners in the area. She was Eve Fitzpatrick. She owned a tea shop and, well, the woman with her... she must be her wife.

It was right as he thought this that Eve shoved a bunch of information into his mind without much warning. Such an assault did not help his headache in the slightest and he frowned, blinking the white hot spots that had exploded into his vision away.

Once he had recovered from the onslaught, he looked at Eve again; voice a murmur, so as not to distract from the current discourse.

"Uh, th-thanks... I guess." He still didn't really know what all was going on, but at least he had more of grasp on it now than he did before. Cid was going to s**t a ********' brick when he got back to the store and told him about all this.

cibarivm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:41 pm
"I did not stab you or anyone else for that matter, Tucker. You do not need to have a fetch in your place to have someone going about pretending," Shun hissed sharply. He raised one of his pant legs to reveal his own ankle monitor, "Besides, that would have been a real good way to get the rest of the Police Department on my a** in a heartbeat."

He gritted his teeth and motioned back to them, "You mention using the geas as a means of punishment for the noble from doing shitty things. Did anyone do that to Alois? Or to Ezra? The Spinel Lady, herself? Set up some automatic punishments like if a noble were to attack another, rather than having to wait for someone else to strip away their free will and force them to do whatever they ask."

daekie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:42 pm
Eve smiled agreeably at Oliver. "I think the current separations will lend to problems no matter what." She was trying her best to ignore the full-blown argument happening about the geas. "Instead of putting band-aid solutions on them we should fix them from their root cause."

Leila waved Ro off with an apologetic look. "If anyone else needs exposition, I can bring you up to speed on the basic stuff in about five seconds," she called out. "I'm also concerned about keeping the geas. Can't someone come up with some better kind of faillsafe, like Kuroda's saying? Because if you've hit that point you're either up to something shitty or trying to deal with someone who is."

melanchlies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:53 pm
"Oh, look at that," Alexis snickered, glittering-eyed, "magic's started ruinin' your life too, huh?" They might have been half-laughing, but it was no means gleeful; it was I hope you're ruined just like I am, I hope you rot, I hope you burn. "And 'course nobody used the geas on them, 'cause they made it the normal way of things - you're not a Noble, you don't remember ever being one, you don't get a say in this - you're not affected by it."

It was a good thing the banister was well-made. Cheap banisters, their nails would have dragged through the wax by now.

"Nobles talk on the geas first. Then everyone else can offer an opinion." They went quiet, then. They weren't a Noble, after all. That'd been taken just like everything else.

Blade Kuroda

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:08 pm
Shun's eyes narrowed in on Alexis. This was starting to get off the matter at hand, so he said nothing on the bit about lives being ruined by magic. They were here to deal with the charter, not discuss whatever the hell was going on with him right now. If needed, they could settle it later, but there were far more important things at hand.

"Just because they made it the way things are does not mean people cannot punish them for what they have done. No one did. Having the geas at hand meant jack s**t for all of that. And if we cannot speak on things that do not necessarily directly affect us, then why bother bringing in the undifferentiated this time around?"

daekie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:17 pm
Topic : Geas

"The geas sounds a lot like a gun nobody's trained to use or particularly willing to use during the times it'd be most effective," America drawled. "Either figure out the training and use or don't leave it around for any a*****e to pick up."  

lizbot

No Faun

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:48 pm
Topic: Geas

"There really needs to be a do-no-harm clause in all this," said Leila, pinching her nose. "Any magic that breaks consent is bad news."  
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff