33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:15 am
Mama Ame
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame
Welp finished the first book. Took about a month. Though there were several days where I didn't read at all. So I gotta not do that.

I'm almost finished with Game of Thrones myself. Probably will finish it tonight. biggrin

Nice.

I started Clash of Kings. I was going to take a break from the series to read some faster books, but my power died. I only had the GoT books downloaded on both my phone and kindle so I just stuck with it.

Hoping to finish by the time the last Mortal Instruments book comes out. I have it preordered.

Cool. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:26 pm
Apparently there is a collection of stories involving Magnus Bane coming out later on this year. They were all e-stories but they're putting it into book form.

I think I may have to get that. As Magnus is one of my favorite characters in that world. Him and Jem from Infernal Devices.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:50 pm
Mama Ame
Apparently there is a collection of stories involving Magnus Bane coming out later on this year. They were all e-stories but they're putting it into book form.

I think I may have to get that. As Magnus is one of my favorite characters in that world. Him and Jem from Infernal Devices.

Oh, I definitely will have to get the book once it's released as well. When the collection of stories was first announced on being written, I was excited since Magnus is my favorite character. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:37 pm
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

Oh, I definitely will have to get the book once it's released as well. When the collection of stories was first announced on being written, I was excited since Magnus is my favorite character. biggrin

They have the cover art on Amazon. Not how I pictured him but its fine.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:15 pm
Mama Ame
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

They have the cover art on Amazon. Not how I pictured him but its fine.

Well, with Magnus, he's constantly having different looks. *laughs* But the particular version that's on The Bane Chronicles is how he appears in the Mortal Instruments film.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:22 pm
He doesn't look Asian enough ><

I mean I know hes only half but...ugh. More Asianess.

Also today it took me 2 hours to read 20 pages because I had to stop every single paragraph  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:00 am
Mama Ame

Also today it took me 2 hours to read 20 pages because I had to stop every single paragraph

Haha. xd

Well, when I was reading the books before the film came out, I always pictured Magnus looking like Adam Lambert, just because of how he was being described appearance (aside from his Indonesian heritage) and personality wise.. whee

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:27 pm
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

Haha. xd

Well, when I was reading the books before the film came out, I always pictured Magnus looking like Adam Lambert, just because of how he was being described appearance (aside from his Indonesian heritage) and personality wise.. whee

OH MY GOD YES.

That could total work!

Also T____T I just want to finish Clash of Kings.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:28 pm
Mama Ame
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

Haha. xd

OH MY GOD YES.

That could total work!

Also T____T I just want to finish Clash of Kings.

Don't it?! whee I even showed a paragraph that described Magnus in one of the TMI books to my Mom to read and she even said that it reminded her of Adam Lambert.

Tomorrow I'll be getting Clash of Kings from my friend to borrow, since I finished Game of Thrones and can give it back to her. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:51 am
Nice. Being able to safely share books is always nice.

I should be getting a lot more reading done today. My niece isn't here. As much as I love her the kid can absolutely NOT entertain herself. It's a constant "Play with me. Do this with me. Play dolls with me."

Whereas my two can play with their dolls or cars or whatever on the floor and I can read a bit.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:33 pm
I've managed to get 3% more read today! Which is great since most days I'm lucky if I can get 1%  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:16 am
Mama Ame
I've managed to get 3% more read today! Which is great since most days I'm lucky if I can get 1%

Nice.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:51 pm
Finished Clash of Kings. Now to take a break from that series and read City of Heavenly Fire.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:24 am
Mama Ame
Finished Clash of Kings. Now to take a break from that series and read City of Heavenly Fire.

My friend forgot to bring the book to work with her the day we planned on exchanging books. So, it'll be awhile before I get around to reading the book myself, lol. sweatdrop

For now I've been reading the short stories that make up The Bane Chronicles. And probably will get around to finishing The Princess Bride since I never got to finish it before my library's Screen Reads event for it a month or so ago. xd  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:31 pm
Are the stories in The Bane Chronicles good? Worth buying the collection?

I'm regretting not reading A Clockwork Princess prior to starting The City of Heavenly Fire. Magnus has referenced Tessa a few times and I have absolutely no idea what happened because I haven't finished the series and now I'm annoyed.

So that means I won't be starting the next Game of Thrones until I finish Clockwork Princess. XD

Also I have The Princess Bride but I've never read it.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff