Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
[Pearl51] I Have to Marry Who?? [Majoring] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pearl51

3,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:03 am
Majoring_In_Fangirl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Allie nodded when Rory mentioned leaving after the toast. Holding back her laughter as Avery rushed over Allie smiled at the interaction between brother and sister. It always touched her heart to see Rory this way. He was so calm and free when he talked with his sister, not letting the weight of the world weigh him down. Allie hoped one day he would be like that all the time. When Avery addressed her finally Allie laughed softly. Leaning over she hugged the little girl and then nodded. "I talk to your mother.. we can go tomorrow." she said with a smile. Giving the little girl a wink she smiled. "And we can go see that new movie you wanted to see.. Inside Out.. we can sneak." she whispered to the little girl. Allie grinned at Rory. "I don't think it's right your mother won't let her see children's cartoon movies.. so I sneak her to as many as possible.. and I buy them when they come out so when she comes over she can watch them." she told him, wanting to explain her reasoning.

When Avery rushed off Allie spun around, worrying about the little girl. When she noticed the pretty woman she tipped her head to the side and then noticed the interaction between the two. Allie gave Rory a knowing look, not one of judgement or accusation, but just of knowing. Allie smiled down at Avery and nodded. "Very best friends." she agreed with a smile. Allie looked at Sybil, and reached out, taking the woman's hand, her ring prominent. Allie pulled her hand back awkwardly, still not liking when she encountered Rory's ex's. It was always awkward and made Allie feel strange, because their marriage wasn't even real.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:41 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════════════════════╗
Ɍiordan "Rory" Ϻichaels
╚═══════════════════════════════════╝

Letting people down is my thing, b a b y
Find yourself a new gig
This town ain't big enough for two of us

It was clear no one was very comfortable. The exception being Avery. She beamed up at the group of people she admired most.
"You're going back?" Rory asked. He was surprised. One moment Sybil reappeared and in the next breath she was going.
Sybil nodded, her left hand lingering behind her. Quickly, she changed the topic. "So, how have you been?" Her smile was purse lipped.
Rory wouldn't let the subject drop. "Why are you going back? You just got home."
Sybil chuckled half-heartedly. "It doesn't really feel like home anymore. I love Spain." Unconsciously, she brought her left hand out from behind her and twisted a ring around her ring finger. "As much as I miss my friends, I can't stay away too long."
The ring didn't escape his attention either. He took her wrist, bringing the hand up for inspection. "What the hell is this? You're engaged?"
"Rory!" Sybil exclaimed in a low voice, jerking her hand back. His declaration had caught the attention of the people around him.
"What the ********, Sybil?" He asked, uncaring who heard.
"Riordan, stop." She said, looking at the people behind him. "Please stop."
But he wouldn't. "Answer me."
Now most of the ballroom was looking their way. Sybil grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him, as politely as she could, sending apologetic smiles, to the vestibule and closed the door after her.
The Irish girl released him like he burned when the door closed behind him. The silence hung in the air like snow, cold and bristling. Sybil turned her back on him and walked to the other side of the room. "That was uncalled for, Riordan. Your sister was right there."
"Answer the ******** question." His blood boiled. Sybil and Rory's breakup had been messy. They dated for a year and half in college, having met through her job as Avery's nanny. It was both of their first serious relationship, though they both agreed marriage was not for them. It had ended when Sybil was offered a fellowship in Spain, working with a small school there. She couldn't say no. Traveling had always been her dream. Riordan begged her to stay. He couldn't go with her and leave Avery but she couldn't stay. So she'd broken up with him and flow away.
"It isn't any of your business." She responded, turning to face him.
"Are. You. Getting. Married?" His voice was tense.
Sybil looked down at the small, gem-less ring. "I am." <********> Rory hadn't really believed Sybil would just one day change her mind and come home to him, but this still made him crazy. "What happened to never getting married? To always being independent?"
"Don't try and make me feel guilty, Riordan." Sybil said. "I've got nothing to feel badly about. Besides, I'm hardly the first to change my mind."
"What's that supposed to mean?" He shot, stepping towards her.
Sybil gave him a look. "You're already married."
Rory had almost forgotten. 'That- That's different. I didn't choose this. Don't change the subject. So who is he?"
"Rory don'-" Sybil began.
"Tell me his name."
"No." The red head asserted, standing her ground. 'No. I'm not going to argue with you. You don't get to be angry with me for this."
"Dammit, Sybil!" Rory was confused. Something within him had resurfaced in the last few months with Allison, but it was too confusing and big. The end of his relationship with Sybil had fueled so much of his anger and resentment towards love, and seeing her move on was unbearable. He was like a wounded animal, angry and scared so he lashed out. "You are exactly like your mother."
The hurtful words splattered over her.The woman's eyes widened. Immediately, he regretted the insult.
Tears threatened to spill over, but her lips pulled into a thin, angry line. She collected her things from the hangers against the wall and moved towards the door.
"Sybil, I-" He reached out to take her arm and stop her but she jerked away.
The small Irish girl stopped and glared at him, her face pulled taunt with anger but she eyes betraying her hurt. And with that, she left, closing the door quietly behind her.

Anything you say can and will be held against you
So only say my name
It will be held against y o u

Pearl51

grndthftautumn

Pearl51

3,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:14 pm
Majoring_In_Fangirl

Watching the exchange Allie was confused, then shocked. Rory was really upset about the possible engagement. When Riordan swore Allison went right into protective mode. She snatched Avery up into her arms, settling the little girl easily on her hip as she walked off, knowing Rory wouldn't want Avery to see such an outburst. Once Avery was deposited to her mother Allie promised the little girl that tomorrow they would go out to the beach and have a good time. Riodan's mother cornered Allie and told her to check on him. Thinking on it a moment Allie nodded, and then proceeded to leave the ballroom, taking the longest possible way around to get to him. Her thought was that he needed time to talk with this woman and get out whatever he was trying to get out with her. Clearly there was something that hurt him, and she was worried about it. How badly had this woman hurt him? How much had she damaged Rory? It just wasn't fair for him. He was such a kind caring person, she saw it every time he was with Avery, and when he had taken care of her after her injury. He didn't deserve to have someone hurt him. He could only take so much, he was just one man.

Finally when she arrived she didn't hear any yelling. Slowly she peeped through the door and saw Rory alone, and seemingly very upset. Silently she slipped inside the room with him, letting the door close with a soft click before carefully making her way over to him. She could almost feel his tension, and his upset. Walking so he could see her she moved to just look at him for a moment before she shook her head. Without saying a word she walked over and hugged him gently, rubbing his back lightly, trying to be as soothing as possible. He just seemed so upset, and if he pushed her away she was going to be as ready for it as possible. Allie just wanted to comfort him like he had comforted her over the past few weeks. From the incident she had gotten a slight concussion and Rory had been so caring in his attentions to her. Rubbing his back lightly she just held him, and didn't say a word. He didn't need her words, nor did he need her judgement. He just needed some comfort her, and she just prayed he would allow her to comfort him and help him through his upset, though she knew she couldn't ease it at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:47 pm
User Image
Ɍiordan "Rory" Ϻichaels

Find yourself a new gig

Rory cursed under his breath after Sybil disappeared. Her cursed her. He cursed Spain and this new man. Her cursed himself and his temper.
He paced a moment, muscles tight with anger. His hand pushed roughly through his hair. The little voice in his head told him what an a** he had been. He'd just insulted Sybil in the worst way he could think after yelling at her but his anger wouldn't allow him to accept blame.
This had to be her fault. She shouldn't have come tonight. Why was she at his mother's party anyway? To show off her new ring? And why wouldn't she just tell him who this new guy was?
But his guilt was louder. In addition to pushing her away all those years ago, he managed to make her cry tonight.
'Great.' he mumbled. "Just ******** great." He wanted to punch something, take out his anger on something breakable. Something that could crash in a cacophony of sound.
Rory looked back at the door where she had gone and found himself sinking under the weight of the past. His failed relationships. Each betrayal, both his and theirs. It was almost too much.
Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Allison. She walked tentatively into the room, surveying the damage. He felt as though everything was strew out, as though she could see the shattered remains of each failed relationship, each attempt at something more, scattered across the floor.
Wordlessly, Allie crossed to him and put her arms around him. She rubbed his back lightly and just held him.
her kindness was startlingly. She'd just watched him get dragged out of the room by an angry ex and Allie didn't bat an eye. The pity in her eyes was the worst part. Rory didn't want to be pitied. Didn't deserve it. The catastrophes of his life were his doing. If a relationship was going well, he sabotaged it. If it was going badly, it was just a confirmation of his beliefs.
It didn't help that things had gotten complicated between them. Where was this, whatever was going on between them, going? Would he ruin that too? Allison, in all her kindness, deserved someone better than him, better than someone who couldn't maintain a healthy relationship to save his life.

So only say my name

Pearl51

grndthftautumn

Pearl51

3,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:27 pm
Majoring_In_Fangirl

Holding him, Allie wasn't sure what they should do, but she didn't think they should stay here. Still keeping her gentle grip on him she smiled and peaked up at him. "Let's go home and play a game on the playstation... you can have a few beers and relax. I didn't want to be here anyway. " She offered, not really wanting Rory to have to go back in there. People would stare and talk, and that wasn't something she personally was okay with. He was a big macho man, but she knew he had feelings too. Thinking of another reason to leave she grinned. "Besides I know it would just kill your mother if we left.. I can only imagine all the shades of red she would turn. " Allie was so kindhearted, and even though she knew Rory didn't want her affection she couldn't help but Greely give it to him. When he wasn't trying to stay away from her or be distant, he was a great guy to be around, and not to mention how he was with his sister. It touched her heart to know one day her children would have a loving father, something she had never known, and likely Rory hadn't either.

"You could play hookie from work tomorrow and come with Avery and I. She keeps wanting go ask you to come with us paddle boarding and to see a movie but you're always at work. She kept telling me she was going to ask you... I think she just assumes you'll know what she wants. Most children do. " With that said Allie leaned up and kissed his cheek before grabbing his hand and pulling him along towards the front door where she grabbed the keys from the valet box and pulled him towards the car. Giving him a bright, unwavering smile she wiggled the keys at him. She just wanted him to have a little fun. "Better yet than going home.. let's go do something crazy! " Trying to turn this night around was her goal, or at least make him forget for a moment what pained him. It was like she was slowly trying to glue all his broken pieces back together. Allie wasn't sure why, but she had a feeling that one day, maybe many years from now, he might start caring for her a little with his glued back together self. It was a foolish dream, but something she was hoping could happen one day. Even if it wasn't romantic, a little caring as a friend would be a start. Giving his hand another gentle tug she did a little wiggle like an excited child.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:53 am
User Image
Ɍiordan "Rory" Ϻichaels

Find yourself a new gig

Allison, unfailing in her enthusiasm, suggested leaving. Going home sounded like the best idea he'd heard in a while. As much as he wanted to see Avery, the heir wasn't sure he could stand to watch him mother parade him around like a prized show horse.
Allison talked about the next day as he left his wife pull him to the door and out into the bristly night air. Skipping work was kind of appealing, but then again, burying himself in some work could take his mind of of today.
Rory couldn't quite figure out why she was being so kind to him. He hadn't exactly been the best husband in the world. Most of their short marriage had been spent in yelling matches. Her strange sense of duty was the most mind boggling. Why devote yourself to someone you didn't know, didn't choose?
At the suggestion doing something crazy, Rory smirked half-heartedly. The idea appealed to him. It was his nature to cover up the things that hurt, force them down and bury them beneath something else. He didn't want to think about Sybil any more so he took the keys from Allie. "Where to then?"
He relinquished her hand to open the car door for her. When she was inside, Riordan walked around and hopped in, starting the engine.

So only say my name

Pearl51

grndthftautumn

Pearl51

3,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:20 pm
Majoring_In_Fangirl

Smiling when he asked her were too, she slipped into the car from the door he was holding open and thought as he walked around the car, pulling on her seat belt as she thought. Looking over at him she shrugged. "Wherever you want to go." she said simply. Thinking on it she tried to think of something he might enjoy. The only thing that came to mind was night boarding. He wouldn't think that was fun. However, she thought she would let him decide. "The only idea I have is night boarding.. I don't normally do anything fun." she lamented. "As long as it's something fun I don't care." she finally decided. It would be nice to just do something with him. Not with any pressures, or with anyone watching them or around them. Looking over at him, she started to think about how they had both changed in their relationship to one another over the course of their short marriage. It seemed he liked her just a little, even if it only seemed to be as a friend.

It wasn't a big shock to her that they were compatible in the bedroom. She thought he was handsome, and he must have thought something was appealing about her. Then again it could have been the drinks. Their first encounter hadn't been while he was buzzed however, so she was fairly certain they at least had some chemistry. It was just a matter of figuring out if they could actually be in a relationship. For her, the friendship stage they seemed to be in now, was a very promising sign, to her anyway.  
~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff