Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
We want to hear your voices! Give us ideas to move forward! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KittieCupcakes

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:53 pm
Whoops. I posted a new thread with an idea before I saw this one. Sorry! Feel free to delete it! sweatdrop

I think I had a great idea that would make Gaia listen to us.
They have posted their mailing address on their website, and I think that we should make people aware of it and spread it and encourage users to write letters to Gaia HQ. Emails are too easily deleted and ignored. Writing real, tangible letters might be our best option.

I spoke to a mod about this, and she said that while spreading the mailing address is not against the rules or the ToS, it is a risky move in that if HQ is flooded with letters (which is what we want), work at HQ could suffer and the site could be affected (though I'm pretty sure it would only be temporary). She said that having accounts banned is unlikely, but any threads with the address in it could be deleted to try to root the problem out.

What do you guys think? I think it it's done right it could really make an impact and get our concerns noticed. If people are taking the time to write letters it would show that we really do care about the site and the direction it's heading.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:15 pm
KittieCupcakes
Whoops. I posted a new thread with an idea before I saw this one. Sorry! Feel free to delete it! sweatdrop

They have posted their mailing address on their website, and I think that we should make people aware of it and spread it and encourage users to write letters to Gaia HQ. Emails are too easily deleted and ignored. Writing real, tangible letters might be our best option.

I spoke to a mod about this, and she said that while spreading the mailing address is not against the rules or the ToS, it is a risky move in that if HQ is flooded with letters (which is what we want), work at HQ could suffer and the site could be affected (though I'm pretty sure it would only be temporary). She said that having accounts banned is unlikely, but any threads with the address in it could be deleted to try to root the problem out.

What do you guys think? I think it it's done right it could really make an impact and get our concerns noticed. If people are taking the time to write letters it would show that we really do care about the site and the direction it's heading.

Now that you mention it, I notice that this address is not in our member handbook. I'll be adding it very soon. This is a positive effort and I hope that others can take advantage of this opportunity.

KittieCupcakes

Hook me up with the address so we can tackle the handbook part of it and slap it up on the ATG forum too biggrin
I'm in the middle of work so I can't go searching for it right now, your help would be awesome sad  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

KittieCupcakes

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:45 am
Pwnder
KittieCupcakes

Now that you mention it, I notice that this address is not in our member handbook. I'll be adding it very soon. This is a positive effort and I hope that others can take advantage of this opportunity.
Fabulous! I found it in the help center (if you just search for "address" it's the second topic that pops up).
I think we need to do more than just post it in the handbook, though. I think that we as a guild and as community members in general need to get the word out and encourage our friends and other people we see who are upset to take five minutes and write a letter. We could even set up a thread in a forum or two with suggestions/guidelines, and link people to it from around Gaia.
I'd be more than happy to do this, but I would just like some help with stuff like "what should we say" and "what forums should we post in" and that sort of technical stuff.
If we all make an effort to flood Gaia HQ with letters, I think that they might finally sit up and notice.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:40 am
Okay, so I've started the letter writing campaign here.

PLEASE any feedback would be so lovely. Also, if the guild could make a guild announcement about it that would be amazing and really help spread the word.  

KittieCupcakes

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:09 pm
Gotta post my idea. I have to say I gave it a go this morning and it kinda paid off lol

The Aquarium message bottles are a great way to make our voices heard. Take your bottle and send a message to all Gaians! Not only that, you can respond in many other users message bottles with your own comments. I personally provided a link to the guild and a short message attached to my comments. Some one voted me best in bottle so that was kinda confirming smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:16 pm
Quadropopilous
++

My suggestion is, does anyone remember the Gaia Magazine that use to be posted?
I think it'd be very neat if we were to compile our own information, polls, and etc and publish
a monthly magazine based on the Gaian Economy and it's growth. It'd be much easier
for the public to read and have centralized information. Including such things as glitches
or fixes that haven't been done. Just like Gaia Magazine being a magazine for Gaians
by Gaians, I'm sure we could successfully make our own, though I'm not sure what
we would call it. Gaia Revolution I guess, press edition. Hmmm. What does everyone
else think?

(Psst. I want to be a publisher for this if we do this.) ++

Pwnder

I dig your idea. You are more than welcome to jump into something like that if you choose. I'd love to see something like that. The most we can do at the moment is give you some reference topics and such.
If you were to do it. Would you post it as a thread somewhere or how do you imagine it?

++ We could post a thread, but it'd be a link that would.. link to our magazine.
Gaia Magazine used http://issuu.com/ so I assume we could use the same thing.
It's nifty because it also supports clickable links. We could have a nice mag
with links back to some of our hottest and most supportive threads.

Here's Gaia Online Magazine's last edition as a good example of how issuu
works. ++

http://issuu.com/gaiaonlinemagazine/docs/gom_9

Pwnder

Ohh that is pretty nifty. Looks like it could be a lot of fun. I suppose it would pretty much cover things going on in the guild and around Gaia? I'm rolling this around in my head right now trying to imagine some things. If you have a rough draft I could check out I might be willing to participate if I have time. Other users and guilds could promote their things in it as well, just as long as it has to do with Gaia in general of course hmmm... *thinks too hard*

++ So yea. What does everyone else think? Gaia: Revolution press edition.
We could highlight some of the economy numbers, the votes, the current issues
that Gaia's been facing. Interviews we've had with admin (or just stuff they've
said in general). Our letter petition and links to other polls and petitions we've
had/started. There's a lot of information we could put in this. We could do monthly
issues too. And it'd be a much easier centralized form of data to compare with from
month to month to really show how much of change is going on.

It'd take some work, but I think it'd be fun to do. It'd take several people to work on it.
And people from the guild could submit their own articles for us to put in it.
We can highlight the parts of Gaia that we still love as well!

And it'd be much easier to show to other people. People not willing to come to a guild
and have to scroll through mass amounts of forums new and old to get honest information.
It'd be in a nice, pretty, and graphical online magazine that they could flip through and
read at their leisure. And I'm sure we'd get more followers/readers that way too.++

Quadropopilous

Rare

KittieCupcakes

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:23 pm
Pwnder

Hook me up with the address so we can tackle the handbook part of it and slap it up on the ATG forum too biggrin
I'm in the middle of work so I can't go searching for it right now, your help would be awesome sad
Absolutely!
Send letters to:
Gaia Online
P.O. Box 612680
San Jose, CA 95161-2680
USA

Source  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:30 pm
Quadropopilous
Quadropopilous
++

My suggestion is, does anyone remember the Gaia Magazine that use to be posted?
I think it'd be very neat if we were to compile our own information, polls, and etc and publish
a monthly magazine based on the Gaian Economy and it's growth. It'd be much easier
for the public to read and have centralized information. Including such things as glitches
or fixes that haven't been done. Just like Gaia Magazine being a magazine for Gaians
by Gaians, I'm sure we could successfully make our own, though I'm not sure what
we would call it. Gaia Revolution I guess, press edition. Hmmm. What does everyone
else think?

(Psst. I want to be a publisher for this if we do this.) ++

Pwnder

I dig your idea. You are more than welcome to jump into something like that if you choose. I'd love to see something like that. The most we can do at the moment is give you some reference topics and such.
If you were to do it. Would you post it as a thread somewhere or how do you imagine it?

++ We could post a thread, but it'd be a link that would.. link to our magazine.
Gaia Magazine used http://issuu.com/ so I assume we could use the same thing.
It's nifty because it also supports clickable links. We could have a nice mag
with links back to some of our hottest and most supportive threads.

Here's Gaia Online Magazine's last edition as a good example of how issuu
works. ++

http://issuu.com/gaiaonlinemagazine/docs/gom_9

Pwnder

Ohh that is pretty nifty. Looks like it could be a lot of fun. I suppose it would pretty much cover things going on in the guild and around Gaia? I'm rolling this around in my head right now trying to imagine some things. If you have a rough draft I could check out I might be willing to participate if I have time. Other users and guilds could promote their things in it as well, just as long as it has to do with Gaia in general of course hmmm... *thinks too hard*

++ So yea. What does everyone else think? Gaia: Revolution press edition.
We could highlight some of the economy numbers, the votes, the current issues
that Gaia's been facing. Interviews we've had with admin (or just stuff they've
said in general). Our letter petition and links to other polls and petitions we've
had/started. There's a lot of information we could put in this. We could do monthly
issues too. And it'd be a much easier centralized form of data to compare with from
month to month to really show how much of change is going on.

It'd take some work, but I think it'd be fun to do. It'd take several people to work on it.
And people from the guild could submit their own articles for us to put in it.
We can highlight the parts of Gaia that we still love as well!

And it'd be much easier to show to other people. People not willing to come to a guild
and have to scroll through mass amounts of forums new and old to get honest information.
It'd be in a nice, pretty, and graphical online magazine that they could flip through and
read at their leisure. And I'm sure we'd get more followers/readers that way too.++

I was thinking that if this somehow moves forward, we need to remind the readers of some of the things that Gaia has subjected their userbase to in the past 6 months, things that some people might have forgotten after time such as:

The "survey"
The "lab rats presentation"
The "site centering"
Promises of Loyals shop
Promises of Inventory Arranger
Smashblox (before nerf)

Other topics that may need to be addressed:

Lanzer announcment (and where is he really)
Glassdoor reviews (highly controversiall but needs to be discussed)
Cancelling ATA (Promises of a replacement for ATA)
Gold Generators vs ToS
Inflation
the CEO (he who must not be named / Goldemort / Dear Leader and why we call him that and why he must not be addressed by name)
No guilds update
No zOMG update
"God mode sales" during 2013 Halloween event.(and raising the GS price on potions)

This is just some of the stuff I can think of off the top of my head.
I'll probably be adding more as it comes to me.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:59 pm
Pwnder

++ Yes, thank you for the list! I've made a thread in the Site Feedback / Ideas
suggestion of the guild dedicated to the magazine. ++

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:59 pm
I don't know if anyone's suggested this before, so if they have (or it's been done), pass me by :3

As one of those attention-getting, unity moves, we could, for a period of time (days, week, maybe even a month) change all our avis to include The Masque. Kind of like the suggestions with the S.O.S signs and such. But I figure with all of us pulling together to be heard as Gaia's community in need, we can also act the part of the hero. A new wave of mystery avatars hitting the forums, maybe.

In a weird way. Maybe the thought doesn't make sense.  

Shisa_Piston

Lunatic

Necra Eclips

Alien Warrior

16,675 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:26 pm
Pwnder

No zOMG update

On this point I have sceen info. ZOMG if a flash based game. Because of this, Gaia is no longer updating it since Flash itself is 'outdated' Thank you Apple. I read a thread where a lot of andrion and other smart phone people were complaining about it and one of the higher up decided to comment.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:47 pm
Necra Eclips
Pwnder

No zOMG update

On this point I have sceen info. ZOMG if a flash based game. Because of this, Gaia is no longer updating it since Flash itself is 'outdated' Thank you Apple. I read a thread where a lot of andrion and other smart phone people were complaining about it and one of the higher up decided to comment.
Odd, from what I've come to understand they laid off all the devs who were in charge of it. It's coded in both Flash and Groovy, and the only devs left only know Flash so they can't work on it at all.  

Shisa_Piston

Lunatic

Necra Eclips

Alien Warrior

16,675 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:30 am
Technicolour_Piston
Necra Eclips
Pwnder

No zOMG update

Odd, from what I've come to understand they laid off all the devs who were in charge of it. It's coded in both Flash and Groovy, and the only devs left only know Flash so they can't work on it at all.

There was also talk about it being handled by another group now so it's pretty hard to say what's right.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:37 pm
Wear Heartsbane items with our avi's backs turned on Valentines day?  

Gintsumi

Zelda Faye

Interstellar Muse

15,175 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:12 pm
is there an offsite online site that we can go on if we boycott gaia for days or weeks on end? so we can talk there and not loose contact and such  
💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff