Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
A Great British Journey of Discovery. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arivel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:01 pm
Invictus_88
Arivel
Hallo, you. It's been a while.

So then, when will you be leaving then?

I'm leaving in a month... o.o

Indeed, it's been too long. AIM still won't resurrect itself.

We'll be leaving in about a month, which reminds me. I've been neglecting the map a bit, it's on Kate's wall and I've got most of the locations pinned on the route, but not all.

Ha, coming so soon? The date with Invi draws nearer! xd

Ohwell, I'm not on AIM much anymore (avoiding Brandon). And my MSN is dysfunctional. D'you have YIM?

We've got pretty much our whole trip planned out now. I'm torn. I can't wait to go, and yet I don't want to, I'll miss a lot of people. xD

Not too soon... Oh horror! A date with Invi! *fear...?* heart

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:34 pm
Arivel
Invictus_88
Arivel
Hallo, you. It's been a while.

So then, when will you be leaving then?

I'm leaving in a month... o.o

Indeed, it's been too long. AIM still won't resurrect itself.

We'll be leaving in about a month, which reminds me. I've been neglecting the map a bit, it's on Kate's wall and I've got most of the locations pinned on the route, but not all.

Ha, coming so soon? The date with Invi draws nearer! xd

Ohwell, I'm not on AIM much anymore (avoiding Brandon). And my MSN is dysfunctional. D'you have YIM?

We've got pretty much our whole trip planned out now. I'm torn. I can't wait to go, and yet I don't want to, I'll miss a lot of people. xD

Not too soon... Oh horror! A date with Invi! *fear...?* heart

Nope, shame about your MSN though. We've a webcam now by the way, though I still can't work the thing properly! ><

Youll miss a lot of people? I guess that's good, a better sign than when you wanted nothing more than to leave behind everyone you knew IRL.

Ha, well. I confess, if it were a 'date' in the datey sense, it'd be one of my first. That mess has never been my style.

Fear? Heh, mutual apprehensiveness, I'm sure..

Invictus_88
Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:38 pm
My car is fixed, and I've a little black book to keep the addresses and contact numbers of any of you lot who would be happy to offer a weary Invictus and his girlfriend a cup of tea, perhaps a shower and an ironing-board too if you're feeling extremely generous..

..so, if you're happy to be a part of this Great British Tour, PM me to say so and I'll happily see where you fit in on the route. Though, I warn you, we're not planning this thing very precisely, so we'll be unable to give more than two or three days warning. Which suits some people well and others not so much.

My car has been sorted to pass it's MOT retest tomorrow, and my, it's a strange animal. It really does sound like the recycled it is. Loud, made to wartime safety specifications and sometimes quite angry.

Amusingly, bringing Kate back in it from the mechanics, the cab filled with smoke.

It'll be fine, really. I promise.

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:48 pm
Come to Essex, some chavs are bound to compliment you on it.  

and_solo_said

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:54 am
and_solo_said
Come to Essex, some chavs are bound to compliment you on it.

I have no stealable hubcaps, high ground clearance and nothing of value. If I stay in the car, I can deal with them.

ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:55 am
Could be worse. Some chav around here owns a blue version of this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

and_solo_said

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:43 am
Hey! Bristol. Unfortunately I'm missing the balloon festival this year, as I'm on a summer course. But good that you're going. I heart Bristol unhealthily.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:50 am
*has absolutely no knowledge of geography or place names*

Are you going to be anywhere near Cardiff? It's just a pity that I'm not in Glasgow anymore, since I know my way around there (or at least the routes to interesting shops) but if you're anywhere near Cardiff during your travels, give me a shout. I don't think we have tea but we do have jaffa cakes.

Oh, and bring sunscreen.  

Tsamikayu

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:51 am
Bristol's near-ish to Cardiff, isn't it? I drove down for a Bob Dylan concert once... didn't seem too far.

But then I was bouncing off the walls, so... mrgreen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:52 am
Panthino the Moth
Bristol's near-ish to Cardiff, isn't it? I drove down for a Bob Dylan concert once... didn't seem too far.

But then I was bouncing off the walls, so... mrgreen

Ooh, it is! Or at least it sounds familiar enough to me, so it must be somewhat nearby. There's my logic for you.  

Tsamikayu

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:54 am
Tsamikayu

Ooh, it is! Or at least it sounds familiar enough to me, so it must be somewhat nearby. There's my logic for you.

There you go. You can drag Invictus over from Bristol.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:55 am
Panthino the Moth
Tsamikayu

Or if it's any easier, I could go there. Only ever been there for a few minutes during my Cardiff-Glasgow train journey.  

Tsamikayu

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:57 am
Tsamikayu
Panthino the Moth
Tsamikayu

Or if it's any easier, I could go there. Only ever been there for a few minutes during my Cardiff-Glasgow train journey.

Go for the balloon festival. It's great. I hijacked a balloon one year. domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:59 am
Panthino the Moth
Tsamikayu
Panthino the Moth
Tsamikayu

Am I right in thinking that this balloon festival involves hot air balloons rather than their smaller, air-filled cousins?  

Tsamikayu

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:12 am
Tsamikayu
Panthino the Moth
Tsamikayu

Am I right in thinking that this balloon festival involves hot air balloons rather than their smaller, air-filled cousins?

Yup. They also have human-shaped ones. mrgreen I seem to remember a Noel Edmonds one, but that may have been a cheese dream.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff