Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply information services
[MODBOOK] shibrogane mk II Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:36 pm
BEYOOOOOND power for leila

VULCAN
Between connecting with the Multitude, training as a warg, and being recipient to occasional messages from the future, Leila has demonstrated, in spite of great reluctance, a knack for psychic ability. Now that she’s chosen to actually embrace her potential, she’s developed into a competent telepath, able to beam information at will straight into the brain of another person. Her messages can be more dense and utilize more senses the closer her recipient is: direct physical contact allows her to pass along the full range of sensory experience if she wishes, and on the other end she’s restricted to simple text message-like scraps of thought if the other person is a mile away. Past that range it doesn’t generally work.

thank c:  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:15 pm
Please give me holiday fluff with sonny here is a thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25060963  

lizbot

No Faun

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:10 am
smolderingskies
        Trouble Change
        Old Trouble:
        Finley was once a pretty typical girl with friends, hobbies, the usual stuff. She was shy, but not cripplingly so. She wasn’t exactly a stellar student, but she was good, smart, not even having to study to keep her average grades. But after the incident - after she nearly terminally injured her best friend, Ashley, she became totally withdrawn. Even if people might have wanted to check in on her, to check in on their friendships, to continue their friendships, Finley felt infinitely guilty for what she had done. Regardless of whether she had been in control at the time it happened or not, it had been her own body that performed the deed. Well, sort of. She never even got in touch with the were-pack afterwards, feeling that there was something wrong with her. She’s ignored most advances from other weres. Her monthly transformations are a nightmare, a kind of second puberty. She and her mother are still trying to find ways to cope with it. Gaming might have been a hobby of hers before, but after the incident, it became as necessary to Finley as air. It’s a needed distraction.

Most people are pretty concerned about Finley. You might hear her name whispered in the hallways. The clerks that knew her before the incident might say, “what a poor girl,” when she leaves their store. She seems to have a dark stormcloud floating around her, and it’s difficult to reach her through whatever wall she’s put up. Finley is not really aware that others feel sorry for her. She assumes that when they talk about her they don’t have much good to say. She’s fallen into a downward spiral of anxiety, convincing herself that she’s not worth anybody’s time. Many people have tried to reach out to her, but few have been successful in getting a response. And after a while, well, it just becomes awkward to try and talk to someone who isn’t interested in talking to you.

It’s not like Finley doesn’t desire human contact. In fact, she’s cried many a night hugging her mom, even sleeping in the same room as her like a child. But her sleep is filled with nightmares, and home has slowly been feeling like less and less of a safe space, too. Every time she sees one of her classmates, she thinks that if she looks closely enough, she might see fear in their eyes. So she hides her face in her screens, and doodles during class. Finley can’t remember the last time she did her homework, and her grades are definitely slipping. She might have been confident in the past, but when she talks to someone now she finds herself slipping on her words and trailing away. People often need to ask her to repeat herself. Her mother has wanted to take her to a therapist, but they can’t really afford it. A move to another town might help, too, but again - money. She’s called the school and Finley now has weekly meetings with the guidance counselor, but she isn’t very susceptible to the meetings, yet, and the counselor only has very basic therapy training. This toruble something Finley will have to work through by herself, sooner or later, if she wants to thrive again. She’s going to have to patch herself up and move forward.

New Trouble:
        Finley was once a pretty typical girl with friends, hobbies, the usual stuff. She was shy, but not cripplingly so. She wasn’t exactly a stellar student, but she was good, smart, not even having to study to keep her average grades. But after the incident - she may have accidentally injured her best friend, Ashley - she became totally withdrawn. Her were-powers developed spontaneously, and she had no clue how to deal with it. Even if people might have wanted to check in on her, to check in on their friendships, to continue their friendships, Finley felt infinitely guilty for what she had done, how she felt. Regardless of whether she had been in control at the time it happened or not, it had been her own body that performed the deed. Well, sort of. She never got in touch with the were-pack, not really knowing of their existence. Her monthly transformations are a nightmare, a kind of second puberty. She and her mother are still trying to find ways to cope with it, but unfortunately most full moons she winds up in the basement, a heavy dresser shoved up against the door. Gaming might have been a hobby of hers before, but after the incident, it became as necessary to Finley as air. It’s a needed distraction.

Most people are pretty concerned about Finley. You might hear her name whispered in the hallways. The clerks that knew her before her change might say, “what a poor girl,” when she leaves their store. She seems to have a dark stormcloud floating around her, and it’s difficult to reach her through whatever wall she’s put up. Finley is not really aware that others feel sorry for her. She assumes that when they talk about her they don’t have much good to say. She’s fallen into a downward spiral of anxiety, convincing herself that she’s not worth anybody’s time. Many people have tried to reach out to her, but few have been successful in getting a response. And after a while, well, it just becomes awkward to try and talk to someone who isn’t interested in talking to you.

It’s not like Finley doesn’t desire human contact. In fact, she’s cried many a night hugging her mom, even sleeping in the same room as her like a child. But her sleep is filled with nightmares, and home has slowly been feeling like less and less of a safe space, too. Every time she sees one of her classmates, she thinks that if she looks closely enough, she might see fear in their eyes. So she hides her face in her screens, and doodles during class. Finley can’t remember the last time she did her homework, and her grades are definitely slipping. She might have been confident in the past, but when she talks to someone now she finds herself slipping on her words and trailing away. People often need to ask her to repeat herself. Her mother has wanted to take her to a therapist, but they can’t really afford it. A move to another town might help, too, but again - money. She’s called the school and Finley now has weekly meetings with the guidance counselor, but she isn’t very susceptible to the meetings, yet, and the counselor only has very basic therapy training. This trouble is something Finley will have to work through by herself, sooner or later, if she wants to thrive again. She’s going to have to patch herself up and move forward.

Reason for Change: In light of the recent world change, and the fact that I hadn't really RPed Finley yet, I made some minor adjustments to her Trouble to reflect some backstory changes (i.e., Blackfriars not happening). I've discussed the changes with azuredreams in general terms and was told to post here to get permission to fix up my journal! The changes are in bold above.

Approved

Melancholies
    Riser Growth Power for Shiloh Beaumont

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down - Shiloh now has perfect balance. It's still possible to knock him over if you're really trying, but he'll never fall over on his own.

Sounds good, approved

cibarium
BEYOOOOOND power for leila

VULCAN
Between connecting with the Multitude, training as a warg, and being recipient to occasional messages from the future, Leila has demonstrated, in spite of great reluctance, a knack for psychic ability. Now that she’s chosen to actually embrace her potential, she’s developed into a competent telepath, able to beam information at will straight into the brain of another person. Her messages can be more dense and utilize more senses the closer her recipient is: direct physical contact allows her to pass along the full range of sensory experience if she wishes, and on the other end she’s restricted to simple text message-like scraps of thought if the other person is a mile away. Past that range it doesn’t generally work.

thank c:

Sounds good, approved.

Sorry for the wait, everyone. Holidays at my workplace are tiring.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:02 am
NPC requested: The Peacefullest Pax
What I want to happen: siren checkup and possible incentivized knowledge thing, though i'm not even here for that if it doesn't fit. you just reminded me that birbs should have IC status update regardless :B
Link to RP: here you go  

Smerdle

Scamp

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:19 am
beyond appearance change for Alexis Tucker!

DEEP-SEA SIGHTER
Alexis' eyes have recolored themselves to have the approximate colorscheme of the abyssopelagic zone -- meaning black sclera, a dark teal-green iris, and thin white pupils. It is unsettling, but confers no actual powers (or changes to Alexis' eyesight) aside from the fact people can now look at them and realize they are neck-deep in magic if it wasn't obvious already.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:31 pm
Daekie

DEEP-SEA SIGHTER
Alexis' eyes have recolored themselves to have the approximate colorscheme of the abyssopelagic zone -- meaning black sclera, a dark teal-green iris, and thin white pupils. It is unsettling, but confers no actual powers (or changes to Alexis' eyesight) aside from the fact people can now look at them and realize they are neck-deep in magic if it wasn't obvious already.

I can't approve this right now, unfortunately: roleplays used for growth cannot have also been used towards acquisition of powers, which is what a class change is. This puts you six roleplays beneath the requirements for growth. You're free to repost once you have the correct number of RPs, however.  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:38 pm
shibrogane
Daekie

DEEP-SEA SIGHTER

Adjusted requirements that were previously thought to be unneeded for growth + finished up one last one! Unless something is explicitly wrong, Alexis should have full growth requirements completed for Beyond.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:09 pm
NPC requested: Either Pax or Sunny. Whoever would be more likely to show up.
What I want to happen: Looking into what's going on with the forest. Maybe trying to find clues as to how old Sunny died. State of the cycles. Basically just info gathering if possible.
Link to RP: here  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:45 pm
Beyond 2.0 Appearance Change: Zac's hair now sports more than just galaxy colors. The under layers of his hair now seem to have glistening places that appear to be a constantly shifting cosmic scene complete with stars. Despite the strangeness, it's all now naturally part of his hair (and doesn't wash out even if he tried).  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:45 pm
Beyond Power for America

Mini Me : Her thoughts and sense of self pulling tighter and tighter, America can shrink down to 3". Easing up and loosening those thoughts and feelings, she returns back to normal size. Practice and reaching better inner-balance enables better at-will control.  

lizbot

No Faun

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:26 am
Riser Power for Jamie

Energizer Bunny - Jamie's muscles regenerate at a faster than normal rate, allowing him to continue strenuous activity such as running, exercising, and fighting considerably longer than he could otherwise. Regen speed can vary based on the extent of the damage (i.e. general use vs. strain vs. actual injury, etc) and does not heal any physical wounds unrelated to the muscles. Consequently, this uses excessive energy, causing Jamie to get hungry faster and requiring occasional snacking to keep everything running smoothly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:18 pm
NPC requested: Renard
What I want to happen: Jamie wants to learn more about the glowy rock's origin/use/whatever if he can. Other information also welcome should it come up, of course!
Link to RP: A Lifelong Investment  

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:46 pm
Daekie
shibrogane
Daekie

DEEP-SEA SIGHTER

Adjusted requirements that were previously thought to be unneeded for growth + finished up one last one! Unless something is explicitly wrong, Alexis should have full growth requirements completed for Beyond.

Nix the statement that it's unsettling or state that it MAY BE unsettling and you're approved.

endejester
Beyond 2.0 Appearance Change: Zac's hair now sports more than just galaxy colors. The under layers of his hair now seem to have glistening places that appear to be a constantly shifting cosmic scene complete with stars. Despite the strangeness, it's all now naturally part of his hair (and doesn't wash out even if he tried).

I need a link to his requirements.

lizbot
Beyond Power for America

Mini Me : Her thoughts and sense of self pulling tighter and tighter, America can shrink down to 3". Easing up and loosening those thoughts and feelings, she returns back to normal size. Practice and reaching better inner-balance enables better at-will control.

Approved

saedusk
Riser Power for Jamie

Energizer Bunny - Jamie's muscles regenerate at a faster than normal rate, allowing him to continue strenuous activity such as running, exercising, and fighting considerably longer than he could otherwise. Regen speed can vary based on the extent of the damage (i.e. general use vs. strain vs. actual injury, etc) and does not heal any physical wounds unrelated to the muscles. Consequently, this uses excessive energy, causing Jamie to get hungry faster and requiring occasional snacking to keep everything running smoothly.

Approved  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:57 pm

I did my work

((Sorry, could have sworn I linked this post here too but apparently not))  

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:28 pm
NPC requested: ezra
What I want to happen:
for leila - explain this ******** birth certificate
for eve - this is part of her current quest :>
Link to RP: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25070475